Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default going to whole foods from the S.A.D.

So I am going to go to a whole foods way of life. Right now I am eating the typical standard american diet. Lots of processed foods, pop, lots of cheese, etc. Will I experience a lot of detox symptoms. I eat a LOT of sugary things and I recently tried to go off sugar compeltely and had a headache from **** for two days so I quit. I am really motivated this time and I need to get healthy for my children, I just need to know what exactly to suspect.

Thanks
Angela
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

IMO, you will start to crave wholesome foods (I know I did). I never experienced any "detox symptoms", but perhaps I was ready to get rid of the processed crap that was part of my diet. It actually wasn't hard for me to start at all! Since you have decided that this will be best for you, you are ready for this change and if you can stick with it for a few weeks, your cravings for sugar and other crappy foods will diminish and you'll actually look forward to eating the good stuff.
Good luck and welcome!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #3  

Hmm, no detox symptoms here but if I cut out caffeine I would. Some people like to jump in and make a complete change and others do better with small steps. You'll have to decide what works best for you. For me, having a whole food alternative that was similar to what I was used to helped. Tacos w/ ww tortilla, soda water with lemon vs pop (I like bubbles), salads mixed with spinach until I was eating all spinach. I can't think of any other examples right now. The idea is to plan and have things that are familiar so you don't stare in the fridge and wonder what in the world to fix.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #4  
Mel

I never had a headache when I went off sugar- but I get them when I have sugar now. I do know that a LOT of people have "withdrawal" type headaches for a day or two (or three?) when they stop the sugar and processed foods. You probably quit just as you were about to be feeling so much better! Even if you do have a headache for a day or two, you are doing your body such a favor, that I think it's worth it!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote