Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 10:33 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down

Good morning Lifers, Soon-to-be Lifers, Lurkers, and everyone else!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My weekend was pretty crazy--my mom ended up in the hospital on Thursday night and my whoe schedule went a little nuts. I didn't do all that bad eating-wise, although my walking suffered some. Back on track though

I'll post more later--it's busy here this morning and I need to tackle a few projects!

Bye!
Old 05-14-2001, 10:41 AM   #2  

Hi Melissa -
We both started this week's thread at the same time, so I just deleted my post and will post on yours instead. Sorry to hear about your mom; I hope she is doing okay.

Haven't posted much lately; seem to be too busy at home and at work. Went to my SIL's for mother's day yesterday - too much food and I ended up snacking too much. The weather was nice & sunny yesterday, too. My SIL lives on a farmette & they have a few horses, so DD (who is 4) got a couple of rides on one of her horses yesterday - she loved it!

Am still up about 5 pounds more from where I should be - I am keeping up with the exercise, but have just been snacking more than I should. I hope to hear the "click" again & get my butt in gear!!

Later,
Katie
Old 05-15-2001, 07:38 AM   #3  

Good Tuesday morning everyone.

I hear you about the snacking katie. I did just fine yesterday, but one day out of the entire week doesn't count for much does it? I too am up 5 lbs since Christmas and a full ten over where I would like to be. Between a really hectic weekend and some miserable weather which is forecast to stick around until at least Thursday, I haven't been out for a run since the middle of last week.That coupled with TOM which hit yesterday, I feel like the Marshamallow Man (or Woman).

Is lalala out there (hopefully not still in the cigar bar). My DH is at sea too; he called from NYC yesterday but by now they're bouncing around in the Atlantic somewhere.

Construction on the bathroom continues... got home a little early yesterday hoping to see "the guys" but there wasn't a soul in sight. Maybe I'll get a progress report today.

Hope your Mom is feeling better Melissa.

bye for now
Old 05-15-2001, 09:02 AM   #4  

Hello hello!

It is warm and slightly humid here - it's supposed to hit 85 degrees today.

I did okay on the eating/exercise front yesterday - the after supper snacking needs to be reduced - I need to leave the kitchen area after dinner & stay away and then I'm usually okay.

Seasaw - if you don't mind me asking, what does your DH do that he is out at sea for several weeks?? Maybe we should band together & see if we can lose these extra 5-10 pounds. I still would like to be under 140, but would settle to stay at 142-145 (instead of 148-149!!) This is the week before TOM for me, too, so I feel a lot more cranky & short-tempered, plus sometimes it does make me crave more munchies.

Melissa - how's your mom doing??

Katie
Old 05-15-2001, 03:49 PM   #5  

Hi everyone!

It's been really crazy here and I feel overwhelmed. It just seems that there's too much to do and not enough hours in the day to get things done.

My mom is doing well...she's at home resting. The heart cath showed that there are no blockages at all in her arteries, which is really good. They believe it's a reaction from her thyroid medication that they had increased. She's going to be off of work the rest of the week. All in all though the news is good.

My walking hasn't been what I'd like it to be although I'm trying to get in as much as I can. Point-wise I think I've done pretty well. The weather here is perfect walking weather--mid 60's and sunny.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-16-2001, 07:59 AM   #6  

Happy Wednesday. The rain has finally stopped, but it is still overcast, windy and cool. So much for that one day of summer weather on Saturday...

Katie: DH is an electronics technologist with National Defence - not in the military but in a civilian research job. He used to go to sea a lot more but is in a different group now and does different work. It's just a fluke that he happens to be away now -- they asked if they could "borrow" him for this trip.

Yes, I think it's a great idea to band together to fight these pesky pounds that have crept back over the past few months. I have been staying within my points range - no exercise though so far this week - and I see I'm down to 146 this morning. Ideally, I would like to be under 140 too -- 138 is my personal goal. If I could just stick with the program for a little longer than two days, I know I could get pretty close to that. While DH is away, I'll be making a concerted effort. (It's just easier when I don't have to watch him chowing down on Cheetos and chocolate cookies.) Maybe we can try to keep each other motivated.

I saw Bridget Jones' Diary last night. The part about the underwear (for anyone who has seen it) was especially funny since I had ducked into Wal Mart on the way to the theatre to replenish my deteriorating stock. I've never been the bikini type - find them too uncomfortable - and just can't seem to find anything between that and matronly. Anyway, I thought the movie was funny.

