Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Aug 14/06

Good morning ladies!

Well I had a nice long weekend--I had Thursday/Friday off and enjoyed it immensely! Thursday morning I met my friend and we went for a nice 5-mile walk along the peninsula. The afternoon was spent at home doing some catch up. Thursday evening I met my GF from Florida and we watched the sunset from the shores of the lake--it was spectacular! We climbed down the steps (124 each way) to get to the shores and I have to say it was worth it. Both of us commented on how we weren't winded after coming back up the steps so that's a good thing! Now if I could get that weight to disappear I'd be great

Friday I did a little shopping and got a great deal on a skirt $8 and it was originally 42! Bought a cute navy blue sweater set that I can wear with it in the Fall so it's something I can get a lot of use from. Saturday I spent most of the day with my girlfriend; we met an old teacher of ours for lunch and had a great time. She left Saturday evening so it's back to a regular schedule.

I'm working on keeping track of my points and keeping my journal accurate. I figure something's gotta give sooner or later!

So how's everyone else?

Pam: I'm not too crazy about the hormone thing going on--I never know when TOM is going to arrive lately. I keep telling myself it's not my age, lol. I just don't want to keep gaining from hormonal changes. That scares me!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Back from San Jose and my cousin's wedding. Fun stuff. Trying to get back on track and get geared up for the middle of the month.

Where did the summer go?

Melissa - great shopping finds and good on ya for the long walk.

I need to cull a bit more in the closet. I have too many unmatching clothes and things just are not hanging together.

How was everyone else's weekend?

lala
Old 08-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #3  

Hi ladies,

I didn't have a long weekend, but it still was a nice one. The temps were in the low 80's with a breeze...just perfect. We didn't have a lot of things that needed to get done so we could just kick back and relax. We took a drive to the Connecticut shore on Sunday, stopped and had dinner of crab legs and corn on the cob...YuMMY!! Now back to work. I can't wait until tomorrow when my admin assistant returns from vacation, things have just been so busy.

Melissa what a great deal on the skirt! I love it when I find buys like that. It was tax free weekend in Massachusetts this past weekend but we didn't have any big purchases to make. Didn't go near the malls which I'm sure were mobbed. What a nice time you had with your friend, sounds like a perfect weekend.

Well ladies, time to get back to the Monday stack. Talk to you later.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, yes, sounds like a good weekend. I too love good deals. I've been into sweater sets lately. They're great because if I'm warm, I take off the cardigan, etc. Good for you for walking.

Pam, mmmm corn on the cob.

lala, was the wedding nice?

The weekend was too short. I had a rehearsal, a political event (good wine), and golf on Saturday. On Sunday, I went to a play and saw my friends in Godspell. It was a great production. WI is tonight; I'm not looking forward to it as I've been eating too many sweets and retaining water bad.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Happy Monday!

We didn't do anything much this weekend. Took care of some much needed household chores - even bathed the dog. Now THAT was necessary! My husband and daughter went to see Barnyard and Lily has been talking about "cow tipping" ever since. LOL!

My 10year wedding anniversary is Wednesday. I have the urge to try on my wedding dress to see if it still fits. I'll let you know if I do.

Lala - glad you made it back! I was thinking about you with the heightened security and all.

Melissa - I need to take you shopping with me!! I could use the help.

Now a quick question. Did any of you find that people treated you differently after you lost the weight?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:58 AM   #6  

Went to WI last night and was so surprised--down 2 pounds. I really wasn't expecting anything as I had been eating more snacks. Then I started thinking and I realized that this weekend I didn't eat that much, but was snacking. That pumps me up for my vacation to North Carolina which starts on Friday.

I've heard people laughing about the cowtipping in that movie, Liz. Try on the wedding gown--that would be fun.

Now to your question--oh, you get all sorts of reactions. Mostly, people were very complimentary (which I loved), but there were also people who were jealous or were saboteurs. They would try to get me to eat the wrong stuff, etc.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #7  

Lala: I really need to go through my closet and get rid of things that I just don't wear, same thing with clothes in my drawers. It's a matter of setting aside the time to do it.

Pam: Crab legs sound wonderful! I love fresh seafood and it'd be great to be near the shore!

Liz: The movie Barnyard sounds like a good one--I like the preview where the cows go in and tip the kid out of bed As far as treating you differently after you lost weight, like Lisa, some were complimentary and others were a little jealous but for the most part it didn't change that much. It was a spur of the moment trip to the store and the skirt had my name written all over it. I was in the right place at the right time kind of thing. Do you have any special plans for your anniversary? Congratulations!!! DH and I will be celebrating 24 years in September...where has the time gone??!

