Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Default Inspirations - Who is yours?

I've joined WW through the years several times. The only people I ever saw that lost a bunch of weight was the leaders.

This time around, this is not the case. We have:

a gentleman in our class who has lost over 110 lbs
a woman in her late 60s or 70s who has lost over 60 lbs
a gentleman weighed in today who was a lifetime member with 59 lbs lost
A woman who is not at goal but has lost 70 lbs (she brought in her pics today and it's hard to believe it's the same woman)
Several others who have lost over 30 lbs and are not young people any more.

I am surrounded by inspiration. They are from every age group and every background and lifestyle. I love my meetings.

Do you have anyone who inspires you?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/203/134

Height: 5' 3"

I would have to say that I'm my own inspiration right now, that is me in 1998. I've always struggled with my weight but I was able to lose 50 lbs. that year, mainly through walking and eating right. I wasn't really strict with my eating but I was walking every day and I was able to burn off a lot of fat and totally reshape my body. When I gain weight I am pear-shaped. I kept the weight off for a few years until I started having gynocological problems in 2001. I had 4 major surgeries in 4 years and with each surgery a little more weight came back on. I was battling anemia from heavy blood loss and the last surgery was a hysterectomy (at age 39). Then 3 uncles died within 2 years. So it's been a year since my surgery and I am just now starting to get back to a regular exercise routine. I KNOW I can do it because I did it before.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275 / 275 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Hi,

I find myself looking for inspiration all the time. I too look for it from the me of three years ago -- pre-marriage, pre-husband and pre-baby. Back then I could shop for myself, cook for only me and exercise whenever I wanted. Now I have more of a timetable. Three years ago I lost 90 lbs in 8 months. I worked so hard. And I will do it again. So I have some great pictures of me back then. I did not reach my goal before it started to creep back on, but I did look pretty good. So I keep one of those pics with me to remind me of how easy it felt then.

I also seek inspiration from lots of other sources. I love to see before and after pictures. The WW magazine stories provide a boost. I love to know that others did the same program and succeeded. It's wonderful to read about. My WW buddy here at work is very encouraging and inspirational. We pick each other up when we have slip-ups and try to keep each other OP. Also, these boards are a great help. I look at them often even if I don't post everyday.

Just keep up the good work and do whatever it takes to get inspiration. And inspire others with your stories. You never know what will help another who is having a bad day.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm not a WW but I cannot resist the opportunity to say that I'm inspired but a lot of folks here at 3FC. Meg, Mel and Ilene .... mm ... mm ...mm ... luv'em
Old 10-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm often inspired by a lot of 3fcers here as well as the profiles of WW success story members.

My personal role models would be Audrey Hepburn for her grace, class and kindness and Sophia Loren for her exotic and voluptuous beauty. They also seem to both posess inner strength and self-confidence.
Closed Thread