Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:57 PM   #1  

Default lovepasta

Well I finally went back to WW But my first week I gained a pound But I'm going to stick to it.
I have lost 75lbs. on this program and think it is the best for losing weight. I have gained 20 lbs. back so I want to lose some of it before my daughters wedding at the end of May. I know the reason for gaining the 20 pounds is I just want off the program and didn't get enough exercise in. Now I know what I did wrong so I'M trying to fix it. I will do this again.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, and welcome to 3FC!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm sorry you've regained some, but it's great that you were able to realize what you were doing wrong, and stop it before it continued. We're constantly learning, aren't we?

Good luck!!
Old 04-02-2004, 12:30 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome lovepasta!

I am doing ww too. Same thing happened to me - lost 30 lbs- stopped the program, gained 20lbs back But I am determined to do it and keep it off this time!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:41 PM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Talking Welcome Lovepasta!

I have to agree with you that WW is the very best program going! I lost 43 pounds on it in April, 2002 (reached Lifetime) and then turned around and thought I was immune to gaining (Silly Me!!!! ) and put back on 13 pounds of it! I'm back on program now. Attending meetings, and being accountable for what goes into my mouth. I know you can do this....and I'm rooting for you, hon'!
Good Luck!
Old 04-02-2004, 10:01 PM   #5  

Welcome Lovepasta!

I hear you guys - I lost 35 lbs back a while ago and stopped - not really sure why - luckily I only gained back 7 or so. Rejoined at the beginning of March and have still been putzing, but still down from where I started. Now I'm serious - made menues for the next few days using the collection of WW cookbooks - will put my new foodsaver to work!

You can do it - you've already proven that!
Old 04-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #6  

Hi all you weight watcher buddies. I lost 69 lbs from May 2002 to May 2003. Maintained very well until the holidays started beginning with Thanksgiving 2003. By the middle of January 2004 I had gained 12 lbs. I would start and be perfect for 2 days then go off. So needless to say those 12 lbs are now 20.

But I am determined they will not go any higher than that. And they will come OFF! Started walking again when the weather cooperates.

For me weight watchers is the only way I can do it. I did try the low carb, etc., but I couldn't maintain on them.

Good luck to all of you. I hope to check back with you all and together we can accomplish this again.

Last edited by dav310; 04-03-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:59 PM   #7  

How is everyone's weekend going?

So far I've been within my points, but not necessarily in the most balanced fashion. Made a crockpot pulled pork recipe from the WW slow cooker recipe book - it was awsome! Made a double recipe so I can freeze some for future meals using my new toy - a Foodsaver! Tomorrow I'm gonna make another WW recipe for Ratatouille Lasagna - again - tomorrow's dinner and future meals.

Now, if I approached exercise with as much enthusiasm as i do cooking I'd be skinny I'll bet! lol
Old 04-03-2004, 07:55 PM   #8  

Smile Thanks.

Thank all of you for making me feel so welcome to this wed page.
I know I will be able to do this now. I'll let all of you know how I did at the weigh in on Tuesday.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:38 PM   #9  

Welcome and welcome back to being on program. As you can see, you're not the only one who's been down this road, and has learned from that. I love 75lbs in 98-99 then stalled and thought I could do it on my own. I learned otherwise, but not before I gained it all back and then some friends I really didn't need to see.

You're at a good point where you've learned the lesson without having to go the whole road back like I have. (It's amazing the blinders we can put up when we don't want to see things, isn't it?) So the important part is your back on program. Coming here is a great start, and you'll find a lot of good advice from people here.

Good luck with the Tuesday weigh in!
Closed Thread