Weekly food bill, whats your's?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • This is the first week that I have tracked my food bill spending. I have switched to "clean eating" so I believe this is the right category for this.

3 large summer squash
    8 green peppers
    8 red onions
    carrots
    8 pears
    8 oranges
    broccoli tops
    3 heads of romaine lettuce
    8 plum tomatoes
    bananas 5 lbs
    _________$19.50 USD

All natural
    Turkey Tenderloins 1 lb
    chicken breasts 3.4 lbs
    _________$9.67 USD

whole grain, oat bagels
    _________$2.99 USD

colby cheese sticks
    _________$2.99 USD

Final total: $35.15

How did I do it? I have this cool store near me called Produce Junction, the produce comes in preset lbs but its very inexpensive.

The meat I got on sale at Shop Rite and the same with the cheese and bagels. I look for sales each week.
  • Great job on your shopping. I don't have mine broken down, but I do have a bad habit of shopping for convenience rather than price; i.e., go to one store and do it all. The only exception is in the summer when the farmer's markets are open.....but that's more like an outing with side benefits!
  • WOW!

Food is much cheaper where you are than here.

I also spend about $30-40 a week on food, but that's without meat or dairy.
  • I spend roughly $50 a week on food.

But I also tend to get organic packaged products which cost an arm and a leg, like organic prepacked pizza crusts are personal size and I spend $5 for two of them. I also have to buy the cheese and the sauce.

I don't mind though. I just have to watch how often I decide to eat out. Sometimes I'm just staring at my kitchen shelf thinking "I don't want any of this..." and I either go out and get something or I get really creative...
  • About 80AUD
  • You guys are better than me. Although I shop for 3 people, I generally spend about $100 a week {sometimes more}. We go to Shop rite, Aldis, Produce Junction, mainly.
  • I shop for 2 people and spend $150+/wk
  • 4 people @ approx $150. Probably $50 is my "share"
  • My partner and I usually spend around $100 (AUD) one week, then $60 or so the next. Most of it on fresh fruit and veg, but we buy a lot of organic packaged stuff which jacks up the price! We don't eat meat though.

I am jealous of everyone managing to only spend $30 a week!
  • i do most of my shopping at aldi's. everything is not organic, but their produce is so cheap!
  • My family food bill used to be about $300 before I went on my diet.

Since I am eating less, the bill is now about $200-250.
  • Ours still runs about $100-$150 a week for 2 adults but the categories sure are different! Much more falls under "produce" and "dairy" than "grocery". Grocery means doritos, soda, cookies, bagels, etc.!

People say it's so much more expensive to eat healthy. In our case, now that we have it down, it's actually the same or cheaper in some respects. No more takeout and/or delivery which is $20 minimum no matter what we ordered.
  • Quote: Ours still runs about $100-$150 a week for 2 adults but the categories sure are different! Much more falls under "produce" and "dairy" than "grocery". Grocery means doritos, soda, cookies, bagels, etc.!

People say it's so much more expensive to eat healthy. In our case, now that we have it down, it's actually the same or cheaper in some respects. No more takeout and/or delivery which is $20 minimum no matter what we ordered.
    good point. I don't think most people think of eating out when they think about their grocery bill. but they should.
  • I spend $30 to $40 a week for one person. I buy lots of fresh vegetables, fruits, fish, and a few staple ingredients, like soy sauce, that I can't make from scratch. I also buy kimchi and tofu, but I'm getting ready to attempt both from scratch to reduce my bill.
  • I spend about $125 for two adults.

But I buy everything on the dirty dozen list organic (celery, green pepper, tomatoes, apples grapes, lettuce, carrots, etc.). And I juice TONS of lettuce varieties every week!

The dirty dozen: