Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default Another gain

Well I had my weigh-in yesterday and gained 1.4 and the previous week I gained 1.2 pounds. Should I be really worried about this? I was plateauing but now I'm gaining and it's getting me a little scared. My food hasn't changed although I've been eating more fruits and vegetables. It's also going to be that time of the month in a day or two so I don't know. I'm going to be starting that Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose Weight 12 week thing. Has anyone ever had a gain for more than one week? It really frustrates me and I feel like quitting the program. I know 2 pounds isn't that HUGE of a deal but I guess I was just used to seeing a loss even if it was a small one. I'm just a little depressed b/c I have been trying really hard. I drink my water, I exercise and I've been getting my servings. I'm hoping a new exercise regimen will help. Any words of wisdom?

Julie
Old 03-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #2  

Post a day's menu so we can see what you are eating. What you eat is just as important as how much. DO you weigh and measure occasionally to be sure the portion sizes haven't crept up?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:34 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Without more info I'll do my usual post. Look and answer honestly?

1) Where in your points range (range meaning utilizing your TPs, APs, and FPs) are you eating? Most people find they lose better when eating most if not all of their points for the week. Especially if you are exercising you need to eat toward a high point total and not the lower end. The reason is because your body thinks it is starving and slows down your metabolism and holds on to the calories you intake.

2) What are you spending your points on? Review the POINTSPIES (Also make sure you get in some REAL fat (butter, margarine, mayo, real salad dressing, etc) however your fats really should for health concerns come from non-saturated sources. I had subconsciously removed almost all fat from my diet and had plateaued for SIX (count them 6) months. Make sure you get in some fat. Again W/W and nutritionists recommend for health healthy fats such as olive, canola oils etc but the important thing is to not eliminate the fat and get in at least 2 points in real fats (this is from nutritional courses).

3) Are you drinking your water?

4) Are you eating a lot of processed foods (canned, frozen, etc.) which contain a lot of sodium, which causes water retention. What about diet sodas? They can cause bloating and water retention.

5) Are you exercising? Have you taken your measurements to see if you are building muscle while losing? Remember muscle weighs 2.2 times more than fat volume for volume (this means for a 3”x3” piece of muscle and a 3”x3” piece of fat the muscle will be 2.2 times heavier). If you are exercising remember to eat high in your point range.

6) Are you journaling? This includes every BLT (bite, lick and taste). Those BLTs can add up in 'hidden' points. My leader suggested for each BLT or freebie to put a tick mark in your journal and for each 4-5 add 1 point to your day.

7) Are you calculating points correctly? Ninety percent of new members don't count points correctly. I have a favorite muffin and I realized my 3-point muffin is really 6 points because it is 2 servings. Make sure you use the nutritional information rather than the 'generic' list W/W puts out. You'll find a lot of differences.

Once you have analyzed these things then you need to start playing with the program to adapt it to you and your body. Like reducing the carbs and increasing the protein and stuff like that.
Closed Thread