Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 11:48 PM   #16  

Dora - So sorry to hear about your husband's job loss. Unfortunately, this is happening to many people. Let's hope and pray that his situation will actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Please don't beat yourself up over a gain of a pound or two (just in case you were). It is hard to lose weight, especially if there are significant stressors in your life. I am pleased that you'll be posting here too. Together we will reach that illusive 175!

I have journalled consistently for the last 2 weeks (almost a record for me). I had 3 days where I ate more than the Wendie plan allowed me. This week, I want to follow it exactly. Sometimes I just want to eat something more. I have to control this urge.

Wishing everyone a good week!
Old 06-27-2001, 02:32 PM   #17  

Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcome Swan. When I started out, I tried not to think about how far I had to come. On the way down, I've gloried in each new size and each new bone that I could see or feel. I still get a little thrill about crossing my legs when I think about it. It's actually comfortable now, and I look ladylike!

My life has changed in a lot of ways. Mostly, I'm way more active. Last summer I got rollerblades and this spring (when I hit 100 pounds gone) my husband bought me a bike. I love it! I love spending time outdoors, whether it's actively exercising with the blades or bike or more leisurely activity like mowing the lawn or gardening. It's true that I have so much more energy than I ever had. It used to be that I'd aim to have one big job (like getting teh lawn mowed) done per weekend day. Now I mow the lawn, trim the vines, pull some weeds, eat lunch, then think so what am I gonna do in the afternoon? It's wonderful.

The worst part of weight loss? Well, I have to admit I'm nervous about maintenance. I've had so many rewards and incentives on my way down, I don't want to become bored or complacent when I get to goal. I'm seriously considering becoming a Weight Watchers receptionist or leader down the road because what a great way to stay motivated.

I gained .6 of a pound this week Kind of a bummer but at this point I'm really good at looking at the big picture rather than getting too hung up on week to week.

Dora - you've done so amazingly on your loss this far. Maybe your body actually would like to maintain for a while. Changing your focus to maintenance may help you stay positive about your accomplishments during what must be a stressful time. I hope everything works out well for your hubby.

Have a great day! Flib

292.6/181/165ish
Old 07-04-2001, 02:18 PM   #18  

Hey everyone, where did you go? I had a difficult week points-wise. It was Canada Day weekend, so I had four days off, which I spent at the cottage. We had a wonderful time of course, and got lots of exercise, but foodwise it wasn't so hot. I had ice cream four times in those 3 days! Each time, I just had a kiddie cone, but they were still a good size. I gained 1.4 lbs! I *think* that's a tie for my worst gain ever. Oh well, it came on fast, so it'll go off fast too. I'm hoping a bit of it was water retention as well because I had salty popcorn teh night before I weighed in (or maybe I'm just looking for excuses...). Anyway, I seem to be drifting in the wrong direction from 175, darn it! Next week I'll have a better tale for you. Of course, my inlaws are arriving this week, and that promises to be stressful. But I'll be in my own home so there's no excuse for poor choices! Wish me strength!

Flib
292.6/182.4/165ish
Old 07-08-2001, 11:52 PM   #19  

How is everyone doing? I have had some good days and then days where I've lost control. Yesterday, I fell into a box of wheat thins. I didn't eat the whole box, but I ate at least 4 servings of crackers and I had just returned from the gym. I've found that I am ravenous after my Saturday workouts. I'll have to plan better for next week.

Anyway, I am focusing in again on my weight loss progress. Sometimes it is just so hard and other weeks it is very easy to do. Why is that?

I hope to be in the 170's (if not 175) by Labor Day. I'll need help maintaining my focus so I hope that someone will post.

I am tired of losing the same few pounds over and over again. I have the feeling that if I can just break through the 180's barrier, this journey will become a little easier.

Wish me luck!
Old 07-13-2001, 02:44 PM   #20  

Hey Swan, I always find when I get down to a new milestone (like entering a new "decade" of weight) that I'll play around for a few weeks before breaking through. It's certainly not intentional, but it seems to happen to me consistently, so I think it's something I'm unconsciously doing to myself. You're probably right that once you break through to the 180's you'll have an easier time - at least until you get near the 170's!

As for me, I finally broke into the 170's in a big way at last night's weigh in. I lost 4.6 lbs in a week to hit 177.8! I am thrilled. I had gained a total of 2 lbs over the previous two weeks, so I needed to reverse the trend. I didn't do any intense exercise, but I did keep to my resolution of at least 4 workouts at week (mowing the lawn and walking also count as exercise). So that means I've lost a total of 114.8 so far. Getting closer...

Good luck to you!

