Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #1  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Paying for Missed Meetings??

My mom is a Lifetime Member of WW and she told me that you have to pay for any meetings you miss. However, I should say that she became a Lifetime Member probably 15 years ago so things probably have changed since then. If you do have to pay for missed meetings, how do they do that? Like if you miss 2 weeks when you go back on the 3rd week do they charge you for the 2 you missed and the current one? I didnt see anything in the literature about paying for missed meetings so this is a complete surprise for me.

I'm thinking about just using the eTools and not going to meetings. I can weigh myself at Curves and I dont get much out of the meetings anyway, but I'd still like to know if this is true.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Yep, it's true. It is how they keep you "honest," and really if everyone only came sporadically, they wouldn't be able to pay the rent on their facilities! WW is a business, you must remember.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #3  

yes. That is a fact, it hasn't changed. And Thinfor5Minutes hit the nail on the head.........It is a business!
Good Luck!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #4  
Linda Lee

Good Morning,
They started a WW at Work and I just joined.....I had to pay for all 12 weeks in advance .....guess they are really going to keep us honest
Old 03-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #5  
banned

youre better off just rejoining... i did that last night. i bought the pre-paid plan and hoping to have most of the weight off by the end of it.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

If your mother is a lifetime member and has her number she will only have to pay for the meetings she attends if she is over her goal (by more than 2 pounds). So if she only goes once a month then she only pays once a month ...nothing for the missed meetings. If she goes every week she pays every week...if she goes every other week she will only pay for 1 week not the missed one.

Normal member unless you are on the Liberty program have to pay for missed meetings.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #7  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Aw shucks! Yeah, it is way cheaper to just rejoin and pay the $15 registration fee than to pay $11/wk for all the weeks you missed. I sure wish they would've told me this to begin with! I am really good at reading all the info and making sure I understand something--I've never been one to look at it for 5 min and think I understand it. That being said, I didnt really anything like this in all the material they gave me! Oh well--cant change it now!

Thanks for the help guys!
Closed Thread