Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 03:59 AM   #1  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Back and Ready for Action Crusade....

Hello Ladies ~smiling brightly~ WOW is the word that comes to mind! and a few acro´s to back it .......Welcome to Our World all you new posters! Willingly Overwhelmed Women! Wonderful Online Waist-watchers!! man oh man, errrrrrrrr Woman Oh Woman ~laughing~ okies i will stop there......

i dont know about you all but Danged if the previous thread didnt grow to humungous proportions!! (Yay us!) and it was getting hard for me to follow. seems like as i was reading people would be talking about things that i havent read yet and i would finally get to the post/posts they were talking about. did this happen for any of you? i truely hope you dont mind that i started a fresh thread for us. ~crosses everything she still can that they come post here~ i was getting so confuzzled over there. going to do my best on remebering whats going on with whom, please bare with me ~sheepish grin~

i have to agree that we are all on the same page as far as movitvation, water, exercise, SPELLING ~laughing and points to her tag~ and the will to make a lifestyle change!

Michelle i am a bit concerned about you too. before i even joined in on your thread i had read your post from the previous year and saw the same exhuberant woman full of vigor and life, and a gung ho attitude! i thought heck yeah! i´m with ya doll ~smiling~ and here is where my concern comes in. you are slipping right back in to where you ended up leaving last time. i see so many simularities between us, good and bad. and when i start thinking i got this down, no problem. i begin tweeking things here, and playing with it there......... my Kocky, Konfidance Kills. this time i seen it coming, took two weeks ~laughing~ but i am cocky and confidant ~winks n grinz~ its not a me thing its a we thing. i cant do it by myself, but we can! your last year posts are a journal of where you were, and where you could end up again. please i know you recently re-read your posts a few months back. but maybe you could give them another go and see the simularities. your a heck of a woman hun and i am coming to care for you lots!!

Cachee what can i say babes that you havent read already ~winks knowingly towards the queen of moitvation...queen of on her way to lean.. queen of kaos ~laughing~ i adores you and am still following in your footsteps.

Heller, i am so happy that your hubby is progressing so well after his surgery. and that you and he are in this lifestyle change together! me and mine are doing this together as well. i am sorry that things are so tight for you right now. we are here for you hun.

Day i love your posts. your no nonsense, stick-to-a-tiveness, good or bad days attitude, the keep on keepin on , no excuses for........ are just what i need to read. thank you for all the wise words tempered with warmth that you share ~smiling softly~

someone asked for 5 things that you like about yourself. what a wonderful question! i had thought it would be easy until i got stuck on 3 ~laughing~ its funny how quick we are to find our faults and use them to our advantage or disadvantage as the case may be. and so difficult to see the good in us. what others see or what draws others to us. so here are my 5, and yes i asked for help after 3........~winks n grinz~

1) i am an "Out-of-the Box" thinker. creative and craftsy, or crafty when i have to be ~laughing~ and i love that about me!!

2) forever the Optimist, glass is half full girl! life wont get me down, i become one with the Duck. letting things slip off my back like rain off a ducks feathers. ( okies this is a double edged sword here ..but if used for the good... GREAT thing.....nodnodnod)

3) i have a fabulous sense of humour and am NOT afraid to use it! ~laughing~

4) an open and giving nature. actively looking for ways for the betterment of those around me. from my nearest and dearest to little child who sits on the pony at the store wishing it would move. ( i am the one when walking by, slips the euro in........wink~)

5) i have the ability/gift to make people feel good about themselves. i adore being able to show them their something special and just how special they are.

the wordy, windy, wench has done it again. maybe if i posted more often i wouldnt have so much to say........... Doubt it! ~laughing~

wishing you all nothing but the very best that life has to offer, and hoping you will come over here and share those wonders with me.

sincerely,
sassy
Old 05-01-2004, 08:27 AM   #2  

Hello!

It's Saturday morning, and I went on a long walk through the community. Listened to some music, and made it a point of telling myself GOOD things about myself. I feel pretty calm right now. :-)

My home weigh-in was a disappointment . . . only down 1 lb. I know rationally that is because I'm bloated (PMS), and that adds a lb or two to my weight. But it's still a pain in the butt to not see the "good" numbers. Ah, well. At least it's a pound down, rather than a pound or two up.

