Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 AM   #1  

Unhappy When no one notices....

Maybe I'm just getting upset for nothing, but recently I've went from a size 10/12 to a size 5/6, and wearing Large and XL, to wearing smalls, but no one notices at all. I'm almost down to a size 4. I've dropped 25.5 ibs in 8 weeks which is 3 ibs a week, which is over the healty rate.

Tonight at work my boss said to me how if I wanted to START losing weight I have to cut out fast food, and all you have to do is eat better, and when I tried to say how so far its been working he kept protesting with how I have to change what I'm doing, and how he's going to lend me that supersize movie and how I have to cut this and that out (things I dont even eat).The rest of the staff was at the table and they all seemed to agree with him. No one said anything like ow shes lost weight or anything. It was embarrassing.

Then we did our secret santas and I got a bubble vest I wanted in a size medium which is what I wanted, and someone else there said how ow she got you a medium with a funny face. Then she said before you take the tags off make sure it fits since it's a medium, so I put it on, then she was like well can you zip it up, which it did fine. Then she looked surprised I got it on and was like ok.

I've shown a lot of friends pics as well and they all say they cant see any difference at all, I just feel like why did I go through it all if it doesnt show at all. I thought I was almost done and most people think I am faling at the diet or that I've already quit. When I tell them what I've lost they all make a funny like no you havent face, and say like ow ok.

I wouldnt mind if it was like no one noticed but if they were saying ow you dont need to lose anything, but its like they all think I do, and keep trying to "fix" what I am doing to lose it, even though it isnt broken.

I just dont know....
Old 12-20-2005, 06:09 AM   #2  

BriarcliffAngel...
Good For you on a job well done!!!!!!! I am sure you look awesome!!!!!

People.............go figure!!

And as far as 'why did you go through all of it' BECAUSE you are worth it, and you did it for you!! Don't let 'them' put you on a set back.

So which WW program are you working???

Again CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:24 AM   #3  

Red face

Hi

Thanks

feeling better now, guess I just needed to blow steam, and the Christmas Party wasnt the place.

I am sorta doing it on my own, I guess its just the points one from a few years ago, I dont know anything about core or flex.

Which do you do?

Chrissy

BTW - www.myspace.com/purplechic theres a pic there.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:51 AM   #4  

I viewed your pics on myspace are both pictures "after" pics? If so maybe your friends are jealous and don't want to give you more credit than you deserve. I recently experienced that with my writer's group. After not seeing them for a few months and 40 lbs later they didn't seem to want to make a big fuss about it...I guess they wouldn't because others want to lose weight as well. But maybe they noticed a difference but not a big difference since I'm not at my goal yet. If they are not jealous and your weightloss would have looked dramatically different on you then they proabaly would have made a big fuss. At the same time you seem to still be doing some of the things you used to do when you were heavier like eat fastfood and if you complained about your weight to your friends before you lost the weight they are perhaps associtating your past actions with your current actions and are blind to the change. If you ate more healthier foods around them they would probably notice a change in your dieting behavior and will therefore acknowledge your weightloss...but until then I'd say keep up the good work do more toning with free weights and pilates and definitely add some cardio and choose healthier foods....and by the way you are gorgeous!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #5  

Can't understand it. But, a co-worker of mine has went from a size 12 to 4 and if I didn't know it was fact, I'd say she was lieing. People are made so different, sometimes it's not as easy to tell.

When I had lost 65# someone commented on my pregancy! I quickly informed her I WAS NOT PREGNANT! DH got a good laugh from that one. Ouch.

