Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #1  

Default Thinking WW again???HELP..

I have been thinking of ww again... I used to be a ww fenatic, now I have been trying South Beach, with no luck at all other than I feel better. What is the deff between SBD and the new core plan, I am not familiar with CORE.
I lost 60lbs. on WW a few years ago then stopped smoking regained almost all back and I am having a hard time getting back OP . .. any suggestions would be GREAT!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #2  
banned

hi ram!

the main diff is w core theres no induction phase. plus theres more variety on core than sbd
Old 08-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  

Hi there,

I'm not really familar with South Beach, but I recently rejoined WW again. I had past success with WW on my own and then tried Oprah's boot camp. I have to say core is ALOT like Oprah's thing and similar to what I have heard about SB. You eat from a list of approved foods. They consist of whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, fat free cheeses, lean proteins, beans and such. You eat stuff that is mostly whole and unprocessed. Avoiding things liek white flour bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, as well as sugar. Thus eminating junk foods, and stuff with high calories and little nutrional value. Very much liek Oprah AND Dr. Phil.

If you eat foods not on the list you simply deduct the points from your 35 weekly points allowence. If you are eating something like lasgana with many core and non core ingredients you count the points for the entire dish.

WW emphasizes finding your comfort zone, eating when you are hungry and until you are satisfied. The key word here is satisfied not FULL.

I honestly haven't tried core I do flex and love it. I must say WW is a great program and if it works for you why not try it again? We have a great group of ladies over in the WW groups and clubs called the Slimmin Sistas. Feel free to join us. There are some folks there that do core they maybe able to help you decide.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #4  

Hi andrea!! how are you?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:40 PM   #5  
banned

hi misty how ya doin?
im doin ok but i really need to go buy some more food.
Closed Thread