Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default 12 Week Challenge: Week 8 - Aug 6 - 12

WEEK 8: AMAZING... STUPENDOUS... AWE-INSPIRING...

I know it may seem a bit silly but I'm just so jazzed by our group of Challengettes reaching towards and completing month 2.

Melissa and I were echatting and wondered if this might not be a good week to focus on one thing we truly want for the week / month. Not just a goal, but a REWARD. Want to join us in coming up with something you would love to do/get a week from now... a month from now? And post it? C'mon... just one thing...

This week - my reward for sticking with the challenge for two months - is to find and buy that black pair of jeans I've been mooning over since the beginning.

By the end of our first Challenge... September 9th I hope to be at dream goal (129) and will have to give serious thought to my reward.

August 6 - 12 th
Monday - 19 (bnkd 6 / act 5) (weigh-in 135.4)
Tuesday - 20 (bnkd 5)
Wednesday - 25 (avail: 11 bnk / 5 act)
Thursday - 25 (32 - 7 banked...4 avail bnk / 5 act)
Friday - 22 (bnkd 3+4 avail / act 5)
Saturday - 21 (bnkd 4+7 avil / 5+5 act)
Sunday - 25 (35 - 10 banked pts = 25)

Averaged: 22.4 pts per day

Last edited by patch30; 08-13-2001 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-09-2001, 03:45 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi all-

This is the first week of trying to combine bfl weight training and exercise into the WW winning points for me. I am truly behind in my need to be down at some managable weight before I visit the relatives in october. I haven't seen alot of them in 30 years and they really don't need to see so much of me.

so, I'll figure out my points and post them.

However, I know that I'm the largest I"ve been in a year and this is not good.

so, wait for my edits. I left my journal at work.
Old 08-09-2001, 05:18 PM   #3  

Lala - I really know what you mean. Wanting to be at a certain goal before seeing relatives, has been driving me the past 4 months. But it's interesting, it wasn't until 2 months ago that I got serious. Just in time, since I'm seeing my mother-in-law this Sunday, and the rest of the "family" a week later. Remember, you've got a good couple of months.

What reward / treat would truly keep you focused and determined...just for this week? Not a "should" but a gotta have it.... drooling at the mouth... yearning thang
Old 08-09-2001, 05:51 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi patch,

how about a cartier panthere watch? that would definitely keep me on track, on my sleek little wrist.

sigh.

i'll settle for a size 6 pair of pants and a new white faconnable shirt, a bit more affordable.
Old 08-11-2001, 06:56 PM   #5  

Lala - I'd love the watch... sometime in this lifetime maybe... But the size 6 pants are definitely an impossible dream. I'd be thrilled to settle for a size 8.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:11 AM   #6  

Yippeee!!! I got the black jeans... size 8! My friend and I scooted from store to store Sunday, searching for the "perfect" jeans. I wanted straight leg - narrow leg cut at the bottom (I'm too old for that new flair look and it reminds me of the 70's - yes I'm dating myself. And finally, after nothing at the Gap, Old Navy, French Connection, Urban Outfitters, Deisel, etc. We went to good old Robinson / May and there they were. Calvin Klein - black jeans - there should have been music swelling as we spied them and tried them on. I was initially convinced I'd have to go with size 10 - but they ended up being too big! I'm in heaven.

Even my mother-in-law noticed! And hubby said I looked slick. I felt like a runway model. Well.... I can dream can't I?

Now the trick will be to remain able to wear them.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:21 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Patch!!! It's a great feeling and yes you can remain in them, you've got the motivation.

I'm thinking of looking for some charms (i.e. a star, key) to wear on a chain as a reminder of my goal and lifetime achievement. I'm still trying to figure out a reward/treat for myself.
Old 08-13-2001, 01:52 PM   #8  

Default Back from vacation!

Hello everyone! Well, I am back from vacation and back at work. We went to the mountains for a week and camped and hiked. We hiked over 40 kilometers! No scarcity of exercise on this vacation. We ate healthy and had a few treats. According to my scale at home I have not gained anything which is wonderful news.

I'm looking forward to grocery shopping tonight and stocking up the fridge with veggies, fruit, soy etc. I'm amazed at how much I missed my food and routine!

I start maintenance this week. So, six weeks to go to Lifetime!

Hope everyone is well.....

K
Old 08-13-2001, 07:56 PM   #9  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I continue to do well. This challenge is really helping me. Only 2.3 lbs. to my 10 percent as of last Wednesday. Here are my stats. I'll let you know how I do at the scale Wednesday night

Mon 22
Tue 25
Wed 25
Thu 23
Fri 25
Sat 23
Sun 23

range: 20-25
Old 08-13-2001, 08:19 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Here are my stats, I lost a stupendous .2 lbs, making it only 16 more to goal .

monday: 23 pts
tuesday: 25
wednesday: 24
thursday: 19
friday: 27
saturday: 19
sunday: 23.5

activity pts not counted, exercise: 5 days
each week, gym cardio/weights and dog walks
at least 35 minutes/day

At least I'm accountable for my actions.

lala
Old 08-13-2001, 08:22 PM   #11  
Lifetimer

Any loss is great Lala. Congrats!
Old 08-14-2001, 09:32 AM   #12  

Lala anything in the right direction is worth congratulating yourself. You'll get there.

40 kilometers... wow Kena... you go mountain gal!

Myra - can't wait to see your post tomorrow.

I was hoping to get to a WW meeting yesterday - but the day was too crazy. Hope I can swing by today.
Old 08-14-2001, 09:59 AM   #13  
Lifetimer

I envy your ability to choose meetings. Here in the boonies either you make the meeting or you have to travel 20 to 40 minutes to get to another one. That is one thing I miss about living on Long Island (I grew up there). Just about every town had a WW center. It is over a half hour to a center for me here.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:49 PM   #14  

Default Reward

I forgot to answer the question of the week! A reward I would like to give myself would be to buy a nice dress for our Christmas Party this year. That is six months away and since I have met my goal I know that by Christmas I'll be able to wear something cute and sexy!!! Very exciting thought! I have always dreaded buying something to wear to this yearly event but not this year!

What about everyone else???? Before I started WW, and even during the first couple of months, I always thought my rewards would be food related but now that isn't the case. I like to reward myself with clothes or a treat like funky a new colour of polish for my toes! Funny how things change.

Love the idea of weekly thought-provoking questions! Thanks!

K
Old 08-14-2001, 06:21 PM   #15  

Hey there guys...

Kena - love the idea about the Christmas Dress for long term and fun stuff like nail polish for short term rewards.

Myra - I know how tough it can be not to have a choice of meetings, when I first moved out to LA I went to one meeting and the leader was such a dud, I didn't even try to find another for... 6 years. You're are doing so wonderfully, maybe when you reach goal, you can become a leader in your neighborhood?

Melissa - I love the idea of a charms for reaching goal and lifetime success. Have you found any yet?

OK - Gals... now I'm starting to get nervous, but in a good way... I just came back from the Tuesday WW meeting and found out I lost 3 lbs over the past two weeks. This puts me at 132.4... only 3 lbs away from my dream goal.

I know I've been really driven to get back to goal, that seemed doable, but now that I'm there, I'm throwing up mental roadblocks - regarding reaching my dream weight. I'm wondering if any of you sometimes feel this way - that you won't be able to hold onto this trend, that it'll never last. I'm making myself crazy with "what ifs". And those internal doubting Thomases are just driving me insane... they're saying how can I ever maintain at goal, let alone at my dream weight. Gee reading this back - it sounds like I'm such a wus.

Any advice?
Closed Thread