Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #1  

Unhappy Shame Shame on me :(

My Bf went out and got the ingredients for a milkshake recepe I found, and I have a MAJOR weakness for Coolwhip............Do you all know where this is leading????
Yes, I did it.. after being sooo good, I did it. Grabed a spoonfull. (3 times)
Has anyone else had weaknesses like this? How can we stop them?
(besides feeling really really guilty)
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 PM   #2  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

chocolate malt on the 4th. guilty as charged.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:23 AM   #3  

No matter how much weight we loose, how confident we are in ourselves etc...those eating habits or triggers will never go away. It is a constant struggle and battle. It takes a lot longer for the mental aspects of having an eating problem go away after the physical weight is gone. The good thing is that now we realize what we are doing and know the importance of getting right back on track....Don't make a one time bad choice become a whole day or week of "Oh Well, I blew it!" It happens to all of us.
Julie
Old 07-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Do not feel guilty. Count it and move on. Personally I'd rather have the real stuff rather than Cool Whip...LOL!

It takes time but eventually it does get easier to control but there will always be some slip ups....even at goal.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #5  
~*~Tara~*~

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

I agree, count the points and move on. Remember, a single spoonful is better than the whole tub!

Slip ups will happen. Don't feel guilty or beat yourself up over it. It will only make you feel worse about yourself, which could trigger a guilty eating binge. Accept that you slipped, and promise yourself to do better tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

I meant to come back and post this yesterday:

Dieting Myth – Believe Setbacks are Fatal

Learning to accept setbacks as a part of being human will help you cause yourself less frustration on the road to success. Setbacks, when viewed as learning tools, actually help dieters achieve their final goals. Just about every person with a great body I’ve encountered experienced a glitch somewhere in their attempt to slim down. Those who succeeded were able to step back, analyze what went wrong, correct the problem(s), and then use it as part of their motivation.

“When I started the final program that became my success, I too pen in hand and listed all the times I had tried to lose weight in my life, and what happened that made me get off track. What I found was that it was the same situation playing itself over and over again.” Chandra, age 51, 58 pounds lost

SETBACKS

It can be a vacation, a weekend of partying, or a major life crisis. All setbacks and lapses prove is we’re human. It’s not fatal. Here’s how to get back on track.

1. Take immediate action. The sooner you start, the easier it will be. Don’t try to analyze it to death.
2. Make it a priority. For the next few days, monitor everything you at, and become proactive in your plan. After getting back on track, you can back to coasting.
3. Create a schedule that will not leave you much time for anything else. Write down your menu, take a class, or get your hair done. Get back to you.
4. Don’t do anything drastic. Don’t try to fast or go crazy with exercise. It’s a form of self-punishment which just won’t work.
5. Avoid temptations. Throw away that part food and liquor, and decline that invitation that may lead to further problems.
6. Don’t wear the bulkiest item you own. This just reinforces the negative feelings you have toward yourself.
7. Forgive yourself and get on with other important issues in your life not involving food.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #7  
Eat well, Live well

Next time, get the 95% FF cool whip, and instead of eating it out of the tub, scoop it onto a pile of fresh cherries or peaches or other fruit. Count it as a couple of points and a serving of fruit...YUMMY and it fits into the flex plan.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #8  
banned

are we talking about 3 spponfuls of cool whip? thats nothing.....
Old 07-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #9  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie Abbott
Next time, get the 95% FF cool whip, and instead of eating it out of the tub, scoop it onto a pile of fresh cherries or peaches or other fruit. Count it as a couple of points and a serving of fruit...YUMMY and it fits into the flex plan.
My thoughts exactly! I always buy the FF Cool Whip... I haven't bought the regular in years, and I can't tell any difference.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #10  
Sea

I didn't realize Cool-Whip had a fat-free. Thanx! DH will be delighted.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #11  
Lucyee

Hi! I am sorry to hear about your Cool Whip slip, but I am really did a number much worse than that. I ate it and it was gone, before I knew it and on my hips. I bought a Kit Kat and a Musketeers. So mad at myself. I have been feeling very stressed lately, over some family illnesses and other problems. I know I have to get a handle on all of it. No excuse to be eating, it isn't going to change anything. Thought maybe if I shared it, I would feel better about the slip and be able to move on. Need some encouragement. I decided to do the WW Flex plan, after much jumping back and forth between it and L A Weight loss, which I really can't afford. Wish me luck. Lucy
Old 07-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #12  

You think cool whip is bad? My downfall is usually ground beef! I am talking about 1/2-1 pound of it! (like 16-32 points lol) Just make sure you count the points for your cool whip so that you can make up for it later in the day/week. And yeah, FF next time.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #13  
Sea

Today is our anniversary. We celebrated yesterday since we could spend the day together. First, at lunch I had a Taco Bell CrunchWrap. Then at dinner, I ate too much portion wise and finished with a big slice of Boysenberry pie. It was soo good. But I did what I could while splurging. Though I had the pie, my entree was the salmon. Instead of rice pilaf I had a plain baked potato (ate about 1/2), and at both meals I drank only water. My weight is up a pound today, but it could have been worse. I do need to keep the pie to less than once a month, though.
Closed Thread