Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 09:53 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Monday EUGH! NOT AGAIN WHY GOD WHY!

Hey Girls its Monday
After a weekend of REtail I'm off to spend more money and join my unis gym
note the sig i was not pleased when standing on a scale in pennies
but it was a good wakeup call so 2day is day 1 revisited Cmout and play I m gonna run aorund a bit
Love
Kier
Old 10-22-2001, 10:23 AM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Bad Monday!

I wish I didn't dislike Mondays so much!
My boss is in court this morning but will be back by lunch so I'd better get busy so I have something to prove to her.
Bye for now!
Happy day everyone!!!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 11:29 AM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Thumbs down

Hey Cool Peoples!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was great! I had a super busy day at work on Saturday! Very pleasing after this past weeke was so frustrating. I went and did a mini-massage presentation and it went really really well. We went to a friends b-day party saturday night and had a great time. Yesterday I got a bunch of stuff done and I went for an awesome brisk walk in the cold night. Speaking of cold-guess what?! Its snowing here today! It snowed a tiny bit on Saturaday but it melted away too fast. Right now there is a good 5 centimeters on my railing and its coming down heavy. Its so beautiful! Its the big flake-white fluffy kind! It puts me in the mood for Christmas so I've been listening to Christmas carols since I woke up I have today off-yippee but I have a ton of house stuff to catch up on. We're going grocery shopping too-yay! We have nothing in our house that I can make anything with. We only have a little crappy convenience food and nothing else. Unfortunately we ate out lots last week because we just had no time to go shop Good news is that I stll managed to lose a pound

Kier glad to here you're motivated again

Hi Stacey, your boss sounds like a fun-**** or something. its must of been nice when (s)he was gone last week.

Everyone else: where are you? Come out and play! Have a super OP day all
Old 10-22-2001, 11:53 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Calling all lurkers!!

Come out and post!! I know you are out there...the board doesn't lie
btw...did anyone see Liar, Liar last night? I've seen it before but I think it's just so cute!
Well, getting back to work.
Rina: I'm envious of your snow...kind of. I love snow, but hate the bad driving weather. You know?
Ok, now I'm getting back to work.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:54 AM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Default Horsey girl no more

Yes, that's right. It looks like my horse has been sold so today I'm a little sad So sad i just illustrated. THere is a good possibility of me leasing a different horse at the same barn, for less money, but he needs training so I wouldn't even be riding him for the first 6 weeks or so. And I'll miss my buddy. His owner said it's entirely possible the people who put a deposit on him won't come and pick him up so I'll know for sure Wednesday night. I'll try to look on the bright side - more money in the bank account, Tuesday nights free to see a movie, time to find a new horse...Big sigh. I wish it was snowing here. we rarely get any cool snow. Just the grey stuff that makes everybody drive like idiots and makes the roads just slippery enough. Well, I'm off to do some actual work. Hope everyone is having a good monday. Oh, and a .4 gain at WI Saturday, back on track today I guess.
KT
Old 10-22-2001, 01:05 PM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I had a good weekend. We had a ball to go to to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the Junior League of Peoria (which I am a member of. If you have a Junior League in your town I really recomend them. It is a great organization). Anyway, I did not eat the appitizers or and cake and I can't drink so I did well food wise at a party for once. Oh yah, and the next time we have one of these I am recomending that they don't let a babyboomer pick the music. The band played all oldies! BLAH! Very poor choice considering 90% of the people there were in HS/college in the late 80's early 90's.

KT: any chance you could buy the horse, take out a loan or someting? I would be sad to see him/her go. But maybe fun to make a new horse friend.

Stacey: I thought Liar Liar was cute too, but I did not see it last night. Watched a really good thing on A&E about Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of UK. It was well made.

RIna: Have fun with the snow. Glad your work went better.

Kier: So, how is the food over there? What have you been eating that you really like? What have you been eating that you don't like? What is something we have the same thing of (like a fast food place or product at store) that is called the same but not the same at all? I just was wondering this stuff.

Oh, did anyone see Lemon Diet Coke at the store recently. It looked so strange. I can't have any right now so I was wondering what it tasted like.

