Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default hello, new here

I am interested in starting ww's but cannot afford the meetings. is there a website to go on to find a chart? also i am nursing a 6 month old baby, is there a different program?

angela
Old 03-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #2  

I believe the on-line tools are cheaper than the meetings. I do WW on-line and I love it!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #3  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Okay, I know that there is a site with all the points but I'm not sure where. If you know the nutritional info you can figure out points.
(calories/50) - (Fibre/5) + (Fat/12) = Points (round to nearest whole number)
How many points you get per day depends on your weight and nursing increases it. What do you weigh and are you just nursing or giving some other milk? I'll figure out your points for you. Sometimes you can find the info package on eBay. There are basic keys to follow if you want ot know more just let me know. Oh and there are Flexpoints and Activity Points. Jsut let me know.

Diana
Old 03-30-2004, 11:00 AM   #4  

Ya know there are so many tools online at your fingertips that aren't going to cost you an extra dime.....this site is amazing, and also www.dwlz.com or the weight watchers site itself has tons of info, messege boards, chat, and recipes. Worse case scenario...go to one meeting, get the books and slide rule, and then decide if you want to go back.....there's no contracts at mine, so if you quit going, you quit going....you'll still have the books and points counter to get the job done at home....then you can find an online support group or messege board and dig in!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:57 PM   #5  

Try www.journaltosuccess.com - it's a great site for on line journalling. One of the things you can do is set your weight range (especially if you're nursing) and it will give you the points range. You fill in your daily log for what you eat, and on the activity log it will calculate activity points for you and work that into your total. There are also on line calculators that you can use as well to figure out the points in things. Most of it can be found free. I haven't used eTools, but the price is about the same as going ot a meeting. For people who do a lot of recipe cooking, it's great for figuring out points to things, but I'm not the type to cook like that, so I dind't see the point in it for me.

Anyhow, good for you for deciding to get on a program. WW is the sanest one around, so any questions, let us know and I'm sure someone will have an answer, or an idea of where to go for one!

Old 03-30-2004, 11:52 PM   #6  

Dewcan. As of Sunday I was 159 lbs and my son is exclusively breast fed. No formula at all. Strickly breastfed. And if it matters I'm 5'7 and wanting to get to 140 lbs.

Angela
Old 03-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #7  
A Mom

Okay, right now my stuff is next to sleeping baby so I'll check it once he's up.
Diana
Old 03-31-2004, 11:05 AM   #8  
A Mom

Okay, 32 points per day for your weight and breastfeeding, of course you still have the 35 flexpointsfor the week to use whenever. Once baby starts taking other food, start ot decrease your points. For a non-breastfeeding mom, it's 22 points. Don't go low as it will affect your milk supply.
Congrats on doing so well already, you're less then 20 away from goal, you can definitely do it.
Diana
Old 04-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #9  

Thanks very much!!

Angela
Closed Thread