Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:18 AM   #1  

Unhappy Weight Watcher's Activity & Points Finder Cards

I have been away from WW's for about 2 years due to a thyroid condition which was fouling me up on losing weight. I love the weight watcher's system and I use the activity/point finder cards to this day.

Well, my daughter lost my cards when she threw some things out of a satchel I had which kept some of my WW items. She wanted to use the satchel for an overnight bag. Does anyone know if there is a way to get those activity/point finder cards without having to re-join WW's? I really miss figuring out my points on food & figuring out my points from activities. Any advice would be appreciated. I wondered about e-Bay, too.

Cyl53

Last edited by Cyl53; 12-02-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #2  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

you can find them on ebay but, get ready to pay quite a bit for one. I know at the meeting you could pay the 15.00 to join and get the new up to date weight watcher info and then just not go back and do it on your own and it would probably work out to less than what you would pay on ebay. you ahve to be really careful buying weight watcher products on ebay the dining out guide is 6.00 at the meetings and the grocery guide is 5.00 at the meeting it just may be worth going to one meeting to get what you need to get on track. sorry i cant be more help.
angie
Old 12-02-2005, 02:45 PM   #3  

In our area is is not $15 to join but $30 (and $12 everyweek after) so sometimes ebay is cheaper! I saw 2006 at home kits going for $30, which is WAY more than what you would get in the first meeting. Plus, you don't get the activity slider until week three, so going to just one meeting won't help you there.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #4  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

do you know anyone that attends meetings i know they sell those items seperately there.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #5  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Check your pm's Cyl53
Old 12-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

You can at some sites just got in and purchase the electronic calculator which might be just great for you. Call the 800 number listed in your telephone book or on the W/W official website.

Like stated e-bay is and can be very expensive to purchase them but it is also an option.

You can also check the W/W official website and see what specials they are running. With the new year coming up many will start to run good specials (some free registration, some 1/2 price, etc) and you may be able to get there and get it for a decent and better price than e-bay.

Also this is the official patent formula that is public knowledge:

POINTS = (calories/50) + (fat grams/12) - (fiber grams<capped at 4>/5)

These are unofficial formulas (worked up by a math professor) so I won't vouch for their accurancy but in my experience the are extremely close:

Light Activity (you can talk and sing):
Weight X Minutes X .000232 = Activity Points

Moderate Activity (you can talk but no sing):
Weight X Minutes X .000327 = Activity Points

High Activity (you need deep breaths to talk):
Weight X Minutes X .0008077 = Activity Points
Old 01-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #7  

Default Points Official Formula

Hi! I too have lost my points finder and am trying to use this formula that is listed above

POINTS = (calories/50) + (fat grams/12) - (fiber grams<capped at 4>/5). You said that this is the official formula, yes?

Thanks so much!

Here's to a healthy and ~~quick~~ weight loss in '06!

Punkin
Old 01-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #8  

Ebay is way over priced for WW items! More so at this time of the year! Also, many people sell older items and claim that they are the new updated ones. I was told that you can go to a local meeting and just buy some things from the meetings. I don't think you have to become a member for that. There is free registration right now though! And they charge $11.00 a week in my area. Or you can go online and join... it is roughly $16.95 a month. I love the online tools. It makes it a lot easier to do everything! But if you join you can also buy WW products right there on the site. Hope that helps.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #9  

Thanks! I like your site! Best of luck in your journey! And congrats on quitting smoking ~ that's a battle that I overcame 4 years ago.

Punkin
Old 01-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindoodle
Thanks! I like your site! Best of luck in your journey! And congrats on quitting smoking ~ that's a battle that I overcame 4 years ago.

Punkin
Thanks! Much luck to you on your journey as well.
Closed Thread