Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Feb. 27/06

Good morning, Lifers!

Another chilly morning here in PA--22 degrees and a few snow flurries. I'm ready for some warmer temps!

I'm still battling this sinus infection and it's taking more time to get out of my system than I'd like! Grrr!

DH and I went out to dinner at a Middle Eastern restaurant Friday evening--it was great! I had "Showki"--artichoke hearts, tomato & shrimp with some rice. It was delicious! The lentil soup was by far one of the best I've had. DH chose to get a dessert and I had a couple of bites--it was warm and sweet. Couldn't tell you what all was in it other than I could taste some coconut (I think), some sort of mild cheese, and pistachio. Didn't do anything major over the weekend.

Susan: How is the condo coming along? Are you getting unpacked?

Pam: Did you get hit with any snow over the weekend? We were supposed to have some on Sunday but it blew by us--we were lucky. This morning we had about an inch but nothing major--just enough that we had to clean the car this morning.

Lala: How's everything out your way? Did you have a good trip?

Lisa: How's everything down South? I know a lot of our students have headed to warmer climates for break...makes me think I should've done the same thing!

Hi to Austingal!!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #2  

Good morning.

Cold here this morning. Still no snow though, and nothing in the forecast as far as I know.

Got a lot done over the weekend, and the condo's in pretty good shape. M came by on Saturday and did a few things for me. We ran out of time, and he volunteered to come back again when he gets back from the west coast. He leaves this Friday and will be gone about two weeks.

I got no exercise over the weekend - at least in the formal sense. My track record has been dismal and I am changing that starting today. There's no excuse - my gym is across the street from my office.

Melissa: Sorry to hear your infection is still hanging on. Your dinner out sounds divine. My sister and I ended up at a seafood restaurant Saturday nite and we both ordered dishes with lobster. M-m-m-m. Wine was good too but it slowed me down yesterday. I was fine until lunchtime but then ran out of steam

I have a busy week ahead of me. Like I said earlier, I want to re-establish my exercise routine. I am heading out of town Wednesday for a business meeting Thursday, then Friday is my regular day off. I can use the extra day because I probably won't get much done around the condo this week.

They are supposed to be coming to install my garage door opener today or tomorrow. That will be a nice addition.

Good news - my weight has been stable at least. Holding steady at 158.5. 20 lbs to go!!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, thanks for starting the thread. The dinner sounds great. Sorry you're having such cold temps. Believe it or not, it's supposed to be in the
40's here tonight. Some of those sinus things take forever to go away.

Susan, you're making progress in the new place. I hope it feels like home. The gym's across the street? No excuses...

I had the busiest weekend. You know how it is, you have weekends with nothing to do and then others where everything is happening. DH and I went to a play on Friday night. It was very good; I had to go because I knew everyone in the cast. On Saturday, DH and I ran a 5K race. I actually got a plaque--3rd in my age group. At my age, the group was small (DH says so what, you got hardware!!) He took first in his age group by the way. Then we had a wedding. Then we helped an friend get settled in her new house. She moved from a 2400 sq. ft house to an 1100 sq. ft. house. She thought she had gotten rid of enough stuff, but it was not enough. I told her to get rid of all that plasticware. You really only need a few essential pieces. She has more end tables than anyone I've ever seen. She'll probably be having a garage sale.

After that we went to a music program; again, friends were in it. On Sunday I had a rehearsal for an Oratorio I'm singing in on 19 March. I had to come to work to rest!!

Hi, lala , Austingal, Velveteen, and Pam.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #4  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hello, Ladies

I'm sending warm thoughts to both Susan and Melissa. It is very sunny and pretty warm (60's) here in Texas.

The headache is finally gone. I may have told you guys that I suffer from menstrual migraines? Nothing like having a debilitating 4-day headache every month. So, my ob/gyn prescribed that I should take three packets of bc pills in a row, without stopping, to cut down on the number of TOM I have each year (no TOM=no headache). Today, I went to my internist, who prescribed Imitrex for the headaches when they do occur. May sound crazy, but I'm actually looking forward to menopause!!

Melissa Sorry to hear about the sinus infection. Hope you are back to normal very soon. While at the Dr. today, I also got a new prescription for a sinus/allergy med I've never taken before. Cedar pollen causes havoc here with those of us that have seasonal allergies. Your weekend dinner sounds yummy. I, on the other hand, ate with great care this weekend b/c I had bloodwork done this morning at the Dr. Hopefully, cholesterol will be in a good range. With my Dad's recent heart attack, I am much more worried about such things. I know that yours is high even though your weight and exercise are good .... I've got my fingers crossed that my bad genes aren't showing up yet...

