Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 12:14 PM   #1  

Default At a loss!

I dont know what to do. I am feeling disgusting and fat. None of my clothes fit and i feel as if i may break into tears at any moment. I mean i feel like i am hormonal, but i'm not. Tomorrow is my boyfriends birthday and we are going out to dinner with friends, and the thought of going out in public looking like this is absolutley horrifying. The worst part is, i have been doing so good for the last month, and i have seen no result, so now i have little motivation. I just want to wallow my frustration in food. I am fighting it today even though yesterday i was disgusting. At least i went to the gym. Sometimes i just wish i could be happy with my body the way that it is and not hate myself so much. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks!
5'1
s/w 130?
c/w 127
Old 09-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ok we have all been there. Breathe!

You are not disgusting! Find the outfit you enjoy wearing and wear that. Make good wise choices when you go to dinner.

Keep doing your plan and program.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:18 PM   #3  

WOW! You went to the gym yesterday. I think your on the right track. If I feel down, I don't exercise. And I know exercise is suppose to help with these feeling, but you put it into practice and I don't.
You also did something else important when your stressed- you share it. I think sharing helps a lot too.
I bet your a fantastic person. I congradulate you on all your postive steps. Keep being you - you are great!
Old 09-16-2004, 01:34 PM   #4  

Smile Overweight

[ Hi: I don't know how tall you are or how much you want to lose, but I would settle for 127lbs any day.

If you do the program the weight will come off.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:47 PM   #5  

Your body might not want to lose anymore weight, especially if you have a lot of muscle from working out.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:50 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy219
5'1
s/w 130?
c/w 127
She is 5'1" and current weighs 127. If she feels fat she feels fat. The point is to let her know that it is ok to feel that way and give her ways to help cope with the going out now!

I know many people who think 127 is fat for themselves and since we don't know what she looks like or her size we can't say...."Your body might not want to lose anymore weight, especially if you have a lot of muscle from working out."
Old 09-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #7  

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I am trying not to let this funk derail me! This is what i do everytime, i feel discouraged and completely give up, then i have a bad moment and i say oh well this day if ruined, better make the most of it. Then i have a bad day and say oh well this week is ruined etc. and basically i just end up binge eating for days on end. But i am determined, not this time.

I went to the gym yesterday in hopes of feeling better (that usually works) but for some reason, yesterday i left the gym feeling worse. I dont know whats come over me but i really appreciate everyone's advice and kind words. I feel better knowing other people have experienced these feelings as well. I am going to keep trying! Thanks everyone!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:49 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Cindy I know with past dieting I would hit a wall when I was close to my goal weight and since you are working out you could be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat and you could still be losing fat but just gaining muscle. I would suggest measuring for a month or so and see if you are losing inches even though the scale is not moving. I know it worked for me (way back when!! LOL) Hope this helps!
Closed Thread