3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Wendie Plan Followers Come Join Me! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/67090-wendie-plan-followers-come-join-me.html)

sunshinedaizy 12-13-2005 09:32 PM

Good evening everyone! How is everyone?

I lost 1 pound this week. and .675 inches.
Better then nothing. I know I can do better then this though. I have to figure something out. I think I need to rethink my food.

Anyways...It is cold here. It is 1.9 degrees now and the low for tonight is -2 degrees. I hat this cold. It goes right through my bones.

I am going to go. I am trying to watch House and checking in. Talk to you all later.

stagemomx3 12-14-2005 09:11 AM

Wendy- Congrats on the 1 pound loss!

My weigh in is tomorrow. I'm a little nervouse because I don't think I'm going to make my Christmas goal, I'd have to lose 4 pounds a week, it was an ambitious goal, but I do want to at least keep seeing the scale go down. I'm afraid that if it doesn't I will get discouraged and sabotage myself. NO! I will not do that.

Rehearsal didn't get over until 10:45, which put us home at around 11:30pm, so I'm a little groggy. Tonight and tomorrow should not be as late, since we will start getting through the show faster. All of our performances are sold out!!!!

Today is a whole staff breakfast potluck, and our department is having it's own lunch potluck. I'm going to totally avoid the staff room, to keep myself away from the breakfast treats, and I'm packing my own lunch still.

Have a fit and fabulous op day everyone!

MRSKMS 12-14-2005 05:57 PM

Well finally going down the scale once more!!!

i have to laugh (just in jest) at the interpretation of cold!!

We had a 3 day blast of winter as we usually have it and were -24 to -27 cel. last week. We are back to better weather now

Cindy

stagemomx3 12-15-2005 09:45 AM

Good Morning! I'm down 1 pound this week, and since it is TOM I'll definetly take what I can get! Also that 1 pound moves me out of the obese category and into the merely overweight. Hurray! I think the Wendie plan really gives me the flexibility I need to maintain my focus!

sunshinedaizy 12-15-2005 02:15 PM

Michelle, Dont be so concerned about not making your goal But do consider what your have done. YOu have lost 15 lbs (by your ticker) That is great! you have to applaude that! We all loose as different levels and some are quicker then others. I started out loosing 2-3 lbs a week but now it is usually only about 1 lb a week. while I know a loss is a loss, it is disappointing. But then I think that 1 lb added to what I have already done...35 lbs is great! Just keep plugging away! You will make it!

Cindy you are correct. Everyones perception of cold or heat is so different. I would never be able to handle your tempertures. I have a hard time with 20 and 30 degrees F. I worked and live in a controled enviroment. Being a Hairdresser, I have to keep my shop at 75-78 degrees winter and summer. And I try to keep my home the same. I have done this for 19 years. So I just can not handle the cold and the heat.

Well I am off. I have to warm up dinner. I made some homemade Chicken Soup last night and it is cold again today so I wll just warm that up in the crockpot and let everyone eat as they get home. The noodles are cooked for those who want them.

Talk to you later!

sunshinedaizy 12-16-2005 01:00 PM

how is everyone doing? How is your Holiday shaping up?

Mine is slowly shaping up. I have yet to buy even 1 gift. (actually I bought a video tape for my 3 year old but I dont think it will be here in time, So I am not counting that) I planned on shopping this week but A car repair had to come first. IT sucks I know but it had to be done. We only have 1 car on the road right now because my inspection was due and my insurance was due while I was recovering from my surgery so I just cancelled everything and took it off the road. Besides I needed tires for the winter and could not buy them either. So needless to say... We have to keep our van running in tiptop condition.

Well I have to go. Stay on plan! Have a great day!

stagemomx3 12-17-2005 11:09 AM

Good Morning! Opening night of Beauty and the Beast went ok, now to just get through the three shows today. We don't really have time between shows to leave so there will be food between the noon and three show from the theater, and I think DH is going to bring dinner up to us between the 3 & 7 show.

I've got to get some cleaning and laundry done this am before we head to the theater.

I will be doing my shopping next Wednesday and Thursday. I don't have any time until then.

newfs4me 12-18-2005 01:27 PM

Hello all! Hope you are all having great holidays. I've got just 3 more school days before my holiday officially begins--yesssss!
Looks like everyone is doing well on the weight loss front. We're all still losing. That's nice to see.
Cindy, way to go on making that scale move again.
Well, today was weigh-in and I've lost another 1.5 lb, bringing me to a total of 7.5 lb. Pretty soon I'll get another carrot. I'm kind of worried, however, because I've been getting shin splints again from working out. I think I'll get a new pair of shoes soon. Hopefully, new shoes and stretching will help alleviate the problem. It's just so frustrating for me to get on the treadmill and have the energy to complete a workout, only to find that my shins are screaming for mercy after ten minutes. :mad:
Have a happy holiday everyone!
:hug: ,
Faith

angel-eyes 12-19-2005 04:28 PM

Good job Newfs4me. You're doing awesome, and only another 3 days until your break!! woohooo I used to get shin splints also. STRETCHING before and after definitely helps!!!

I took ds to Burger king for lunch today and really enjoyed their grilled chicken salad. Had to read the lite dressing pak though....almost half calories/fat was from it. 120 calories for salad dressing!!! I used about 1/3 of the pack.

