Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 10:29 AM   #1  

Lightbulb

Good Tuesday Morning everyone!

Just wanted to jump in to tell a little story that may give some of us something to think about.

Last week I had to go to the hospital for a sleep test. The man that hooked all of the wires to me was huge, like a mountain. First, you need to understand that I am under 5' tall and he was at least 6'6" because his head just cleared the doorways by about 1/2 an inch. Like me, he was overweight, too, but maybe not on such a "grand scale" Ha, Ha, Ha. (Sorry, back to the story.) We had been talking about weight and he said that it is all in a person's attitude. He said that there had been a lady that worked there that had to weigh over 300 pounds, but she acted as though and truely thought that she was beautiful and sexy. He said she was very good natured and made friends easily. He said that she was wonderful and KNEW she was. There were also a couple of ladies that were very thin, but their poor attitudes kept co-workers at a distance. Seems that they were always complaining about fitting into a size 5, among other things.

I have to agree. I saw Catherine Manheim on a movie the last night. I realize that she is acting when she's on TV, but I still see how beautiful she really is. Being an overweight woman myself, I notice other overweight women. More times than not, they are very beautiful - inside and out - and tend to be respectful of others.

Sooo, we really do need to love ourselves, find value in ourselves, and know that we are worth the challenge. Maybe if we do that we will find it easier to take better care of ourselves.

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-24-2001, 02:38 PM   #2  

Hi 2ofme:

What a great story. The times of my life that I've felt beautiful and valuable, I have drawn people to me like a magnet. When I have felt unworthy and hid from people, I've been alone.

I also saw that movie last night and really appreciated how the writer delved into destroying the stereotypical myths about fat people.

I think I'm going to schedual a haircut and by some new glasses.

Have an OP day!
Citcat
Closed Thread