Just keep up the good work and feel good about yourself no matter what others say or don't say!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:06 AM   #6  
I choose

No offense whatsoever, but short women with large breasts are at a real disadvantage in the area of weight loss. A big rack often makes women look all-over heavier anyway, and on a short frame that's magnified. So a size 4 on you will look much bigger than a size 4 on someone who's a few inches taller. To make a noticeable difference, I think you'd probably have to get down to something close to a size 0, which may not be realistic or even healthy depending on your body type.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/226/150

Height: 5'2''

I have lost 72lbs in just under a year. I have noticed a difference in my clothing sizes of course, and in how I feel...but no one else seems to notice. At first this bothered me and then I thought it must have been because it was done gradually so they of course didnt notice like someone would with a drastic weight loss. And you know what? It does not matter that they dont notice, I didnt do it for them anyways, I did it for me.
Maybe you can change your mind set to this? You did it for you and that is all that matters.
Congratulations on your success and future successes.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #8  
Eat well, Live well

It took losing 25 pounds for people to start saying to me...hmmm...have you been losing weight? People who see me almost every day don't say a thing, probably because they see me every day and get used to it. People who haven't seen me for a year are more likely to say "WOW! What happened to you?"

IMHO, anybody who is commenting on your weight is such a disparaging way as you describe is completely out of line. It is so completely and totally inappropriate for a boss to say ANYTHING about what your body looks like, especially if it's a man. IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE!?!?!?! WHAT A JERK!!!! Don't even respond to him when he makes such comments.

You have lost weight for YOU, not anyone else! Just focus on how great you think you look, how great you feel to not be carrying the extra pounds around, and how fun it is to buy clothes in smaller sizes. So party on, girl!!! You look great!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I can't agree more with what everyone has already said. This is a healthy decision you made for you.

But I like the attention I get when I lose. Can't you say something like, "well, although I lost XXX pounds, I guess none of it came from the good ol chest" or something to that effect. Luckily, people started to notice on me and I am a big mouth so I made sure people knew when I lost 5 pounds!

I am proud of you!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #10  
Exercise Queen

I went and looked at your my space pic, and I have to agree that it is your bust line that is probably deceiving people about your size. Your waist is small, but clothes will look larger on you because of your chest size. The people at your work sound RUDE though. Your weight loss is paying off for you, try to blow off those who don't notice or who make negative comments. Hard to do I know!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #11  
I choose

Quote:
Can't you say something like, "well, although I lost XXX pounds, I guess none of it came from the good ol chest" or something to that effect.
LOL...speaking as someone who's perpetually jealous of women with actual feminine curves, I have to admit that's an awesome comeback.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Suprisingly, I've lost 50+ now and NONE OF IT FROM THE B00BS!

It stinks! I'll look like Dolly Parton by the time I am done losing!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #13  
I choose

Jenn - funny how that works. What little chest I had was gone within the first twenty pounds of weight loss.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

BriarcliffAngel......That is a remarkable weight loss and don't let any one take that away from you. I think that it is totally inappropriate for your boss to take it upon himself to offer any type of suggestion for you to do. It is none of his business!!! GREAT JOB!!! I think that you just keep doing what you are doing.....as it is obviously working!!! My comment about the vest would have been......oh thank god, I thought it might have been too big with all the weight I've lost!!! hehe
Old 12-20-2005, 06:01 PM   #15  

Red face

Hi

Thanks all The funny thing is I have changed my eating around them, what sparked the whole thing was I said this chicken parm is good, I havent had it in a while (not cause of the diet though, I didnt eat it months before that). Then another girl said your going off the diet tonight right, and I said I'm not going to hold as much to it, but I'm not going to go like way over either, she said good then he started in. I used to eat candy there and drink hot choclate and soda, I cut it all out, and have been drinking water or tea now. Several times another girl asked me point values for things so its deff known in the office I'm following it.

It's funny you all think I'm large chested, I've always been told quite the opposite, and thought I wasnt. My friend always said how she wishes she was smaller like me, I asked her what size bra she wears and found out we were the same. She was totally shocked.

The pic in the blue shirt on myspace was the before, the purple shirt the after, I cant even wear that shirt anymore, way too loose, and the shorts which you cant see any tug on them bring them down so I cant wear those either.
Closed Thread