Another day on program. :-)

Take care, all!
Old 05-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #3  

Sassy, I was so relieved when I read you had started a new post. I thought my computer was doing weird things again since it didn't list the number of pages!

I haven't posted in a couple of days - or even been reading the posts - so I'm behind in where all of you are.

I weighed in today and was down another pound. It's funny how once you start losing weight, you get impatient to see the scale go down faster than that and yet a month ago, my scale was certainly not going in that direction! I said when I started that I expected it to take me a year to get to goal - but now that I'm losing I want to have 20 pounds off NOW and start seeing big differences!

I'm trying to focus on the small differences that I'm seeing already with 9 pounds gone. Starting to feel some loosening in some of my clothes. I'm also trying to focus on this being a LEARNING process. I'm learning what works and doesn't work for me in exercising. I was trying to exercise when I got home from work even though I've always prefered mornings - but I really like/need to do some journaling and meditating in the mornings and couldn't do it all without getting up at 4 AM. And that was definitely NOT going to happen! So I tried the exercising after work. Well, it wasn't working - it was too hard and I was too tired, etc. etc. So this week it dawned on me that I could split it up - I'm trying to do the treadmill in the morning, and the journaling. And when I get home, the weights or yoga and the meditating. I'll let you know how that works.

The important thing to me is that I'm going to keep trying until I find the routine that works for me. That's the key to me - instead of struggling with things that aren't working, and feeling like a failure - try something else! There'a a great quote - "The sign of mental illness - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

So, friends, let's all try something different this week!
Cris
Old 05-02-2004, 09:01 AM   #4  

I just noticed there are two threads we are posting on. Which one are we using? Some people are posting here and some are posting on the other one.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Okay ladies, I'll start posting here, as I was having problems with the old thread also. Shut down the computer thinking it would fix it, but no go. Thanks Sassy for starting it and everyone come on in!

It's Sunday, so we all know what that means??? Challenge check in time. Here I go:

1. Water, no problem.
2. Exercise, no problem--working out 6 days a week, for at least 30 minutes a day, more like 60 on the weekdays.
3. Checked in daily all week.
4. Weigh in was down one pound, to 232.5 on home scales. Total loss now at 6, only 9 more to go.
5. Shaving a point was a little tough this week. It's a priority for me this week.

Sassy: Great on the 5 things list. It's hard to remember how good we are sometimes, when all we see is the negative. I love your positive attitude, and know if we lived closely, our hubbys would get mad at all the time we would spend together!! Keep up the good work, as the wedding is right around the corner.

Heather: Right there with you on the PMS thing. But hey, a loss is a loss and we'll take it, right? Just keep on struggling with us and we'll get there soon enough!

Cris: I break up my exercise also. 30 minutes on the Gazelle in the am, two 15 minute power walks at work, then biking or walking with my neighbors and son at night for around 30-45 minutes. It's so much easier and I am seeing much greater results as I keep my metabolic rate up several times a day.

Had the bridal shower here yesterday. About 20 people showed up and it was wonderful. Someone brought me purple tulips. What a wonderful gift! I love purple, it's my fave color, and it was May Day yesterday, so all the better. I ate so OP it wasn't even funny! Then went out to dinner and slipped a little! Hey, that lasagna was calling my name!!!!!

My goal this week and until further notice is to conquer my scale addiction. My physical stuff is falling into place and now I need to focus on my mental demons! I will be victorious....I will succeed!

Take care!

Chach
Old 05-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #6  

Default ok this is where we are landing....

