Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #1  
And where is the body?

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Question Appetite-killing Rx's and keeping to point range

This might be more appropriate for the "Dieting with Obstacles" forum but I thought I'd ask WWers about this one first.

I was going to meetings in April and using e-Tools but had to stop because of money concerns. The nearest meeting to me was more than 20 miles away. The cost of gas was killing me (and I usually drive my mother's Saturn, which gets high MPG).

I also was having a lot of stressARGH issues and was in a psych unit for a week. I've been on Adderall for a month now (adult ADHD) . I tried following the plan on my own but I couldn't seem to eat all my points. I have more of an appetite in the evening but during the day, I'm almost averse to food. It's very weird for me because all my life I was always hungry (though I used to be always slim until I turned 21). The only other time I was anywhere near this food-averse was when I was on Topamax to control my epilepsy.

I'm going to get back on the horse again and do WW online since it will be a significant savings moneywise for me. I've had people ask me why I'd bother because I lost a significant amount of weight since being started on the meds. Adderall makes me eat less but it's not gonna change bad eating habits ("Pills don't give skills"). Or people wishing they were on something that kills their appetite.

Have any other of you WW folks been on a med or had a condition where appetite was low? How did you deal with it so you could eat enough and get a healthy balanced diet into your tummy? I know this is a personal thing and people have varying comfort levels on this so if people want to PM me, that's fine.
Closed Thread