3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Holiday Challenge 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/98377-holiday-challenge-2006-a.html)

regina1024 12-09-2006 09:39 AM

So I had my weigh in this morning and even though I ate out 4 times this week and was PMSing big time, I lost 2.8 pounds!! Making my total 9.8 for my holiday challenge and 19.8 total since November 3, 2006. I am so happy!!

So I made a new holiday challenge of 15 pounds which would make 25 total. Hopefully I can do it. My original plan was 20 pounds by Christmas and I am there!! YES! It feels so good.

Thanks for all the support. You all are the best! Keep up the good work everyone
regina

CharityKB 12-09-2006 12:19 PM

WTG Regina!!!

I was down 1.8 today at weigh in, yeah!! I am now in ONEderland!!!

Rosegarden 12-09-2006 12:33 PM

Great Job Regina and Charity!!!! I'm doing some Christmas decorating and cooking for my busy week ahead. Gotta pull out those recipes that I pulled last week and act on them - funny how life gets so busy and interferes huh?

djmommy 12-09-2006 03:47 PM

You guys are awesome... Way to go.. That motivates me to get back on track.. I hope I have a good wl this week... Good luck ladies....

boaterswife 12-09-2006 11:43 PM

Charity...way to go!

Regina....keep it up!

Weigh in today, and I'm down 1.8 also, and now in ONEDERLAND! I am unbelievably thrilled!

Now let's toss in a couple NSV's....Went to an adult Christmas party tonight (had to leave early so DH could go to work, but at least we got to go!). Anyway, we were doing the secret santa/rob your neighbor thing and I was number 8 out of 11 on the female side. Well, when they called #8 I yelled "it's me, it's me, I'm 8" and a guy friend said "I don't think so....you're way closer to a 10 than a 8!" I have to say I could've tossed him on the floor and kissed him! Let me add that his wife is a personal trainer, so you know she's built well, and he still noticed and made such an awesome comment! I think my DH was even a bit surprised!

2nd NSV this evening came during the grazing period...I went to the party fine, just a little hungry, but that quickly changed to starving. There were no healthy choices at all in the appetizers that were out, but I knew if I didn't eat something it would get worse. I fixed myself a VERY small plate of the best of the worst to take the edge off until dinner. When the dinner items were put out, the choices weren't much better, but I think I did OK! I chose extra lean beef in aujus...I didn't have the aujus or the roll to put it on, I only had the beef. She also had a tossed salad with dressings out that you could choose for yourself. I waited until a couple people had taken salad so that I could take some from the same spot in the dish and only get the veggies....they had taken the cheese and croutons that were on top. She did have two reduced fat salad dressings out along with some regular fat choices, so I had the lowest point value choice available. I ate slowly, giving my brain time to catch up with my stomach and filled up nicely! I walked straight past the desserts without a second glance! Yay me!

CarebearsChris 12-10-2006 01:37 AM

Way to go everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. Busy busy busy. It should slow down this week I hope. No more trips to the doc (been twice this week...sinus infection and tendonitis in the arm). No more Christmas parties till the 17th, then another one on the 22nd (I think those are the right dates). Today's party was no big deal. Lots and lots of food but it is the youth bowlers, and I am way to busy to eat. Not to mention it is 10:30 or so in the morning. I did eat some turkey that was left over about 1...talk about dried out turkey...YUCK.

Hope everyone is doing well.

CarebearsChris 12-10-2006 02:11 PM

At home WI

I am now doing 2 WIs a week. I decided to continue my at home WIs while doing the meetings. This will show me my total loss and I will be on track with it should I stop doing meetings again. I lost 3 pounds today, making a grand total of 37 pounds forever gone. And I am 1/2 way to my New Year's Goal

Elanajel 12-10-2006 03:01 PM

Goal:
weigh 2 pounds less on Jan. 1, 2007

How to get there:
Hire a personal trainer
Weigh/measure food again (fell off this wagon--and it shows!)
Add an additional workout session so I'm at 5/week

Good luck to all!

CarebearsChris 12-10-2006 03:09 PM

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck.

boaterswife 12-10-2006 06:06 PM

Elana, you've definitely set up a workable plan...good for you!

Chris, hope you're finally feeling better! Winter cold weather and not feeling well all at the same time makes it rough...hang in there! And 37 pounds gone forever? That's AWESOME!!!

Mom2QJandT 12-10-2006 08:21 PM

Just remembered to check in on this thread since I haven't since I joined the holiday challenge. My goal was 11 pounds by Christmas Eve and I have lost 8 of them! Only 3 to go, I should have no trouble hitting that goal!

CarebearsChris 12-10-2006 10:23 PM

Way to go, Mom. I have 5 more to go for mine...but I have till the first of the year.

Feeling much better. The shot of cortisone for my arm has done wonders. I bowled tonight pain free and had one of my better nights. Sinus infection seems to be clearing up...now that I have remembered to take my pills 3 times a day like I am suppose to.

djmommy 12-11-2006 09:26 AM

Wow you all are great. I hope I do as well. My weekend was not good at all. I need to refocuse today and hope for the best..My WI is tom so I need to get rid of h2o retention....... good luck eveyone.

CarebearsChris 12-11-2006 10:39 AM

djmommy
Good luck with WI tomorrow.

djmommy 12-12-2006 12:16 PM

Well guys considering the bad weekend I had this week I am down 1\2 pd wha hoo. I am happy with that. I am going to try to do better this week. I need to record and stay op. I am eating out on Fri but it wil be a seafood place so It should be easy. I have a party to go to tonight, I think I will do ok. Just girls and wine and I am sure low cal appt. I am making one so I can eat that.... And I think we decided to do away with desserts.... Nothing like a ladies party where we all are watching our weight......Good luck to you all. I do not think I will make my goal this monmth but I will be happy with any loss as long as it is not a gain...