Well, I haven't been around much but I'm glad I found everyone. I have been really busy, but aren't we all. Anyway, I've been in so many challenges I forget what and where. But I marked down on my calender 4/18 start 6/6 end and I am supposed to be down 12 lbs. I am doing fine with the water and the exercise. The points are hard to track because I don't journal. Just seems like one more annoyance in a busy day. How do you all do it. I made exercise a habit. That was tough but is getting easier. The water was a little easier. But journalling the food is tough. I have to take medication 30 mins before I eat and I screw that up at least once a day. I take a lot of meds and journalling is my downfall. I should be tracking my blood sugars more, (I'm diabetic) and the journalling would help me see what was good and what wasn't yet I just don't. It's got to be a mental block. I've go 9lbs to go on the challenge and I'm going to have to work really hard. My scale sucks. It's a cheap digital and I have to get on and off 3x and take and average because it can range 1-3 lbs different everytime.

Chachi, I think thats a great idea about breaking up the exercise. I usually exercise in the morning and then after work. Nights are bad. By the time I'm done with dinner, it's tv and bed. But I was reading that you take a couple of 15 min power walks at work. How do you keep from sweating and going back to work. I get an hour lunch and that would be a good idea. But I don't want to go back to the office sweating and looking like it.

Sassy, you are right. We need to remember, we are good and we work hard at it. Thanks.

Heather, TOM or Aunt Flow as I now call it. What a PIA(pain in the *%#) My cycle is vicious. I start PMS about 10 days prior. Not the nasties, but I get the low back pain and the hip pain that affects my walking a time. I have some small cysts that enlarge with my cycle and wreak havoc. Then 7-9 days of Aunt Flow. This is why I'm so anemic. The doc has me coming in to discuss some surgical(hystorectomy(sp?) and non-surgical proceedures. I'm nervous because I think he's leaning towards surgery but something has to be done. And on top of all that Aunt Flow bring along 3-4 lbs. So don't fret the 1-2 lbs. It could be worse. You'll be fine and you'll continue to lose. It's work but we can do it.

I know I haven't addressed everyone but I need to go. Hopefully I will be able to pop in again later.

Enjoy your sunday. ttyl
Old 05-03-2004, 03:35 PM   #7  

Default Monda report

Hi There!
I'm glad someone posted on the other thread, finally, that a new thread had started. I'd still be there, sadly, wondering where you all went.
Please try to post if a new thread is started right away on the old thread so we don't lose each other again.
Donna, you asked how people who journal do it. Well, I don't always enter everything I eat all day as I eat it. I will write in breakfast as I am making breakfast and then catch up on my journal mid-afternoon or early evening for the entire day. I am a good journal person, though, and don't accidentally forget things, etc. I don't bother with logging in my water, as I just drink it with every single meal and all day sipping.
Tomorrow is my ww meeting. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my indulgences of the weekend don't affect me all that much. I really would be so happy to have a loss.
I'm doing well today, didn't finish my treadmill as I ran out of time this morning, but I left it unfolded and it is "open" in the bedroom every time I walk in there. When I get off line, in fact, my next project after a laundry "thing" is to finish my walking and perhaps do some extra.
Donna asked how one would walk at lunchtime and not come back in all hot and sweaty. Good questions. I'd like to know that as well. I don't work, but always do my workouts before my shower so I can deal with that issue.
If you work in an air conditioned building that is large, perhaps you could walk the corridors or stairs? Just an idea.
If you have a long enough lunch "hour" and there is a mall nearby, one could do mall walking in air conditioned comfort?
Just throwing out some ideas.
Linda, hoping to be a "loser" tomorrow
Old 05-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

Donna: I walk outside here on my 15 minute breaks. I walk fast enough that I get a little red-faced and winded. I guess my answer to you about the sweating thing is this: I have a towel here at work that once I get back inside, I put it down on my chair in case my back sweats through or my quads. I am fortunate that I live in AK and it was only 50 outside today and my office is very air conditioned. I also do a little cool-down the last couple of minutes before I get inside. Helps to slow the heart rate and calm the sweating. Does that help?? I also have to average my scales at home. I figure third time is a charm!

Linda: Good luck on the weigh in. I'm right behind you with Wednesday night being my weigh in. I am sure the scales will be forgiving of your indulges!

I'm trying very hard to stay off the scales. As weigh in approaches, it gets tougher. I feel like if I don't know, I'm going to freak out. It's PMS week for me, also, and I usually maintain on those weeks. Ugh, please keep your fingers crossed for me as we are for Linda.

