3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Valentine's Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/71010-valentines-day-challenge.html)

Jaaaacki21 12-28-2005 08:31 PM

Valentine's Day Challenge

I havent seen one..has someone already started a Valentine's Day Challenge?

I put up a ticker because I want to be involved. Maybe I'm just blind and missed the thread!:dizzy:

cryket34 12-29-2005 07:59 AM

I would like to join the Valentines Challenge too~ I would like to lose 5 pounds by than

mom2allgirls 12-29-2005 02:28 PM

I had already set up a challenge for myself for heart day so I will officially join yours :D 10 lbs by Feb 14. :carrot:

osborn 12-29-2005 02:31 PM

Challenge

I have decided to lose 10 by Valentines Day - so here is to support:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I am keeping busy with the kids and my job - so there is some times NO time to cook a healthly meal - so I keep Smart Ones in the freezer at all time for this times.

Jaaaacki21 12-29-2005 03:21 PM

Welcome to the challenge ladies.

Aren't smart ones great when your in a bind?? I take them to work when I don't feel like cooking a whole meal for myself.

Lets lose those pounds by V-day so we can buy ourselves something special to wear on the big night. That's my plan anyways.

bigshaker 12-30-2005 12:43 PM

Hello Ladies!

My name is Nicole. I'm new to the boards and have set a personal goal of 12 pounds by Valentines Day. Can I join the group for support? I started Weight Watchers on my own at home the other day. I would love to start back to the meetings but cant do so right now due to money. I'm hoping this website will give me the encouragement I seem to lack after I start losing. Everyone seems so nice and supportive.

Good luck ladies. :)

Jaaaacki21 12-30-2005 07:14 PM

bigshaker: Welcome to the site!!

I just decided that I NEED the meetings or I can't stay on track. I would love to skip them and save the cash but I just can't go it alone.

Good for you for following it on your own...well with us!!

To everyone else: What days do you weigh in??

I'm planning on weighing in on Mondays. So I will post my progress or lack of on this Monday. I haven't really been following the program, well Ok, I've been totally eating junk the past 2 days. I'm gonna start the new year off with WW and start my challenge Monday.

huntersmommy 12-31-2005 07:18 AM

i'll join this one to :) i have 15 set for ground hog day so we'll say 17lbs for valentines day :)
angie

wvmom 01-01-2006 06:38 PM

I am starting WW again in the morning at 10AM -I would like to join this challenge as well - 10 lbs by Feb 14. (That sounds a lot better than everything I need to lose....) As soon as I weigh in I will update with a ticker!

WVmom

brkcx 01-02-2006 06:26 AM

I'm In!!

Count me in. My goal is 12 pounds by Valentine's Day! I'll be weighing in on Mondays. :) Good luck to everyone!!

Brooke

imabriton 01-02-2006 09:34 AM

Monday weigh in

221 down 3lbs yeah:carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...5/150/221/.png

Jaaaacki21 01-02-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imabriton
221 down 3lbs yeah:carrot:

]

Yay, great job. I think I'm down .5

Hildy 01-02-2006 11:05 AM

Hi I am going to my first official weight watchers meeting ever tonight!
I have been trying to follow south beach but it is too restricting and my DH isn't interested in following it! I need his support especially on trips to the grocery store so together we are going to follow weight watchers. I love this site is so great and free and everyone should know about it!
So here is to my vday challenge!
:o

Freedom&Light 01-02-2006 06:52 PM

Yay Hildy! How was the meeting?

I think I'm going to join in on the V-Day challenge. I'd like to finally hit my first 10% by then- lose 17 pounds. :)

cryket34 01-02-2006 06:58 PM

Just wanted to say I went to weigh in tonight~ I lost 1/2 pound so my total is now 14 lbs lost.

I want to wish everyone good luck

Freedom&Light 01-02-2006 07:19 PM

:bravo:

luckyduck 01-03-2006 12:32 AM

Count me in, i'm planning on being down 10 pounds by the 14th, for my three year anniversery with the boy. GO US!

Hildy 01-03-2006 10:01 AM

my first meeting was great and I think I have got my husband off to a great start! It wasn't easy though he has a huge appetite and I had to convince hm that what he was going to eat would fill him up! I really enjoyed the meeting and got updated tools. Can't beat the free registration! well good luck on your challenges we can do it!

bbbabe 01-03-2006 10:51 AM

Hi I am new here. I started WW this morning. Can I join you guys in this challenge? I would like to lose 10lbs by then.

Jaaaacki21 01-03-2006 01:01 PM

I'm so glad we have a lot of people in the challenge. Welcome everyone and heres to us all meeting our goals.:cheer:

Den@ 01-03-2006 02:04 PM

I'd like to join the Valentine's Day Challenge. I'll shoot for 5 lbs. since I'm a slow loser. I already did 1/2 an hour of exercise this morning and hope to do another 1/2 hour later on today. Good luck, everyone.
Dena

Jaaaacki21 01-03-2006 06:37 PM

I still haven't gone back to WW for an official weigh in. I'm shooting for early Friday morning.

How did everyone do today with their points?

