Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:17 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of March 13/06

Good afternoon! It's quite balmy here today--65 degrees and raining. We've had some t'storms and heavy downpours. It should clear out the salt that has accumulated on the roads. The downside is that cold weather is just around the corner--the temps are supposed to drop tonight and snow will move in and we might even get 1-3" by morning! Typical weather for this time of year unfortunately. My crocuses were blooming over the weekend and it was so nice to see the bright yellow and purple. My daffodils are up and I can see the buds forming. I love Spring!!

On the eating front it's been ugly the past 2 days--I can really tell when I don't get my protein in. My eating is terrible and I don't feel satisfied. Not a good combination. I did write everything down in my journal (I promised myself I would keep track this week) even the bad stuff!

Lala: Are you back from your travels? We miss you here!

Susan: How's the running coming along?

Lisa: I talked to my GF on Saturday evening and she said the weather has been really nice there. Glad someone is enjoying some nice weather!

Pam: Hang onto your hat--the winds, rain, and cold weather are on their way! It always amazes me how quickly the weather turns here.

Austingal: I saw on the news a couple of nights ago about how Texas has not had that much rain and I thought of you. Hope all is well with you!

So how was everyone's weekend? I did get things done around the house that I had been putting off and I did make a trip to the store to load up on more produce so I'm set in that area. Have a great evening everyone!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #2  

Hi Melissa it's sunny and warm today but the cold is on its way back tonight. Yesterday's weather was very strange. It was warm and overcast with terrible wind and thunderstorms during the evening.

The weekend was very nice. Temps were in the high 50's on Saturday so I was able to get a little yardwork in. Nothing is blooming yet, but hopefully it will be soon! My back and neck got a little sore so I spent part of the evening in the hot tub. It helped quite a bit.
I also stopped by to visit my sister who is doing very well.

Other than that not too much going on. Pulled out some spring clothes and realized I still have some weight to lose if I want the things I have to fit properly. I managed to lose 3 1/2 lbs during the winter meltdown at work, but I still would like to take off another 5 or 6.

Hi to Lisa, Lala, Austin, Susan and anyone else who reads these posts.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, sorry your weather is turning bad again. It's been warm here, but we're getting a cool down (70's) tomorrow. I always enjoyed Spring, too. I loved seeing the flowers come up. I'm with you on the eating front--I had WI yesterday and was up 3#. Not pretty. I've been retaining water lately, too.

Pam, Congrats for the weight loss. I could stand to lose about 5 pounds. I'm glad your sister is doing better.

This past weekend I went shopping with my GF and we had a really good time; found some great deals. I had rehearsal on Sunday for the Mendelssohn I'm in this coming Sunday. I have a short solo in it.

Last night I met with one of the members of my music group--we're planning our season. We have a concert on 3/24 and we needed a new program.

Hello to Susan, Austingal, lala
Old 03-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  

It sure is quiet around here lately! I've been checking Lala's blog and it appears she's been traveling a lot lately!

Pam: Our weather was equally strange on Monday evening--strong t'storms, high winds, and then cold. Luckily we didn't get the snow they were forecasting. I, too, started to pull out some Spring sweaters--I'm tired of winter clothes.

Lisa: It's still cold here but at least the sun is shining today. I really need to work on the snacking/mindless eating. I don't know what comes over me in the evening but it's like, "oh one won't hurt"...but it does because 1 of this and 1 of that can really rack of the points at the end of the evening!

On a good note, I went to have my BP checked at our health center this morning and it's dropped 10 points on both the upper and lower number (116/80) so I'm really happy about that. The new BP meds must be doing their job! I went to the meeting yesterday and was up .4 but I'm not really surprised/upset over it.

Hi to Austingal, Susan, Lala, and anyone else who is lurking!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #5  

Hi ladies,

Hope you're all having a nice day. I'm happy because today is my Friday . I really could use a nice long weekend. The weather here is soso, sunny but cold. We'll be going to Boston this weekend and having dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (Legal Seafood) on Saturday night. Hope I can at lease make some good choices. DS will be coming home on Monday for a week, he decided to stay home for spring break which makes me happy. Other than that, not much else to report.

Melissa I agree it has been quiet here lately. I also read Lala's blog yesterday and I think she was is Boston this week. That was a good blood pressure reading, the meds are doing their job. We have a nurse in the office who does blood pressure readings for us each Wednesday. I usually stop by and have mine taken and it's usually pretty consistent from week to week except for when it's TOM time then it shoots up a little. Hope there's no snow in the forecast for you today.

Lisa Temps in the 70's sound perfect to me! Are you and DH planning any golf this weekend? I think I'm going to be purchasing new golf clubs soon. Enjoy the concert this Sunday.

Well ladies I've finished my lunch and my co-workers have given me a birthday cake that their waiting for me to cut. Yup, 44 today or as one of my friends said the 20th aniversary of my 24th birthday. Have a good weekend. Talk to you on Monday.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, I can't believe the tornadoes and bad storms in the MidWest and up your way. You must be ready for spring for sure. I know that the snacking just gets me in trouble, too. I'm glad your BP has improved

Pam, Oooh, Legal Seafood, one of my favs, too. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you... You're still a spring chicken compared to me! Yes, DH and I are playing golf tomorrow--it should be beautiful.

This is also my Friday. I have a concert on Sunday and we're going to a variety show on Saturday night. Oh, I have a massage tomorrow morning; that will be great. I need it so bad as I'm assigned to 2 proposal teams!!

Hello to lala, Austingal, Susan, Velveteen, et al
Old 03-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #7  

Pam: Have a Happy Birthday!!! Mine is in June so I'm right behind ya!

Unfortunately, today is not "Friday" for me but at least the sun is shining and I did go to the Wellness Center today and took the strength training class. I think my sinuses are still acting up a little because I got a little dizzy in the class and had to leave for a couple minutes.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:49 AM   #8  

Hi everyone. I'm only in the office for a few moments. Wanted to post that I have reached the goal I set for today - 154 lbs! Am feeling pretty good about that. Need to set another one for Easter. I'm thinking another 5 which will bring me into the 140s!!!!

Susan
Closed Thread