Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 04:16 PM   #1  

Question New Creations #8

Hello and Happy Monday! I was on earlier and posted a new thread or at least thought I did but must have not hit the right things.
Anyway, Welcome to all the regulars and any new comers to this thread!
We are all here for encouragement and to be encourageing to one another.
I have a new question of the week:
If you were going on vacation for two weeks and (ok had met goal or personal goal weight, cause mine would be two different vacations ) money is no object, where would you go and what would you do?

For all those who weigh in today....
Talk to you later.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:25 PM   #2  

Talking vacation

If I have reached my goal:
I would like to go on a nice long cruise with my Sweetie. Lay in the sun on the beach in a nice tasteful swimsuite that shows my new shape! Sipping Crystal lite (don't want to gain it all back ) And using plenty of sun screen! Later go to dinner and dance (cause I want to learn, besides looking fun it burns calories). Durning the day I would also like to shop at the islands we stop off at! Just relax and enjoy being with my Sweet Larry!

If I have not met my goal and am still working on it:
I would like to go to a cabin in the mountains. Hike during the day and enjoy nature. Relax a lot and just enjoy the wilderness. There are also plenty of little towns up there and I could shop there too! At night have a nice fire either inside or out and cuddle with my Sweet one.

Ok so I am boring and a romantic! What can I say? Your's might be more exciting.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:55 PM   #3  
Jennifer

Unhappy Good and Bad News

Hey Everyone,

I've got good and bad news. I will tell the bad news first. But.. about the vacation.
If I was at goal: I would like to go St. Augustine Florida go to the beach in my 2 peice bathing suit. and get a tan.
If I wasn't at goal: I would like to go to Alaska. Just so I could see the day light all day long (It never gets dark is what I've heard)

Ok now the bad news is: You all knew I had a cold (Or so I thought) I went to the doctor today (Forgive the spelling) And found out I have the starting Broncithius.
It started as the Flu and turned into this. Well my dad is also sick He's got the flu and has a temperture of 103. He's very sick.

The good news: According to the doctor's scales I had lost 12 pounds this week But I probably won't get to go to weight watchers because of being sick. My mom isn't sick (yet). so the doctor gave her some antibiotics. My whole family's on antibiotics and I'm having to take breathing treatments to get this crud knocked out of me. I hope you all aren't having as bad of month as I am! Good luck at weigh in's. Please don't get around anyone that's sick!!!!!

Last edited by Jennh1988; 02-01-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:11 PM   #4  
No Uno Mas?

Default My Dream Vacation

Hello ladies,

Well I did gain this week but I'm blaming it on the lack of water. I have no worries I will lose it plus this week. I had to make changes on my school schedual and am taking Tennis (for beginenrs) instead of Lifetime Fitness and I dropped Intro to Algebra. I found out that I could take Algebra preparation.

Jenn-I hope you feel better soon

on to my vacation
It would be in Tuscany. Hopefully by then I would have a sweetie to share it with. I would go on a walking tour that walked through Cortona, Tuscany in Italy. I would, of course, see all the artsy sites and go to the opera etc..
Old 02-02-2005, 12:56 AM   #5  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Angry grrr!

Okay, so earlier today I typed a wonderfully long post and said some witty things and did some funny twirly stuff and all around would have made y'all laugh.

But the hampsters* ate it apparently.

grrr.

Anyway, Jen I do hope you feel mucho bettero verra verra soon. Take your meds and have some chicken soup. Perhaps a bit of chamomile and think of how delish you're gonna look at goal. Woot!

as for the question...well, when I'm at goal I want to do a hiking tour of Europe. Esp my "native" Scotland.

Not quite at goal? Well, I've already had the goal of visiting all of the 50 states. I've been to (and I listed 'em all in my other hampster eaten post) 15 so far. Some I'd like to revisit because it's been so long or because all we did was drive through and I didn't get to see anything other than whizzing trees. (hmmm...whizzing trees...that would sure be interesting. )

So, in a very little nutshell, that is my hampster eaten post.

Huggles n stuff

Kae

* Hampsters are the evil little internet creatures that frequent message boards and munch on witty and twirly posts. Hamsters are fury little cute adorable rodents. The two should not be confused.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #6  
No Uno Mas?

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm planning on switching to counting calories. It may be eaiser for me in the long run. Did I mention that I'm going to be taking Tennis in March?
I can't weight. I hope to have lose a reasonable amount of weight before this class begins.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #7  

Red face Hampsters!