Trish
Old 10-22-2001, 01:47 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I just got out of my first meeting as Coordinator of the Cairde Program dear god shoot me? strike me down pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase
ok so it wasnt bad but it wasnt great either
Trish the food is um not great
i had one fabu meal and that was when i went to adare manor and almost everythign has msg
but i do like Chicken curry with chips aka fries
the thought that isnt put towards real food is put towards goodies DEAR GOD the goodies the kitkats i love but will have no more of
at the mo i'm waiting on seeing if they can open the accessible door tto the gym so that i can go at the arse crack of dawn with moira
OOOH b4 i forget the most reprehensible food items i saw were a white sauce for LASANGA and italian chili!
Horsey im sorry bout your equine friend maybe they wont buy him
I have a cute puppy Story yesterday i called home and talked to my sis for about a half hour
then she put me on with the dogs
Jack our fluffy white guy ears perked up when he heard me
Muffus my lil puttyboy leaned his head in and licked the phone while i talked to him i gotta run so i will post l8r
Love Kier
Old 10-22-2001, 03:28 PM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Translator please!

Gosh! Kier! It takes me awhile to read through all the "code"
I know what you mean about the puppys. Mine will lick the phone when DH puts the phone to her ear.
Damn! Boss is back...although she's on Zanax (sp?) right now. Today her divorce was final. SUcks to be her...sucks to be me (since it sucks to be her)
Oh well, I just have to grin and bear it.
ps...I HATE halloween candy! I brought a big bowl of it to work today and have managed to eat most of it myself.
Tonight is housework and walking the dog at least.
getting back to work------------
Old 10-22-2001, 04:30 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Snow?

I guess it doesn't surprise me there's been snow in Canada! My sister, in Vermont, said it's snowed already. And the mountains in West Virginia got a dusting over the weekend. Here in Virginia, we've been hitting 70 degrees during the day. When the sun goes down, though, it gets chilly and I have to turn on the heat.

Well, my mom's visit was a success. She helped me quite a bit with getting things organized and my house actually looks like a home. My mom even wallpapered the scary looking walls in one of the bathrooms. I hung up pictures, and things really are starting to look quite nice. I've done about 10 loads of laundry with my practically new washer/dryer (I used it for only 2 years before storing it 3 years ago), washing blankets, etc., things I didn't wash as much when I had to feed quarters into the machine. My next chore is unpacking all my clothes, which I still haven't done. Maybe tonight!

I had to stop writing this to run to a spot news call. Back now, but I have to work. See ya later, ladies!
Old 10-22-2001, 04:34 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Slow board lately. Where is everyone?? I have been doing OK with points and ok with exercise. We'll see what the scale says on Saturday. I haven't WI for 2 weeks and I leave for vacation at the end of next week.

KT... I was sad when we sold my horse. But I no longer had the time to work with her since I was in college. I used to have sheep too and I miss them dearly. hubby and I want land badly, but it is hard to find around here since there are so many subdivisions going up. AKA... farmers are making a pretty penny on the land they don't want anymore. hubby and I are still looking and if we get the money we are going to buy.

Stacey... Yikes... good luck with the boss! Give her chocolate!

Trish... saw the lemon coke in the store, never tried it. I am not a fan of Diet coke, but I will drink it with a slice of lemon in it. I squeeze the lemon and it cuts the yucky diet aftertaste. I did try the lemon diet pepsi a couple months ago and it is OK, but not something I would frequently buy!

Have a great day all!
Old 10-22-2001, 04:35 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

On Halloween candy ... I don't think I'm going to buy any this year. I think I'm going to a Halloween party that night, and police are advising kids not to trick-or-treat anyway. Plus, my house isn't really in a neighborhood or subdivision, so I doubt I'd get anyone, anyway. Last year, I bought candy and I didn't get a single trick-or-treater. I was disappointed, too.

If I do buy any candy, I'll get candy corn, because I hate it and wouldn't eat it myself!
Old 10-22-2001, 05:43 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Help!

My company had a United Way "thank you" thingee this afternoon, and I just found out I won a chocolate bar. I didn't even contribute this year (I'm giving to other things), I just wanted some punch! Maybe I'll give it away, although I really, really want it!

Just found out my married co-workers had their twin girls on my birthday! Elizabeth and Madeline. They came a little early, 32 weeks, I think I heard, and they both weigh about 4 lbs. They have to stay in the hospital for a while, but apparently they're doing well.

On the baby note, I lost track of how many times my mom mentioned she wanted grandchildren last week. I'm starting to think she's willing to skip over the whole marriage part if it would just mean a grandbaby to spoil! My dogs adore her — they slept with her the entire week, but she wants human grandchildren, not furry ones!

Last edited by kimobi; 10-22-2001 at 05:56 PM.
Closed Thread