Lisa: Way to go on the loss!!! I'm happy for you! I'm hoping for some sort of a loss this week but one never knows! Last week I thought for sure I would be down because I really buckled down but it didn't happen. Where all are you going in NC? We went to Charlotte a couple of years ago and had fun.

Hi to Austingal, Julie! Hope you're all doing well! The weather here is a gorgeous 72 and no humidity! I love it!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

That movie does sound great. I'll put in on my list with everything else.

Beautifully cool and greyish here today. Nice change from the 80's. Don't laugh too hard Lisa.

Had a run in with a box of patisserie twists last night. What is up with that. Oh well, it was only 10 points or less for the box, but still. They are gone.

Tired here, wedding was great - my cousin got married and he's a cutie. His mom and my uncle were divorced quite a while ago (24 years) and it was not pretty. My mom is still really upset about the whole thing and literally didn't talk to the family for the last 24 years. She summoned up the courage to go the wedding which was at his mom's house and dealt with the mom's extended family. She did really well.

Anyways, he married a lovely girl with a very nice family and we're excited for them. The only bummer was that my cousin who works in London couldn't make it because they cancelled his flight. He gets married next year, so we'll be there.

Anyways, it was small, very lovely and they are on their way to Bali as we speak. Lucky dogs.

Liz - I can't really speak to your question. I was small to begin with and the only person that seems to react to me losing weight is my DP and she hates it or is indifferent so it seems that I have a in house sabateur. I just ignore her.

Well, off to a group meeting. Fun stuff. Not.

Hi to everyone! I wonder if Susan is in Australia?

lala
Old 08-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #9  

Melissa, well, I hope you have a loss, too. We're headed to Sapphire Valley, NC, which is near Cashiers.

lala, I'm glad the wedding was nice. Isn't it terrible how folks hold on to such grudges for all those years (life's too short).

Yes, I believe that Susan is in Australia.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #10  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, all. The past two weeks were crazy, but didn't want to let any more time go by before checking in. Not much time for individual posts, but just let me say ... Liz: congrats on the size 6 shopping experience and have a great time wearing that little black dress on your anniversary - you go girl! Nobody has treated me differently, but I've only lost about 12 lbs so far, so maybe folks just haven't noticed yet?? Pam: yummy to the crab legs and corn - I'm drooling! Lala - also need to clean out my closet - so much old, outdated stuff in there that I never would think of wearing again, even if I do fit back into them some day! DH is the same as your DP - not really wanting me to lose too much more weight, even though I want to get a little closer to my original goal weight before I re-set. Melissa - all that visiting with your GF this weekend sounds like so much fun - I think I am in need of a Girls' Day Out soon. All this back-to-school craziness (including mobbed malls for tax free weekend) has me stressed out and ready for a pedicure! Lisa - sweater sets are just too hot to contemplate right now. The temps have been in the triple-digits for several days; with no let-up in sight this week. I have seriously considered whether it would be appropriate to wear a tank top to work, but decided against it!! Sorry if I left anybody out ... will do better next week!

Have had two very good weigh-ins in a row - lost 1.8 lbs at each of my past two weigh-ins. Looking back at my tracker, I honestly think it might be because I used almost all 35 of my weekly points on a big meal at the beginning of each week, and then was really good about staying OP and exercising the rest of the week. Sounds crazy that "splurging" works, but it seems to be working for me.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Well, when I started all of this my personal goal was to be able to get into my wedding dress on my 10th anniversary. Not to wear it anywhere, but just to be able to do it. I tried it on today.

Drum roll please.....................

IT FIT!!!! Really fit! Zip it up, do up all the buttons and still breathe - fit! I am just over the moon! My husband better watch out tomorrow! LOL!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 AM   #12  

Austingal--woo-hoo on the good WI's. A little bit at a time is what does it. When I was in the loss cycle, I also found that if I had a splurge meal, and was really OP the rest of the week, I did well. It's probably a head thing.

Liz--that is so great. What a wonderful feeling to fit back into that dress. Have a very happy anniversary.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #13  

Liz: Whoohoo!!! WTG!!! Have a great anniversary today!!

Austingal: Congrats on your losses!! Keep up the great work!

I'll be back later to give you an update about my meeting today.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #14  

Liz congratulations that is awesome...you must be thrilled!

Austin Good to hear from you!

Melissa good luck today.

Lisa congrats on your 2lb loss!

I'll be back with more later.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #15  

Well, I'm going on vacation. I'll write in a week or so.
Closed Thread