Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  
I wanna get back to this!

S/C/G: 182.4/169.6/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Today is day 1!

I am committed to starting again today - I have 37 lbs to lose - I am looking forward to being stronger this time and also to the support of this forum!

Katie
Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Welcome back Katie I recently came back to WW. I had lost 39 pounds between Jan-June and then I just lost it and gained back 15 pounds. I have recommitted myself to the program and am on my way back down. This time I plan to stay focused and go all the way to goal. Have a great OP day and we WILL reach our weight loss goals

Sheila
Old 10-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #3  

Made it thru day 1 - now on to day 2! Sadly, with me it's a one day at a time thing due to my bingeing - so I have to be proud for each day that goes well.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #4  

Made it thru day 2 (forgive me for posting every day - it's almost like I need to to be accountable for myself). I went to the gym and burned 300 cal on the elliptical, too.

Tomorrow I am doing the Komen 5K walk for breast cancer research so that will be my exercise for the day!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #5  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Way to go! Stick to it, and you'll be at goal!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #6  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Hey Sunflower!

I'm feeling a really GOOD week coming on, starting right NOW! I'll come and post here daily too--let's buddy up this week and see how much difference a little support can make! Looks like you're already doing a smashing job.

Do you know what triggers your binges? For me it's usually letting myself near the fridge later at night. Or if I have a stressful day at work--I get out at 11pm and there are an awful LOT of drive-thrus still open at that hour!

Hey! If you're out there today doing your 5K--I'm going to make my walk today a 5K. I'll match you K fer K!

See ya soon!

Ipa
Old 10-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Way to go Sunflower on completing two days of being OP! Taking it one day at a time is what we need to do in order to reach our goals. Keep up the good work and enjoy the 5K walk.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #8  

Thanks for the support!!

Ipanema, thanks for buddying up with me - I'm on day 3 now and doing AWESOME. Did you do your walk today too? Mine was great - there were almost 7000 people participating so it took us 65 minutes to finish (normally I can do it in about 50 minutes)

I honestly don't know what triggers my binges, because I do it when I'm alone, when my husband is home, during the day, in the evening...

I do find that when I'm busy on the weekends and not at home I'm less likely to binge, but that's not a constant. I wish I had a more clearcut trigger so that I could more easily address it.

Let's keep in touch! Have a great week!

Katie
Old 10-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #9  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Katie,

You BETCHA I got that looong walk in! All my five doggies got a good work out with me. So we're 5K for 5K and goin' strong!

My plan for tomorrow is to put my meals down on paper, pack my meals for work, and get my exercise done ASAP when I get up in the morning.

I just know this is gonna be an awesome week! Let's roll!!!

Ipa
Old 10-09-2006, 05:42 AM   #10  

I'll post here too if y'all don't mind! I know Ipa from the Supporting Each Other thread. I lose control when my daughter loses control, I am a "buddy eater" and when someone else goes down the wrong path, I somehow lose my own reserve.
I need ways to keep to myself with my goals and be able to work this program into my life in such as way that others can't influence me as much.
I'm sad to say that I "allowed" my daughter and husband to convince (didn't take lots of convincing) to have Chinese food last night. I totally blew it for the week now, totally. Weigh in day is tomorrow and I don't have much hope of even .2 loss, it will probably be a 2 pound gain at the rate I've been going.
I need to keep in control ALL the time...
Linda
Old 10-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #11  

I think I'm a "buddy eater" too...it somehow makes it ok if dh eats too. This weekend was a total blow out (I knew yesterday would be.) Today is a new day, and tomorrow is WI, so I will be back to being op!

Katie-If I don't post every day, or even a few times a day, it is way too easy for me to slip up, especially since I am unable right now to go to meetings (1 income, me in school, 2 kids=no $!) I think most of us try to post every day, right?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I try to post every day too so Sunflower, it's okay and I'm with you on the motivation. It keeps me going strong. How's today going? Somewhere, somehow, I decided this time was going to be the time that I get to goal. No matter how long or how tough the slippery slope is. I'm going to pull together EVERYTHING I know and I am going to make it work. It's for me and I deserve it.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #13  

Thanks for the comments & your posts! Today is going to be more of a challenge because we have a 5pm work meeting that is always catered. They choose someone different every month so it's hard to prepare for what to expect. So, I might either try to grab something before the meeting (Jamba Juice is across the street - a typical lunch for me since I do home health and my car is my office!) or I might wait til I get home at 7 or so.

It's raining today so no outside exercise, and getting home at 7 I doubt I'll make the gym - but tomorrow my first patient isn't until 11am so I will probably go to the gym before work.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Sunflower - can you grab an apple, drink a large glass of water? It'll help you get through it. I find the apple helps with the sweets craving and the water helps with a full sensation.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:15 PM   #15  

I am actually home for a short while between my last patient and my meeting so I will have time to grab something at home and then also grab a Jamba Juice before the meeting and use that as my excuse to not eat what they are serving. I will probably have 5 or 6 points left to use when I get home and can easily make something then and not be super hungry since I will have a small snack and then Jamba Juice.
Closed Thread