Susan - sending positive vibes to help you get back on track with exercise. I went to my first WW meeting Saturday in several years. I weighed in at 157.5, so it sounds like you and I are at the same place. I am hoping that going to meetings will be the extra "oomph" I need to make forward progress. Let's get back on track together!! Hope things are going well with the condo. Seems like a new garage door opener will be a treat indeed, given the cold temps right now!

Lala - I miss hearing from you. Hope all is well with you.

Lisa - wow, what a hectic weekend. Congrats on the hardware!! Would love to work up to running a 5K some day.

Hi to Pam, Velveteen, Noble1 and any others I missed.

Have a great week !!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #5  

Lala: Wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a nice one!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #6  

what? it was lala's birthday?

la la la la lala
la la la la lala
la la la la, la la la la
la la la la lala

and many more!!!!!

Susan
Old 02-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #7  

Just a quickie...

DH and I are going out of town for a couple days to attend a Keely Smith concert. I'll be back on Thursday.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #8  

Hey everyone. We're still in a deep freeze here. I went to the gym after work yesterday. Did 30 min on the treadmill before Pilates class. It was a good exercise day.

Lisa: Have a good getaway.

lala: Where are you, birthday girl?

Austingal: Hey - we're WW soul mates. How about a friendly challenge? Let's pick a date - St. Patrick's Day comes to mind - and predict how much we might be able to take off by then. Game? Anyone else up for it?

current weight - 159 (up 1/2 from yesterday)
goal weight for March 17th - 154 lbs
personal goal - 139

Hi Melissa, Pam.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #9  

Still chilly here (22) but at least the sun is making an appearance every now and then!

Austin: I got my results from my bloodwork back yesterday and my cholesterol actually went up 2 points (210) but that's still not that bad. The rest of my levels were really good. I'll talk with the doctor when I go back in April for my BP and thyroid check up. Thanks for the warm thoughts! I've had menstrual migraines although not as debilitating as yours. I'm at least starting to feel better now that I've been taking the provera.

Susan: Good job on working out! I went back to the gym today at noon and feel really good. The sinus infection is dragging out and I'm hoping that by getting back into my exercise routine it'll help it to clear up quicker!

Lisa: Have fun!

Lala: Hope everything is okay!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #10  

I'm back! Had a great couple days away. The concert was really great. Keely Smith is 78 years old and can she sing!! We went with my friend who knows her, so she came over to our table and spoke to us. I got my picture taken with her.

After I got home, I went running on a course that DH and I will race on Saturday. He will run a 10K (6.2 miles) and I will do 2 miles.

When I turned on my PC at work today, I had 73 emails. Unbelievable!! I was only gone two days. I finally got them read and sorted.

I'm off tomorrow, but plan to play some golf. Anyone else have plans?

What I want to know is where is lala?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #11  

Hi Lisa! Glad you had a great time! It's always amazing how quickly the e-mails can accumulate. Even though we have a filter here at work I still get quite a few pieces of junk mail. I think Lala is out of town again but I'm not totally sure. Every so often I pop over to her blog to see what's going on. It is odd that she hasn't posted here in quite a while.

Woke up to freezing rain this morning so we had to scrape the ice off the car in order to get to work. It's been alternating between some freezing rain and snow most of the morning. Supposedly it's going to change over to all snow but they're only forecasting 1-3" of snow for the lakeshore area. Just when you think the snow is gone it shows up again! I'm ready for some warm sunshine!

Pam: Hang on, cuz I'm sure this weather will be heading your way! I hope you don't get the freezing rain.

Susan: How are things with you? It's been cold here, too and I'm hoping for a warm up in the near future. I didn't go to my strength class today because I don't want to over do it and relapse with this sinus infection.

Austingal: The 60's sound really, really good right now!

Well I was down 1# this week and that's amazing since TOM arrived Tuesday evening. I'll take it. Now to work on the other 6# that I've been hanging on to!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #12  

Melissa, congrats on the loss! Hooray. I'm glad your health is making a turn for the better. Sorry about the cold weather again. I hope we didn't offend lala in some way. I have also checked out her blog and it seems like she's been really busy.

Susan, you had a good exercise session there.
Closed Thread