Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Wink Brand new here...WW lifetime member - intro + looking for grocery lists...

Hello all! I learned about this site from a friend of mine and thought I'd sign up. I'm new here - and so far I love these forums...I'm not new to dieting but I am a constant yo-yo dieter...and I'm sick and tired of it.

Basically I lost about 50 pounds 3 years ago going from 205 down to 155 and since then I've found myself back up to 175. And so, instead of "a new me"...I want to get back to the "OLD ME"...

So I know all the ins and outs of dieting, especially Weight Watchers (that's how I lost and yes, I'm a lifetime member) - but, as I'm sure many of you know and probably struggle with as well, You can know all there is to know about HOW to lose weight, but when it actually comes down to the motivation and NOT eating those unhealthy foods, it's a lot easier said than done...

But that's why I'm here - it seems like everyone here is very supportive and while I feel like I know a lot - I'm sure I could definitely learn more.

I don't go to meetings anymore (I can't afford them and I'm on a tight budget) and I don't have etools anymore either.

Anyways though - I just wanted to introduce myself and also ask all of you - I know what my basic staples are, food wise (which I'll list in a second) - but I'm hoping to get some different ideas from you guys.

Basically right now...I still try to eat low point foods (although I buy "bad" foods at work...pizza, calzones, doughnuts etc...our cafeteria is GREAT...lol) - and I also exercise at LEAST twice a week (i'm in TaeKwonDo) - but I know I need to STOP buying food AT work and go back to bringing foods. I get two 20 minute breaks, one at 9 and one at 11 (i work 6 - 2).

ANYWAYS...I normally eat oatmeal during my first break - but i'm getting burnt out on frozen meals for lunch - (well, when i'm not eating the pizza or calzones from the cafe) although the frozen meals are fast and easy - they're beginning to taste like cardboard...

So again, I'm hoping you guys can give me some ideas that's FILLING (specially looking for protein ideas) and low in points and EASY...

my staples are:
boca burgers
morningstar farms portabella burgers
chicken breasts
tuna
high fiber low fat WW pasta
oatmeal with fruit
Weight Watchers / Lean Cuisine meals
100 calorie packs - baked cheetos, wheat thins, ritz crackers
Hersheys sticks (60 calories each)
90 calorie Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars

---and breakfast consists of: every morning..
1/2 cup egg beaters (microwaved) on a high fiber muffin with 2% cheese & 1 piece of ham lunchmeat (this is a 4 point breakfast)

and that's basically what I buy every time I go shopping...I REALLY need some new CHEAP and FILLING ideas.

thank you all and I'm really excited to join in more on all these great forums.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Protein - lean meats all kinds --- beef, pork, poultry, seafood

Veggies&Fruits - fresh, frozen and canned

Dairy - low fat or fat free

Healthy Oils -- canola, safflower, sunflower, olive and flax seed

Make sure to eat/drink your dairy and use your healthy oils these will help fill you up.

Also get WHOLE GRAIN (not just whole wheat) complex carbs to help keep you full.

The things you mentioned like 100 calorie packs while they are good for cravings temporary are really things that will leave you yearning for more food.

One thing I will mention that as a lifetime member you should only have to pay for 1 meeting a month when you weigh and they should give you updated information that they have. I know this may still be out of your price range but it is a thought.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I like to make a big pot of 2point soup each Sunday and I take it to work with me and a salad. A lot of times I eat a bowl when I get home from work so I'm not starving until dinner time.
I also like to get low-carb bagels and melt a slice of 2% cheese on each side for 3 points. I'll have this for breakfast with some fruit.
I love to make home-made taco salads at home and use low-fat ground beef, low fat sour cream, tomatoes, onion, low fat cheese, and salsa on top. or use the same ingredients and get a low fat shell and make a taco.
Anyway good luck to you.
Try to get your exercise up more too. I usually do some exercise every day and even walk during breaks at work.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #4  

I have found some great high fiber tortillas recently. The garlic herb one is 0 points for 1!!! If you eat 2 they are 2 points. They have like 14 grams of fiber perserving. They come in many flavors. These are great for wraps, I add turkey or chicken for 2 points, a bit of Light Done Right Ranch salad dressing (another staples for me) for 2 points, some zero point veggies like tomatoes and lettuce and you have a super yummy lunch for 4-5 points.

Another salad dressing I use alot is Newman's Own Sesame Ginger. I think it's Lighten Up variety. It's great on chicken, turkey, carrots...not just salad. It's 1 point for 2 tbs.

I eat ALOT of progresso soup when it's on sale. Many varieties are only 2 or 3 points for the entire can.

I eat alot of eggs for breakfast, I usually use two whites and 1 whole egg for 2 points. Often I cook some fresh baby spinach in some chicken stock, and scramble that in with my eggs and a slice of 2% american cheese.

So here's a list of my staples:

98%fat free chicken stock (I cook in this ALOT instead of oils)
Sesame Ginger salad dressing
Light Done Right Ranch
Whole Grain bread
Bagged Baby Spinach (I use this as a filler for many things..toss in some sauted spinch to soups, frozen meals, pasta dishes when cooked in a small amount of stock it's not too bad)
Progresso soups
Whole Grain High fiber Tortillas
Breyer's No Sugar Added Double Churned Icecream. It's not exactly like "real" icecream but at 3 points for a cup for some varieties it's ok.
94% Fat Free Popcorn
Tea (I drink ALOT of decaf tea, iced and hot)
Gatoraide, it's like half the points of pop and gives me that flavor change from just plain water
Special K bars
Frozen Broccoli!!!! I add this to stuff as well just like the spinach
Michelina Lean Gourmet Meals (they go on sale for $1 EACH!!!!)
Fat Free Cool Whip
Salsa
Potatoes (fairly low in points 3 points for a 7 ounce potato and very filling with endless possibilities for cooking and flavor additions)
2% american cheese slices

And of course 0 point veggies, fresh fruit ect.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

thank you and i'll DEFINITELY look for that ginger dressing...i'm ALWAYS looking for newer dressing ideas...

and the high fiber tortillas too - i'll have to look for those...do you know the name brand?

ooh that taco salad sounds good - i've forgotten about that...i used to make one a few years ago but haven't thought of that in a long time, thanks for the reminder!!

definitely some good ideas (and reminders...) - i think my biggest thing is i'm just so burnt out on eating the same things over and over again - and i really wish i could remember what it was that worked when i really started losing the weight a few years ago (which - back then i did everything on e-tools, and again i haven't had e-tools for about a year now...i'm on a VERY tight budget)...

thanks, and hopefully i'll find some more ideas. i've so far found some GREAT recipes on this site. (:
Closed Thread