I should have weighed in this morning, but the darn scale kept giving me about 5 different readings all varying from -.5to+3.5 pounds. ITS DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!! So I'm choosing tommorow as my weigh in. Can't see that it makes any sense just to pick a number when it was going CRAZY each time I stepped on it !!!

googlegirl 12-28-2005 03:30 PM

Hi girls,

I am a new Wendie planner. Like others I have stalled out at weight loss, although for somewhat different reasons. I had been overeating for a year at least, and gained a number of pounds. I'm not any heavier than I was when I last succeeded at WW, but no matter what I've been doing I can't seem to get below 150. I just keep playing with the same 3 pounds or so, even though I am staying within points.

This last week I tried the Wendie plan (which is virtually identical to what I was doing when I started with the whole points program about 7 or 8 years ago), and I've been so excited about it that I decided to weigh in 1 day early. Guess what--I gained.

I have truly followed WW and Wendie, going over or under a point on some days, but it all works out in the end. I have eaten a variety of foods, stuck pretty closely to the guidelines for healthy living, etc., exercised, you name it.

So what's up?

snapplegirl69 12-28-2005 09:25 PM

DId you try a couple of weeks doing the same amount of points each day,then try this plan?Did you make sure to use your super high points dat at LEAST 3 days before weigh in?Did you follow the program exactly to a t?What is your ww weight?As is,what does the book say you should weigh?Maybe you werent meant to go below 150.I have been following this wendies plan and havent gained at all on it.In fact,I have ben loosing pretty good on it

googlegirl 12-28-2005 09:47 PM

DId you try a couple of weeks doing the same amount of points each day,then try this plan?
Yes. I was sticking pretty close to 25 points per day and gained. So I dropped to 20 points per day and lost, but I was STARVING!!!!!! That is the only time I've lost any weight in the last 2 months. That was last week, and then I found the Wendie plan, so I tried it this week.

Did you make sure to use your super high points dat at LEAST 3 days before weigh in? Yes. My SHP day was Saturday. I weighed in today (Wednesday). I will weight in tomorrow just to really be sure, though.

Did you follow the program exactly to a t? I went over my SHP day by 2 points, so I decreased the next 2 days. I've followed the WW healthy guidelines, been drinking water, exercising, the whole 9.

What is your ww weight? As is,what does the book say you should weigh?Maybe you werent meant to go below 150.
My WW weight range is 124-148 (maybe it's changed a little sine ce 5 years ago). I'm barely below the max range right now. I have usually weighed between 125-135, so I am now back to a career high.

I have been following this wendies plan and havent gained at all on it.In fact,I have ben loosing pretty good on it I know, that's what seems to be the norm, and I am just so not having luck with it. This is really how I did WW in the past (when we could bank points), and it totally worked for me then.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm going to keep sticking with it. Something's gotta' give, right?

Lisa

angel-eyes 12-29-2005 09:55 AM

Hi its been awhile....sorry for being MIA. Food journalling has been great and so has my workouts. I'm keeping fingers crossed for a good weighin come Monday. My daily caloric totals have been a little on the low side but I'm eating like there's no tommorow. Smaller meals seem to be better for me because I don't then get to ravenous and/or shake-y. Have a good OP day.

Food journal for Dec 28th.....
Breakfast......toasted sandwich, cheese slice, 3 pc turkey bacon, coffee
Snack......protein shake (carb countdown, powder, strawberries)
Lunch......high fibre tortilla wrap, egg salad, lettuce, south beach granola bar
Snack.......soy crisps, 1T ff cream cheese, tangerine
Dinner......ham, cheese sandwich, ff pudding
Snack....(very snack-y).....1/2 C cereal,added fibre one, carb countdown milk

Total calories......1308 36%carb/33%protein/29%fat
gym workout....... 25 minutes weight training/45 minutes treadmill

stagemomx3 12-29-2005 12:07 PM

Lisa- Another thing to take a look at is the quality of food choices. I know that I did not lose this week, and I'm certain it's because the quality of my food choices was very poor. I ate way to many carbs, and not enough protein and veggies. So while my calorie/points were ok, the kinds of foods I've been eating have not been.

googlegirl 12-29-2005 09:49 PM

Thanks Michelle. I know I'm not being perfect, but I have been very careful about food choices since starting this plan (well, since right after Thanksgiving). Trying to get in good fats, like almond butter and avocado, instead of things like butter and trans-fatty stuff. Trying to get more protein from lean sources & egg beaters. Some days I manage 3 servings of protein, but it's hard. Here's a sample 20-ish point day. On days with a higher point limit I usually use it for more milks, have a higher point breakfast (Kashi waffles & boca links), etc. This is pretty typical, maybe a little higher carb than usual, but I usually have a fruit & hot tea instead of hot cocoa:

Breakfast 4 points
2 pcs. women's bread, 2 tsp. almond butter

Lunch 3 points
Vegetarian split pea soup 3, Salad (mixed greens, tomato, cucumber) 0, dressing 0 (1 tsp. yogurt, balsamic, & mustard)

Snacks 4 points
1/2 Luna bar 1.5, sugar-free hot cocoa 1, popcorn .5, cookie dough 1 (I was making holiday cookies)

Dinner 8 points
Homemade turkey & veggie chili 5, baked corn chips 1, sugar free rice pudding 2

I'd love feedback/comments!