Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 09:38 PM   #1  

Hi, everyone. I've been away from this forum for quite a while, just as I've been away from Weight Watchers for a while. But this morning I went to the doctor and her scale said I was 11 pounds over my goal weight. I'd promised myself that anything more than 10 pounds over goal indicated a crisis for me, so I marched myself into the nearest WW at lunchtime.

I hadn't been to a meeting for about 10 months, and it felt good to be back in control. It was also good to see the changes in the program since last year. My determination is back!! I'm just glad that I was able to stop the gaining this time ... I lost 42 pounds when I was on program and I wasn't about to start the whole process over!

Looking forward to sharing and learning from you!

Tina
Old 04-12-2001, 01:11 PM   #2  

Well, congratulations on sticking to your plan, and getting yourself on track. You are the envy of many of us.

Liza
Old 04-13-2001, 12:41 PM   #3  
J0

Default Been there, done that . . .

Hi Tina.

Good for you for getting back on program before the damage gets any greater. I've been in your boat. A few months ago I found myself seven pounds over goal after maintaining for 2 years. I went back to weekly meetings (had been going monthly) and spent about $77.00 getting back to a few pounds under goal. It was well worth it.

I have come to believe that obesity is a chronic condition. Maintenance is challenging, and relapse will occur if I'm not vigilant. I'm glad I have the WW program to help me regain control.

I have no intention of regaining the 40 lb I lost.

Hang in there everyone.

Jo
Old 04-14-2001, 11:53 AM   #4  

I am hoping that some of you can help me build my motivation to get back on track. I have lost 64 lbs on WW, but have been off track for almost a week now. I was still exercising, until yesterday and today, when I slept in and just don't have time the rest of the day. (work) I am still about 5lbs under goal, but don't want to get any closer! I have finals for another week, and fully intend to get back on plan...but I am scared that now that I have eaten "normal food" for a week, I won't be able to do it!!! Has it been really hard for you all to get back on track again? Mentally, I know I have to do it, but emotionally I just don't feel like it! I allowed myself tomiss my first weekly weigh in last week, although I have been a lifetime member for about 4 months now. I justified it that I don't need that added stress right now. I plan to start attending meetings again the last week in april- so I will miss this week as well. Is that a super bad idea????? I am hoping to learn from the experiences of others!!!
Old 04-14-2001, 01:15 PM   #5  
REC

Saskie,

Finals are very important. If you think that TEMPORARILY, for THIS WEEK ONLY, that the WI will be too much added stress for you, miss it. After all you don't have to WI. But if you can, go to your meeting. However, if you are just using it as an excuse and it will cause a worse WI next week, please go this week.

My biggest fear with not keeping track weekly is that one bad week/ missed WI/ pounds gained will amplify to many bad weeks/ missed WI, etc.

Goalkeeper,

Way to go to get back to goal with only a small setback! It's a lot easier to lose 11 pounds than 42. I admire your resolve.
Old 04-15-2001, 10:37 AM   #6  

Saskie,

Hang in there. Sometimes we all need a mental break from counting points, planning meals, etc. Your choice to miss a meeting and allow yourself to go off program is OK because you seem aware that what you're doing is only temporary.

I think the real danger comes when we are no longer aware of the kinds of food we're eating or the poor choices we're making. That lack of awareness was the big contributor to my recent gains. My goal now that I'm back on track isn't to be perfect, but to be more aware.

And you must remember that you're still under goal. That's important! It's not an excuse to eat, but it also shows that you've kept things in check over the long term. Maybe reflecting on that accomplishment will help you get through this short-term challenge.

Good luck!

Tina
Closed Thread