I bought some WW cakes and could eat the whole box. I love them.

osborn 01-03-2006 06:48 PM

-1.4 at todays meeting - made me feel pretty good since I wasn't "sparkling good" on New years Eve. Now I am going to exercise!!

huntersmommy 01-04-2006 07:37 AM

okay i'm ready to go girls how is everyone doing. lost 1 pound 4 oz this past week next weigh in is tuesday. gotta drink that water and keep moving and stay on plan. we can do this girls :)

mom2allgirls 01-04-2006 10:50 AM

I am down 1.5 :carrot:

bbbabe 01-04-2006 11:02 AM

:hug: yeah for the weight loose!

i dont weigh in until Monday.

I stayed on points yesterday. I also did the Jillian Michaels frontside DVD. It was hard.

I bought the lemon cakes from ww, they are only 1pt each i admit i had 2 of them plus fat free hot chocolate which is fine but my question is dont I need to stop that snacking? I mean is eating 2 ww cakes the same as eating 2 reg twinkies, not calorie wise but emotionally, I cant explain what I mean. :?:

bbbabe 01-04-2006 11:03 AM

duh weight lost! not loose, that how i want my pants to feel lol

Jaaaacki21 01-04-2006 02:31 PM

bbbabe~I too am a WW cake lover. I could eat a whole box a day. I suppose it is the same as eating twinkies but you know that these are much better for you and a great substitute. So I would say as long as you are staying on track with points, eating your veggies, drinking water, etc. then a treat once a day is OK. JMO.

Den@ 01-04-2006 02:35 PM

This is Day 2 of week 1. So far so good. I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Feeling pretty good right now. Congratulations to all the losers this week.

bbbabe, I know what you mean about whether or not to snack. For me, it's better if I snack on veggies. Even 1 pt. cakes can lead to 2 pts, then to 3 pts. Next thing you know the whole box is gone and no ponts for dinner.LOL
Dena

osborn 01-04-2006 02:40 PM

Just dont get down and keep the momentum. If you fall or even slide off the wagon - dont dwell on it - jump right back on.
I am also a WW cake lover - the lemon ones are awesome. I keep them handy when I want something sweet or just need an evening snack.
We can do this

bbbabe 01-04-2006 02:50 PM

Thats what i had last night 2 lemon ones! they are so good. Plus for me i was so excited to be able to buy those and the chocolate muffins due to peanut allergies i dont buy anything that says may conatin peanuts or nuts.

vegasgyrl 01-04-2006 03:58 PM

Valentine's Day

I am setting a goal for myself for V-Day!!!!! :hug: 12lbs!!!!! Im going to keep it low dont want to set myself up for a disappointment. :mad: I just started back to ww. I lost 34lbs last year, :gift: so I know its doable. So its time to kick it into high gear, I will make goal by this time next year. :carrot:

klmzam1939 01-04-2006 09:44 PM

I am new here and started ww at home on Monday. I am so excited to find a place to participate since the meetings nearby are no longer in session. I will be trying to do this on my own. I know that I can. WW has been successful for me in the past. I am setting a goal of 15lbs. by Valentine's Day. Thanks!

angel-eyes 01-05-2006 11:39 AM

Hi everyone!!! I'm sure I was in on this challenge but with company arriving for Christmas,.....I never got a chance to post. So the car just pulled away with my inlaws.....SO I'M BACK!!!! geez, I really missed popping in on this site. It was my daily fix...LOL. Those ww's cakes are awesome, my fave is the carrot cake!! yum yum. I can't have them as a staple in my pantry though, just can't have one! How is everyone's day going? I'm hoping to hit the gym after the whirlwind cleanup job and mega laundry today. Company is great, but nothing is as great as having your house back to normal.

Hildy 01-05-2006 11:47 AM

Hi girls can't wait to weigh in on monday I have been doing very good and have worked out ever day! my sweat pants fell off of me the other day WooWoo Here I come pretty dress!

cwfulcher 01-05-2006 12:15 PM

I would love to join this challenge - I am fairly new here, but I will set my goal at 6 pounds for now. I would love to lose more, but I am pretty sure this is a reasonable goal for me to shoot for. I do weight watchers on my own (would love to join but we are straining with finances right now so it isn't doable) and weigh in on Wednesday. Currently I am focusing on exercise and watching portion size.

Good luck everyone!

bbbabe 01-05-2006 02:53 PM

hildy yeah for the pants falling down

did anyone see biggest loser last night? the one mother weighed the same as me 197 lbs and look at her now a mere 5 months later! wow.

Jaaaacki21 01-05-2006 03:50 PM

Yay Hildy!!

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning but don't think the scale will be in my favor. I'm a daily scale stepper and its been going up all week. I've stayed in my points, drank tons of water, but it won't come back down. It was lower on Monday than today. I can't understand it.

Jaaaacki21 01-05-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbabe
hildy yeah for the pants falling down

did anyone see biggest loser last night? the one mother weighed the same as me 197 lbs and look at her now a mere 5 months later! wow.

I saw it but I can't believe how much they lost. Its crazy. I would love to know exactly what they eat and how they exercise daily. I know I am no where near as diligent as those people.

Den@ 01-05-2006 04:21 PM

What does everyone else do for exercise and activity points? I need to hit the treadmill today and been putting it off. It helps to know other people exercise, too. OK, I better get going. Enough procrastination.

I missed the ending to Big Fat Loser. Which family won?
Dena