Hope to get out for a run tomorrow morning before work. I'd go tonite but I have a web design course which runs for three hours and I barely have time to grab a bit to eat before I have to run out of the door again.

Glad to hear your Mom is OK Melissa.
Old 05-17-2001, 08:17 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone!

Today it's raining here...I'm hoping it will stop by lunch time so I can get out and get some walking in. It's been pretty crazy for the past week. I'm hoping that things will calm down now. My piles on my desk are slowly diminishing. We have had candidates for our presidential position visiting the campus for the past week and they have been having meetings. It's been fairly interesting. Now the decision lies in the hands of our Board. Monday the meet and hopefully they will appoint the person who will best suit our needs. It is nice to be able to place a face with a name.

Seasaw: I had a point in the winter where I was really struggling with my weight...it seemed I couldn't get past the 142 (which is my goal weight) and I was constantly getting on myself because I just couldn't seem to get it together. I have for the past month been trying to incorporate more walking and keeping up with my journal. I have been seeing results on the scale and it's really clicking once again. I feel good about staying in control and I'm edging closer to my personal goal. I just need to stay focused and I know I can meet it. I have the same problem, my DH eats all kinds of stuff and is able to keep his weight in check, I also have to remind myself that he runs, plays rugby, and his overall cardio is way different. It's hard at times though because sometimes you just want to dig in. At these times I usually ask myself if I really want to "waste" the points and this has helped. Good luck with staying OP, you CAN do it!

Katie: Our weather here has been pretty cool which is nice for walking. I don't look forward to the warm humid days of summer because it's harder for me to get outside and do my usual walking.

I went to my weekly meeting yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the scale...down another 1.6#!! I've finally hit the 140 and now onward to my personal goal. Hope everyone has a successful week!
Old 05-17-2001, 09:15 AM   #8  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, all. Work has been crazy, and I'm trying to get things tied up before a family vacation next week, so I haven't had time to post lately.

Melissa - I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Way to go on "clicking" to another 1.6 lb loss.

katie and seasaw - I'm in the same boat with you guys. I'm 5-10 lbs over the weight at which I'm comfortable. I'm actually 15 lbs over WW goal, but that goal is the lowest weight I'd ever want to me - I'd be comfortable just hovering near it somewhere.

So, here is my plan. I am too busy at work to exercise every day, so my compromise is that I will at least do situps every day, since my tummy is the area that really shows it when I am this far over goal. I did situps this morning on my bedroom floor, and it only took about 4 minutes. Second, I am going to journal everything I eat. This one is really hard for me to keep up with lately, for some reason, but I am committed to do it at least for one day today. Also, I need to drink all my water. It not only makes me feel more full during the day, but helps my skin stay healthy-looking also. So, if I do those three things today, I will consider it a very successful day. Oh, and it would be great to stay within my points range, but my snacking has been kind of out of control lately, so that goal is more aspirational than realistic at this point!!

Hope all is well with you guys. It's gonna be 91 degrees here in Texasa today - whew! I skipped the panythose today even tho my legs aren't tanned. I can't wait to get to the cool mountain air of Tahoe next week!

lalala - hello, and happy sailing, wherever you are!

Old 05-18-2001, 10:58 AM   #9  
Ready to Offer Support!

'Morning all!

Where is everybody? Getting an early start to a great weekend, I hope!

Well, yesterday I didn't meet all my goals. Eating was OK most of the day, but I went a little overboard on a midafternoon snack that turned into a little mini-binge on some leftover cheese from an office wine and cheese party. There is ALWAYS yummy food around this office - and I usually have so little willpower to resist!

Anyway, the situps are doing the trick - even tho I haven't lost any weight, my stomach looks a lot flatter (says DH).

Have a great weekend, everybody!
Old 05-18-2001, 11:55 AM   #10  

This board has been on the quiet side...I know I've been pretty busy with the end of the school year and the beginning of our crazy time with summer orientations.

I've been doing pretty well with my eating and I'm excited. I feel so much better when I'm staying on track. It's going to be a pretty busy weekend DH has a big rugby tournament that they're hosting in conjunction with the Highland Games here. It should be fun.

Does everyone have plans for Memorial Weekend? We're heading up to visit my cousin and her new baby daughter. I can't wait

Happy Friday everyone!
Closed Thread