Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #1  

Question Vegetarian Day

Hey Everyone
For the most part I stay mainly vegetarian. Is there any other veggies out there who will share thier daily eating habbits? id like to see what other poeple like me are doing
thanks and good luck
Nancy
Old 05-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #2  

Oh yeah im trying this plan
Break fast parfay
1 c fruit - 1 pt
1 c cereal- 1 pt WW cereal
1pt yogurt
if im still hungry ill some oatmeal, today i had 1 packet for 2 pts
1 c cofee

snack
1 c munchies- 3 pts

lunch
1/4 c FF cheese- 1 pt
2 slices WW break - 1 pt
4 slices tomato- 0 pt put together for a cheesy and tomato-ish grilled cheese

30 light chips - 2pts
1 apple- 1 pt

Snack- 30 chips- 2 pts

Dinner smart ones marinara noodles - 4 pts

dessert no pudge cone- 2 pts
Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Lipbalm - this is better than the last menu you posted but it is still not that well rounded.

Your breakfast is definetly better so you are making some progress - good going
Old 05-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I agree you don't have much protein there. Here is more info on protein (like I posted in your other thread):

Dietary Sources
Most foods contain at least some protein. Good sources of protein for vegetarians include nuts and seeds, pulses, soya products (tofu, soya milk and textured soya protein such as soya mince), cereals (wheat, oats, and rice), free-range eggs and some dairy products (milk, cheese and yoghurt).
Different foods contain different proteins, each with their own unique amino acid composition. The proportions of essential amino acids in foods may differ from the proportions needed by the body to make proteins. The proportion of each of the essential amino acids in foods containing protein determines the quality of that protein. Dietary proteins with all the essential amino acids in the proportions required by the body are said to be a high quality protein. If the protein is low in one or more of the essential amino acids the protein is of a lower quality. The amino acid that is in shortest supply is called the limiting amino acid.

Protein quality is usually defined according to the amino acid pattern of egg protein, which is regarded as the ideal. As such, it is not surprising that animal proteins, such as meat, milk and cheese tend to be of a higher protein quality than plant proteins. This is why plant proteins are sometimes referred to as low quality proteins. Many plant proteins are low in one of the essential amino acids. For instance, grains tend to be short of lysine whilst pulses are short of methionine. This does not mean that vegetarians or vegans go short on essential amino acids. Combining plant proteins, such as a grain with a pulse, leads to a high quality protein which is just as good, and in some cases better, than protein from animal foods. Soya is a high quality protein on its own which can be regarded as equal to meat protein.

The limiting amino acid tends to be different in different proteins. This means when two different foods are combined, the amino acids in one protein can compensate for the one lacking in the other. This is known as protein complementing. Vegetarians and vegans eating a well-balanced diet based on grains, pulses, seeds, nuts and vegetables will be consuming a mixture of proteins that complement one another naturally without requiring any planning. Beans on toast, cheese or peanut butter sandwich, muesli with milk (soya or cow's), and rice with peas or beans are all common examples of protein complementing.

Previously, it has been thought that protein complementing needed to occur within a single meal. However, it is now known that this is not necessary as the body keeps a short-term store of the essential amino acids. A well-balanced vegetarian or vegan will easily supply all the protein and essential amino acids needed by the body.

It is from this http://www.vegsoc.org/info/protein.html

Unless you are a vegan where are your 2 full dairy servings. I see a couple partial ones.

What about your 2 healthy oils. Yes I know most people thing that the fats are a waste but refer to the article on fats I posted in your other thread. Your body really needs them. They also take longer to digest and tend to help keep you satisified.
Closed Thread