Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:19 AM   #1  
Dede

Default HELP! Back to where I started after 3 weeks??

Ok, I just finished my third week of WW flex. I lost 4 lbs the first week and one the second week. I sneaked a peak at the scale on wednesday and it looked like I had lost 4 more lbs. BUT, when I weighed in yesterday I was back to where I started!!! At first I thought it was b/c of water retention and TOM but I drank gallons yesterday to no avail.

I read in another thread that sometimes in the thrid week your body goes into panic mode. Please tell me this is maybe whats happening. I ahd a really good week too.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:34 AM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

You sneaked a peak? When is your "official" weigh in?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #3  
Dede

I got on the scale on Friday and weighed in yesterday
Old 01-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'8

let me tell ya I just started my fourth week and my third week did not go well at all. I only lost .6lbs and I worked out like a maniac but didn't eat the best. I weighed in on monday and my tom came on tuesday. Now I weighed myself on sunday and was only down a pound from week two so the scale read 198 today i weighed myseld this morning and the scale read 195.5! Don't panic!
I don't know what jappened! I refocused myself, went to the gym and am alloting myself to eat half the activity points I earn because I have been doing 60 minutes of intense cardio. Maybe it is the week 3 myth I personally haven't heard about or maybe it really is water! Just reevaluate your habits refocus and dont worry it will come off just don't give up on yourself...you are worth it! Goodluck and let me know how it goes

PS my tracker was updated yesterday morning based on my home scale not ww scale
Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #5  
Dede

Thanks Hildy...I was so disapointed when i got on that scale b/c i felt like i had such a good week. Im going over my journal now to see if i underestimated or something too...thanks for the encouragement xo
Old 01-25-2006, 09:05 AM   #6  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

sorry if I'm being a putz right now, but did you "officially" then gain weight back?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #7  
Dede

Im sorry...ive confused you: I do WW at home so i dont get officailly weighed in, just my trusty ol'scale at home (that makes me want to throw it out a window)
Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

OK! Now it makes sense!! Sorry for that!!

I have never heard about the third week thing, but that doesn't mean it's not true of course! One thing I can suggest (and I KNOW it's hard, believe me!) is that you really, really, really only weigh once per week, around the same time each week. Peaking can do more harm than good.

I think it's already a great idea to look over your journals and see if there was something that maybe went in the wrong direction OR see if there is simply something you could change? More protein instead of carbs for example? Are you getting all your fruit and veg in? Did you exercise a lot last week?

Whatever you do, don't give up, our bodies also like to keep US guessing instead of the other way around!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #9  

This is so weird that you posted this. I was going to post the same thing. I just finished my 3rd week yesterday and today I am still at the same 6lbs lost as the first weigh in. I was thinking that WW would be able to push me past this weight. I have been fighting with this number for that past year. It is kind of bothering me that it is still looking me in the face. I feel that I am eating much cleaner that I did before WW and I have more energy. I just wonder if my body is at a pleatue right now. I mean is that possbile right after the 3rd week? So dberdine it looks like you and I are in the same boat. Maybe you and I can help each other figure this out. I can use all of the help I can.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #10  
Dede

Well ive been doing a lot of looking around today and it seems there are many theories as to why we are experiencing what we are.
I dont which of them i will chose to beleive but will keep pluggin away as i hope you will as well!

How many point per day are you at? I read one post that said she actualyl had to raise her points and then she started to loose again!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

If it is your TOM the average woman gains 4-7 pounds during it. So you may have actually lost but the 'normal' gain has happened.

Did you start or change your activity/exercise routine -- this too can cause water retention in the muscles as they adjust and repair.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #12  

db I did go away for the weekend and didn't count like I was supposed too but I did not gain. I am wondering if my body is trying to get back into the lose mood. I am doing 22 pts/day. Sometimes I have a hard time getting there and others I swear I reach that number b4 I realize it. I am wondering if it is the sodium that I eat. I don't add lots but I do eat frozen meals (lean cuisen) for lunch at work and I know they are high. My hubby and I love sushi too so there is lite soy suace there. But it isn't like I eat that everyday. And, I make sure that I drink LOTS of water when we do eat that stuff.
Closed Thread