Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #1  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Default I Did It!

I just got back from my dad's. It was his 64th birthday today and we all went there for supper. There was barbequed pork chops and weiners, Potato salad, Macaroni salad, Coleslaw, Garlic Bread, Fried onions and Mushrooms, potato wedges and of course CAKE!!!!!! Guess what I ate? I had two beef kabobs with approx. 3 ozs of beef, fresh mushrooms, red and orange peppers. I also had a salad with mixed greens, mandarin oranges, strawberries and raisins with a small amount of light raspberry ving. dressing. I also had a pack of 100 calorie oreo cookies for dessert instead of cake. I was so proud of myself.

I really wanted that baked potato but I said no because I had it yesterday and I know if I did I wouldn't have stopped eating. Another Great OP day for me.

Kim
Old 06-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #2  

congrats!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #3  
banned

wtg kim!!!
can i ask a ? though? whats so wrong about 1 potato? i eat the red ones my ww leader said they are the best ffor you.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  

Excellent choices. It can be hard to pass up the foods you are used to eating without thinking.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #5  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Andreaphilip3 there's nothing wrong with one potato but it was everything else that was there. I try to alternate potato one day salad the next. I find personally potato abit heavy on the stomach if I eat it everyday. That's just for me.....

My thing yesterday was I wanted the potato......and the fried mushrooms and onions........and the garlic bread......ALL OF IT!!!!!! I decided to have none of it because I didn't really know what to count. I didn't prepare it and my family isn't into trying to be healthy. The only thing healthy there yesterday was the "TWIN" for my tea after....and that took alot of asking on my part to my mother everytime I went there.

I was pleased with myself. I wasn't hungry afterwards so thats the main point. My son's birthday is coming up the beginning of July so I will treat myself to cake then.

Kim
Old 06-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #6  
banned

ok i get it now
Old 06-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Way to go Nibs!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Potatoes are killer for me too. I used to love eating baked potatoes. Actually the first time I did ww I pretty muched lived off them with salsa on top. Now I try to stay away from excess carbs while dieting.

Did you know that your body metabolizes the starch in pototoes into sugar faster that it processes white sugar. White rice is right up there also.
Closed Thread