Flib
292.6/177.8/165ish
Old 07-13-2001, 10:22 PM   #21  

Flib - So happy to hear about your progress! Congratulations to you!! Having a breakthrough is always so invigorating, isn't it? If only that feeling would last forever. Thanks so much for posting. You've inspired me to join you in the 170's as soon as possible. I have to realize that my emotional eating doesn't solve any of my problems and it adds to my weight problem.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 07-14-2001, 02:26 PM   #22  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Default Starting over as of TODAY!!

Howdy all,

WOW, Flib, you dropped a chunk! What skinny Minnie you are getting to be! Woo hoo!

Swan, I'm so impressed with your journaling efforts. I know that being honest with myself is the best way to handle life in all its aspects. Sometimes I think I purposefully set myself up for setbacks. When I was WW-OP, I would weigh every single morning and use the info to remember how the past few days had affected the number-up or down. When this downfall started, I suddenly "forgot" to WI, then "forgot" to journal, "forgot" to measure foods, now I'm "forgetting" to set out my walking clothes or to even set the alarm clock. What a vicious cycle.

So, today I attended my old Saturday group meeting. Even though I was embarrassingly late. And have journaled every morsel. And will mow my yard for an attempt at exercise. It's been way too long. Your "175 by Labor Day" gives me some incentive. I'd get my 70# star if I can get there.

You're the best! Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 07-14-2001, 11:43 PM   #23  

Dora - It makes me happy to know that something I've done has helped you. Since you've helped me many times with your insight and understanding, I was especially glad to return the favor. If we keep working on it, we'll eventually reach (and surpass) that 175 lb albatross!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 07-18-2001, 01:18 PM   #24  

Dora, good for you getting back to that meeting! I bet they were all delighted to see you. How's your week been going?

Swan, come on in to the 170s - the water's fine!

I'm thrilled to tell you that I lost .6lb at my weigh-in last night because that means the chunk I lost last week wasn't a fluke. It was a real loss! Yay! So I'm chugging ever closer to the 175 mark. Probably it will take me another 2 weeks. These days I have come to expect about a pound a week loss on average.

I'm so close I think I should drop those two points this week, and maybe I'll avoid the playing around I always do when I reach a milestone (like a new points range). I'm going to try it anyway. Aack! Only 25 points maximum - that doesn't sound like very much, considering I started with 35 points max! And I'm finding it monumental because this is the points range to get me to goal!!!

Oh well. Keep me posted on how you're doing! Have a great week, Flib

292.6/177.2/165ish
Old 08-01-2001, 02:03 PM   #25  

Sigh. Did I kill this thread? I'm still chipping my way down to 175. I hope the rest of you are too. Have a great week.

Flib
292.6/176.8/165ish
Old 08-01-2001, 10:03 PM   #26  

Hey Flib - Nope, I'm still breathing (but just barely). I'm surviving yet another go around of a major heatwave. YUCK!

So happy to hear that you are thisclose to 175. When you arrive there, I'll hope that you'll keep posting here as our 'Senior' member. You'll have to do something special for yourself.

As for me, I haven't been able to exercise as much as I usually do. But I am still plugging away at better eating habits and focusing on getting all of those fruits and veggies in daily.

I may not make it to 175 by Labor Day, but I hope to be at least around 180. I'll, of course, post with the news then.

In the meantime, keep posting.
Old 08-08-2001, 02:06 PM   #27  

I MADE IT I MADE IT I MADE IT! Last night I weighed in at 175 exactly. Yay!!! Last night's weigh-in also marked the loss of my 5th 10% goal. Wow. My next big goal is... GOAL. How wild is that? Exactly 10 pounds to where I think I want to be.

I could technically declare goal in 6 lbs at the very tiptop of the WW range for my height, but I think I want to wait for 165. For some reason, it's been the fantasy number for me since I started this journey. And it's definitely realistic for my frame too. I know there's only 4lbs difference between 169 and 165, but that's probably at least another month of meeting fees to pay. But after all these weeks and weeks of paying, what's a couple more, right? What do you think?

Good luck to you all. I'll definitely continue to check in with you. You inspire me!

Flib
292.6/175!/165
Old 08-08-2001, 03:39 PM   #28  

Applause, applause for you Flib!!!! Congratulations on reaching 175 lbs!!! You are the first of all of us to achieve that landmark and I couldn't be happier for you!! How does it feel? Did you do anything special for yourself or are you going to wait until you reach goal (which for you is right around the corner)? And thanks for posting your success. It will help to motivate me and probably everyone else.

Alright everyone, who will be the next one to reach 175? We can't let Flib be all alone around here.
Closed Thread