Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2001, 12:00 AM   #1  

Hello everyone!

I have been doing better the last few days. I'm actually eating WITHIN my point range. What a concept!! One day I ate 24 points, drank 6 glasses of water and had 5 points of exercise. So if I keep this going, the scale may actually move in the right direction.

I have paid more attention to my serving sizes. I'm adapting to eating just one portion. I used to sometimes eat two portions (like of spaghetti) and count the points. But I was more satisfied (at least the last several days) with savoring the one portion and consequently eating fewer overall points.

Last week, I lifted weights 3x; attended funk aerobics, pilates, and yoga classes 1x; and did 12 minutes on a cross-trainer. Also, I finally achieved a good downward dog (yoga posture where you make your body into an upside down 'V') with my feet flat on the floor and held it for about 2 minutes. Doesn't sound like much, but it's taken me a year and a half of working to get it right. My teacher complimented me.

So we're winding down to the end of part one. What lessons have you learned? What new habits have you formed? What has motivated you? What have been your successes? And finally, are you ready for part two of the challenge?
Old 02-06-2001, 11:19 PM   #2  
Senior Tortoise

I've been surprised and pleased by my progress toward my goals for this challenge. Actually, my "goal," since I only had one -- to exercise. And, incredibly, I have been! Not every day, but nearly every week I've gotten in my 140 minutes. And kind of enjoying it, weirdly enough.

I'm also feeling stronger and fitter. I'm very happy with this challenge and looking forward to the next.

--Lauren
Old 02-07-2001, 11:51 PM   #3  

Well, mine were to at least think about and try starting exercise - and I have started. Not a lot, but that's better then nothing!!

And I've lost 8-10 lbs, wanted to lose 14. BUT, there's still a week left in the first part of the challenge, so it'll be close!

Overall, a good result for me!

------------------
Tracy
320/286.75/150
OP Since 10/28/00
Old 02-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #4  

Hi Challengers!

Well this challenge certainly has been a good one for me, I've lost 11 pounds total. I had another good week last week, I met all of my goals except I did not exercise 5 days this week, only 3. My social life sort of got in the way, I've started dating--aack! But I did hike two times over the weekend for a total of 7 hours, so I got the minutes in anyway.

I lost 2.2 pounds last night and got my 110-pound star--I get so emotional at these awards. I had been planning all these wise things to say that I thought might be helpful to my group, but once I got up there I got nervous and emotional and just started blabbering--I still have no idea what I actually said.

I can't wait to get going on the next challenge. I'm going to aim high and try to make it to my next 10 pound award for part two of the challenge. This would put me only 8 pounds from goal! I usually don't like to set such a high goal for myself but I figure I should use all of this motivation while I have it.

See you all in Part 2!!

Marcie
293/183/165
Old 02-09-2001, 12:25 AM   #5  
Senior Tortoise

Marcie, way to go! You've been doing great.

--Lauren
Old 02-11-2001, 08:35 AM   #6  

Hey everyone!

I'm so excited!! I discovered the best WW treat. The WW Lowfat Chocolate Fudge Candy Bar is delicious and comes 4 bars to a box. At only 2 points per bar, it's a great treat. (Or 8 points for a box ). And no, I didn't eat the entire box, though I easily could have. Let me know if any of you try this.

What other WW treats are good? I remember years ago that WW had the best frozen chocolate mousse (not the frozen mousse bars). I wasn't the only who knew that because the shelves were always empty.

Old 02-15-2001, 01:14 AM   #7  

This has been my most successful challenge ever. I am refocused on eating the proper portions, journaling and weighing everything. I have increased my water intake. I am paying more attention to everything. I think that something finally 'clicked' for me.

Hope that this has been a good time for all of you also.
Old 02-15-2001, 04:21 AM   #8  

Swan, that's great news! As you know, I've also had a successful challenge. I hope that all of us can keep on clicking through the next challenge--it's so much more fun this way.

Marcie

[This message has been edited by Marcie (edited 02-14-2001).]
Closed Thread