Kae, yes, I know the hampsters of which you speak! I had a post before the #8 of #8 that was good but it was missing when I checked later.
Anyway, your posts are fun to read. I too would like to visit Scotland (my Sweetie is Scottish and as a mater of fact...I am wearing a "KILT INSPECTOR" t-shirt right this very second! We go to lots of festivals here in Colorado....Irish, Scottish, Celtic.....we love them! I would also like to visit Ireland. However I will do that no matter what!
Jen, so sorry to hear you are so ill! I sure hope you feel better. Heck of a way to lose weight and not to put you in a downer...but usually doesn't stay off. Just get better and worry about the weight later!
Christine, good luck counting the calories. I hope that doesn't mean you are leaving us? I love to hear from you . Tuscany sounds nice too....I just have so many things I want to do! Travel and have fun...let me tell you other than raising my wonderful kids I don't know that I have had much fun over the past 20 some years and now that I am done with that man (ex husband, married for 23 years) I am living!!!!
Larry is the greatest, and I wish everyone could have a wonderful guy like him. Ok, I am done bragging! Sorry.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #8  
No Uno Mas?

Shawn- You can't get rid of me that easy I just want to try another approach. decrease intake and increase activity. I'm getting to where I can't afford the meetings even if I go by priority.
I know its not that much but I only live on so much per week
I'm getting another version of Walk Away The Pounds from the library. Its not from the same person..I didn't know there were more than one
Old 02-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #9  

Talking I understand

Completely! It does get expensive if you look at the fact that it is almost $11 a week. $44 a month is not chicken feed! So I know what you mean.
I will always keep doing the points only cause for me it is easier. But for others it is calories and for some carbs....Just depends on what works for you. I am really happy that you aren't leaving us though.
I like the quote on the end of your post.
I also see you are checking out some of the other forums. Let me know if you find a good one.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #10  
No Uno Mas?

Hiya,

For the last two days I have ate anything that I can get my hands on but tomorrow is a new day. I hope I can stay in control. The city will be widening our street tomorrow and they better not block my driveway and take away my mailbox They could have done this months ago but they wait till the cold winter to start..I think they have a few screws loose.
I'm having trouble fitting in at the other forums but I am fairly new to them.
I've posted in the singles one and the Christian one.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:39 AM   #11  

Red face Thanks for the invite...

I'm new here, but thanks to Jenn for inviting me to this thread. I'm looking forward to becoming friends with everyone here. I weigh in on Saturday morning, and am hoping I do well. I've exercised at the gym 4 days this weeks (weights and treadmill) and stayed w/in my WW points although I did eat a lot of my weekly allowance this week - I just felt hungrier for some reason. Hopefully, that doesn't make a difference.

As for the vacation, I live in Alaska now, so I'm really hankering for something WARM. It's -10 here right now. I would love to be at goal, wear a nice swimsuit on a beach in Hawaii, or Australia, or maybe Fiji. Somewhere quiet, beautiful and relaxing to reward myself!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #12  
No Uno Mas?

Welcome to New Creations LostinAlaska

How is everyone doing? today has been slow and boring for me. I found an old scale and according to it..I've gained 15 pounds since Monday I think its time for a new one and to top it off stretch marks are starting to appear in duplicate...I know that should be a good thing right
I also got WATP 3 miles. I'm going to start that tonight so I can subtract from my Graceland miles.
I'll check back later.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #13  

Talking Welcome!

Welcome LostinAlaska! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to go someplace warmer! I am from Wisconsin originally and it is waaaaaaaay to cold there, let alone Alaska. Anyway, welcome to New Creations. Good luck on the weigh in. I may go to WW tomorrow. I don't have a regular day...just when I can every week.
Christina, I have days like that ....eat, eat eat! I ate to many pretzels today! Oh well, like we always say....tomorrow is another day
I am not feeling real well, I think I am fighting another cold...scratchy throat, stuffy head...so I am off to bed.
I checked out the 40's and 50's forum. I am going to see if anyone even welcomed me.
Later!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #14  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Hi!

Hello LostinAlaska How's it going? Welcome to our group! wheee! Alaska is somewhere I've always wanted to see...and is on my list to visit someday...I plan on visiting all 50 states eventually.

How is everyone else doing?

I have a question for everyone. Do you think we should start a thread just for introductions? I mean, like we could have some form of "questionare" to fill out saying who we are, how long on WW, favorite low point food/exercise/book/tv show etc.

What do y'all think?

Kae
Old 02-04-2005, 02:15 AM   #15  

Default A warm welcome for this cold Alaskan!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Such a nice group! I think WildStrawberry's idea of an introduction page/form is a great one. It would give us all a chance to get to know a bit more about each other. I am so ready for tomorrow (Friday) and the weekend. It's been a crazy week. I hope you all have a great weekend - I'll check in w/my WI results (fingers crossed)
Closed Thread