Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 03:04 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Wink

I just decided to start again. I will have to make the $$ sacrifice, but I know it will be well worth it. I was on the 123 program a year ago, for about two months and it worked well, but I couldn't afford it and slipped.

I was wondering, how is the new plan compared to the 123 plan? Pretty good? Better? Has it caused more weight loss for those of you who continued from the old plan to the new plan?

Also, one thing that has made me not come back is 'cuz I feel silly...I'm scared I'll see someone who was there a year ago, totally thin now, and they see that I now weight more than I did a year ago!

Any advice? Thanks!

Girlie
Old 04-29-2001, 03:10 PM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi girlie!

Welcome Back!

I am also back to weight watchers for the 3rd time and now weigh more then I did both times previous! I felt the same way as you about being afraid of seeing the same people as last year, so what I did was went to a different meeting...and I don't recognize anyone! I think even if I did they would very likely be able to empathise anyways.

You have made a very good decision and I wish you luck!

winning points and 123 are very similar. They have changed the ranges slightly so you don't get too eat as much, and they have changed it so you can count only a maximum of 4 grams of fibre with figuring out points. I still use my 123 points book and combine the two.

Good luck!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-29-2001, 03:26 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

Default Angie,

Thanks for your post. Yes, I heard about the fiber cap, and that now you have to count carrots!

I guess I just need an organized diet. I lost a little so far, on my own, but I need something stable. Also, before, I was eating more meat and now I've pretty much cut out the meat except for fish, so maybe now that I've found better foods, I'll be able to have more variety than before. You and I are around the same weight. Geez, I feel so bad about weighing more than before, but I'm sure they won't remember me...I don't even remember which meeting Iwent to. At least I have the boards for help with pts, etc.
Old 04-29-2001, 04:09 PM   #4  
Running Babe

Girlie: Good for you!! I am sure they'd be happy to have you back and support you, and if anyone were to think other wise they're poopy heads. It took me three serious attempts in the past 3 years to get the weight off (twice with a dietician and this time with WW). I just think as the first two tries as learning experiences. I know what works (the first time I deprived myself too much, the second time I indulged WAY too much the third time on WW I found a happy medium) and everything now and heck I am still learning stuff. Look what didn't work for you in the past and try to work around that, you'll be so equipped this time!

Good Luck!

Ali
Old 04-30-2001, 07:40 AM   #5  

Good for you!! I also have just rejoined but it has been several years since I was there. Guess what? I did see someone who is now thin while I weigh more than I ever have. I almost turned around and ran, and then thought, Hey, I am worth this!!! Turn out Miss Thin had fallen off the wagon and was about to lose her lifetime status. (She has also be a friend for a long time). She said the problem she had was getting to goal and then not jounaling or counting her points. She gains enough to mess her up, comes back and counts, a vicious cycle. She said she finally realized that counting her points and jounaling would be a part of her life forever.

I have been lucky in that the group I am with contains people I know. It also contains lots of people I don't know, but who seem genuinely pleased to have someone who will actually stay for the meetings.

Good luck to us both on our journey!!!!

Elaine
Old 04-30-2001, 08:01 AM   #6  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I thought that once you reached lifetime status you couldn't lose it?
Old 04-30-2001, 08:12 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

You don't loose LTM status. You still have to weigh in once a month... If you are Over your goal you pay. if not then you don't. When they stamp your book you will notice that it says you must weigh in by the end of the next month. That is how they do it here in my state.

hope this helps,

-L
Old 04-30-2001, 03:57 PM   #8  
Always find the good!

Default Also returning

Hello.

I'm what I guess you would call a lurker, although that sounds so creepy! I went to WW in 99 and did very well. I have since gotten married and gained a lot back as being a wife is harder than i thought!!!

We both also went back to school this fall nights so we are busy and that didn't help. But...due to that I guess I'm doing what I call the Amy Diet! It is WW123 to the core! I love the program, I know it works. I had a chance to sit down with someone who joined the new WP program and with her info, I decided to just stick with what i know works for me.

The difference is that due to two tuitions, I can not afford WW so I've joined a local TOPS chapter for my support system. I by no means knock WW. It is simply financial. So I have my 1st weigh in tommorow and hope it goes well.

I'll be looking to boards for new and fun tips and support.

Thanks in advance...and good luck to all!

Amy T
171.25/171.25/130's
Old 04-30-2001, 06:05 PM   #9  

I mis spoke and caused confusion this morning. When I said my friend had lost her lifetime status, I was using her terms. She considers it lost if she has to pay. I don't think once you become a lifetime member that you ever lose your status. At least that is how it is in Illinois. I don't know if other places are different.

Thanks for the idea about eating at the high end and then not using my activitiy points. I hadn't thought of that!!!

Elaine
Old 04-30-2001, 08:21 PM   #10  
Bacon Girlie

Default Wow

What great responses!

Elaine: Isn't it weird how we think these things...like how you talked about the woman who got thin, and how you kind of think things about them..only to find out that she's struggling herself? I felt that way about a friend of mine...She's about at goal, and I am just starting really, and I've been so envious of her..when to find out she told me today she's gained weight and struggling herself. This weight loss is such a personal journey, and I'm going to try much harder to not judge others or feel like I'm being judged!

Amy: Boy, do I know what you mean! I've been working full time for the past 3 years and juggling day and night classes with first and second shifts and it really takes a toll for this stinkin BS (the degree, that is!). But no, I've gained a lot of weight the first two years, and this third year has been a major yo-yoing. I've learned a lot and feel I'm ready...for real now! I know you can do it too! I find with such a busy schedule, that organization of meals and snacks is best!

Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread