Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 07:18 PM   #1  

Default What food helps you stay on program????

I find there are many good choices out there when we have to have that "something". I guess mine would be flavored packets of instant oatmeal for 2 points. What is yours?????
Old 07-20-2001, 07:46 PM   #2  

Air popped corn (1 pt for lots!) and Slim Fast Taste-like-Butterfinger-I-read-about-them-here bars (3 pt) are two o' my favourites.
Old 07-20-2001, 10:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default Great thread Idea! I am looking forward to seeing all the posts.

It changes for me.

Right now it is oat bran cereal. I have it every morning for breakfast and if I get a really bad case of the munchies.

A trip to the garden is also a great fix. I don't count anything that comes straight out of the garden.

A scoop of ricotta cheese with fresh blueberries. YUM! and really good for you.

A bowl of fresh strawberries with vanilla yogurt.

An apple.

A chef max boca burger a la cart with mustard - straight out of the microwave.

Chop a tomato, a bit of onion and bell pepper (any color), squeeze in a lime, some cumin or cilantro, salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. Add in 1/3 cup black beans. Eat with a spoon - unless you have enough points for chips too, and then you have a feast.

A small baked potato with salsa.

In a really bad case of the munchies - air popped popcorn, with a spritz of olive oil and Johnny's Season Salt.

7 oz tofu stir fried in 1 tsp olive oil (or skip that and just do a nonstick skillet) with an onion and a zuccini - topped with fat free feta and non fat sour cream. If you have the points - sun dried tomatoes are delicoius in this.

My favorite snack when I lost 50 lbs last year was a Peanut Boulder Bar (or just 2 points bar) and a vanilla yogurt. They are really filling and almost like dessert.

Cliff Bars or Boulder Bars used to be an integral part of my diet. Now if I have one I want 2 or 3 more. I had to stop buying them. It is weird how a diet staple can become a danger food.
I bought a box of the butterfinger like slimfast bars and ate all 6 in 2 days. The other ones that just kill me are the Peanut Just 2 Points Bars - I stopped buying them also. They are too tempting.
Old 07-21-2001, 09:46 AM   #4  

I'd have to say 1-2 pt muffins. I bake them every week and keep them in the fridge. In the morning I just grab a couple and they keep me going easily until lunch time!
Old 07-21-2001, 10:53 AM   #5  

The 1 point muffins
Popcorn
FF Pringles
Skinny Cows
Lite bread - because I fool myself my having 2 slices and it only counts for 1 point.
Fruit - not too often as fruit is not one of my favorites
Extra water
Old 07-21-2001, 12:55 PM   #6  

id have to say things high in protein like poultry, eggs, cheese. also salad veggies.
Closed Thread