Great job everyone and hopefully everyone will find the new thread soon!

Chach
Old 05-03-2004, 10:03 PM   #9  

Good evening all,
I'm just writing to let you know I made it. I entered each meal into my food journal and I drank all my water. The only thing I didn't accomplish was the exercise. I got home after school and started some housework and didn't get outside. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Well, it's time to retire for the night so I can get up and start it all over again tomorrow. Wish me luck. Sherry
Old 05-04-2004, 08:49 AM   #10  

Default Tuesday

Good Morning Everyone.

When I worked walking also was an issue. I came back too sweaty to be around for the rest of the day. Now that I have retired that is not a problem. So glad the treadmill is coming today. We moved some furniture around yesterday so it can be in the house and not in the garage like the old one was. I now plan on getting on the treadmill several times a day instead of just doing my regular 2 mile walk. I will try three 1 mile walks a day.

Sunday was so hot here we had the air conditioner on. Monday was cold rainy and damp and we had the heat on. Today is also cold, heat is still on, but it is sunny and windy.

Have managed to stay away from the scale since Sunday. But I still don't journal as I should. When I went to the weekly meetings I did it faithfully. But as I said before that was when I had all my weight to lose. Now that I am trying to lose what I regained, I am very lax in that. But will keep at it as best I can.

Glad you all have found our new spot. Hope the rest can find us. By the way, I love all your self assessments. I think we rock.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:58 AM   #11  

Hi Dotti
I'm hoping that the change in the weather will get me out there walking. As I said last evening there just aren't enough minutes in the day. I know that we are to make exercise a priority and I'm going to work on that. Tonight I am going to mow. That might have to be the exercise for the day.
I was proud of myself yesterday for making it the whole way through. Getting on here really helps. I have a very positive attitude today and I know I will make it again. Thanks for all of your support. Sherry
Old 05-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #12  

Hi Sherry,

So glad you feel motivated by sharing with us. I too find that so helpful. There will be times we fall down, but we can get back up. We are all struggling with the same demons.

Your first day back went well. Going on vacation and only gaining what you did is good. I probably would have gained 3 times that.

Mowing is exercise. Count that in. Have a good day.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #13  

Sassy....sorry if I've seemed to be MIA lately....first off....didn't realize we had started a new thread, so I was still posting in the origional one....second...y'all know I don't have time on the weekends to post....and third I really take offense to what you said at the beginning of this thread about me slipping off......in fact I'm actually very upset about it...considering I came on yesterday and posted that I was actually down to the lowest weight all year. Yes, I haven't been posting as much...but mostly that's because my butt has been out exercising, instead of sitting at the computer screen!!! But, Hey, I guess you know what your talking about right?!!
This probably seems really harsh, but have to say this whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way....it's one thing to give constructive criticism, and encouragement....it's a whole different ball game to jump to conclusions! Well that said and venting done....I'm going to go post with what my normal positve attitude was going to be in the old thread before I read that!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #14  

Michelle,

I just went to the other thread and read your post. WOW girl, You are doing great. To be the lowest weight of this year. How good that feels. So glad your birthday was special and the quilt trip fun. That bridesmaid dress is going to pale compare to you.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:09 AM   #15  

Default Just back from the ww meeting and then out in a few moments again.....

I really wasn't going to post until later, but did want to say that, Michelle, don't take what was said the wrong way. I am the queen of getting on and off ww and gaining weight back, starting over, etc. I need my butt kicked very hard, daily.
I think what was said was meant to keep you on track and not to pick at you.
You seem to be doing quite well and please do keep on track and keep being a "loser".
You are important to all of us and we need each other, ok?
At any rate, have to leave for my mammogram in a few moments, gosh I am dreading it. Oh well, it will be over and I'll be on my way in no time?
Have a decent weigh in at ww, though down to 159, lost 1.6 pounds. Considering how "bad" I was over the weekend that was pretty darn good!
Well, gotta go, will probably post later on.
Hang in there everyone.
Linda
Closed Thread