Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 05:15 PM   #16  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,

Lauren -good for you in getting back on track. You'll see that nasty water weight just slip right off. Some of it, anyhow. And we do have to do this. Failure is not an option. But I think we're definitely taking the scenic route. Hope that when I'm a WW leader that no one asks,"and how long did it take you...?" they sure won't like that answer!!

Michelle-my DD's kid magazine had a "how-to" grow those square melons using a cheap cinderblock. You hang the little melon over the hole, then break the block when it's mature. Supposed to use Sugar Baby seeds. Another fun thing we didn't do this year. Sigh.

But Thursday I'm taking DD to Fiesta Texas instead of Seaworld. She probably won't notice the difference til we're at the gate. Got some 1/2 price tickets that are about to expire. So, that will be fun. And we'll get to go to Schlitterbahn in a few weeks with the swim team. Yeah!!

So far today I have walked, drunk water, and avoided sugar. Haven't written down those points, but maybe tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2001, 06:22 PM   #17  
ME2

Here I am crawling out from under my rock. Actually, I'm having a pretty good week. I definitely need it. I didn't WI last week because I knew it would be a gain, and I didn't need that after being so close to the next 5 lbs off. I went to meeting, though, and that was very helpful. I've really tried to go back to square one and start with a fresh attitude. I'm journalling religiously, drinking all my water, and then some, I've upped the veggies, and I've incorporated more soup into my meals. The soup really helps me stay satisfied. Of course I'm still exercising. The one thing I have discovered during this struggle is (as Dora so eloquently put it) Failure is not an option. There have been so many times I just wanted to chuck it all, but I keep sticking with it. I'm proud of myself for that.

Dora - I won't go into the gory details, and I don't mean to scare you, but I have a friend who is dating a man. They both had their own houses. He owns his own business and got into some financial difficulty. Things got pretty bad and she kept wanting to sell her house while she still could, but he didn't want to be 'responsible for the failure', so she didn't and ended up losing it. Now he's going through the same thing with his house all because he saw getting something out of the house while he still could as a failure. I know a house can be an emotional thing, but so is losing money. You're right. It's definitely a guy thing. I pray that everything will work out for you and your family. I know this is a very stressful time.

Lauren - I didn't weigh in last week because I gained about 5 lbs in 1week!!! I knew I had overdone it, but I didn't figure I could do that much damage in a week. Boy was I wrong. The good news is that most of it seems to be water weight and came off once I got back to drinking my water and eating veggies. Writing it down definitely helps. You'll get there if you stick with it.

I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts. Sounds like we're all having a rough time right now. Don't give up on yourself!

Michele
Old 06-29-2001, 09:19 AM   #18  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,
We're back from Fiesta Texas. DD had a great time and we blew thru major money! Got the greatest souvenir. A digitized photo of us riding an elephant! It looks so cool. We just sat on a "green screen" and posed in our best elephant riding way, then the operator cleaned up the picture and Voila! Safari time!

Michelle -I need to take to heart your getting back to veggies. Lots of beans in my life, but the free veggies have fallen by the wayside. Unfortunately, the consequences include incredibly painful constipation. Hard to believe with all that other fiber. Anyway, I'm putting a red bell pepper in my lunch today! And spinach salad for tonight.

I hear you on the house sale. It's a really hard decision to make. Houses have really gone up alot since we moved here three years ago. We couldn't have afforded this house if buying it today, and when DH does find employment, we certainly can't repurchase in this neighborhood. That's part of the dilemma. On the other hand, DH received an additional amount of his severance package that extends our "drop dead" time by another month. It's sure nice to have the cash, but it makes the house issue even more complicated.

On Sunday our church is having a picnic complete with three legged race, sack race, and pie-eating contests. Also a contest for best potato salad, pie, and red-white-and-blue dessert. Interesting. I may go for the potato salad and am toying with a stack of colored bonbons for the r-w-b- dessert. Any ideas?

Y'all have a great one!
Old 06-29-2001, 06:18 PM   #19  
ME2

Dora - I don't have any ideas about r-w-b desserts, but I was in the sam's the other day, and they had the coolest red and white striped ravioli. If I were creative, and/or interested in spending all my points on a crab and feta cheese ravioli, I would have bought some, but I'm not, so I didn't.

FYI everyone, I got my 5 lb star on Thursday....finally!!! 185 and counting down.

Michele
Old 06-29-2001, 06:50 PM   #20  

New thread time . Kathy
Closed Thread