Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 10:44 AM   #1  

Cool

Hi i finally got here, couldn't get to new site ha o well. i am liz and i need to get rid of 150lbs, go to weight watchers but am alone alot [hubby works wierd shifts] and i feel like me and the fridge are best friends. need someone to talk to. i am friendly, a mom to 2 sons and spouses and a BB[ grandma] to 2 adorable girls- jordan 6 and jenna 2. if you have time please email me [email protected] thanks liz
Old 03-28-2001, 12:37 PM   #2  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, Liz, and welcome! This is a very friendly place. Just pick one of the discussion groups and jump in. I hang around the "200 in 2001" thread; there's also the "100+ to go" group. Because I'm a slow loser, I also post regularly to the "Turtle Club" over in the "Other groups" part of this site. There are also groups for people of different ages. Just shop around, see which groups work best for you -- and dive in!

Another friendly weight-loss site is at www.dottisweightlosszone.com. Start with the "Daily Thread" and check out all the other groups there, too. There's a LOT of support out here; we're all in the same boat.

It's especially tough if you're at home a lot alone. I've been there, and I gained a LOT of weight doing that. Can you get out much, maybe do volunteer work or part-time work somewhere? That helped me a lot.

Anyway, welcome!

--Lauren
274/215/down
Old 03-28-2001, 11:47 PM   #3  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

hi there,
yep i am sitting here fighting the urge to hit the fridge, i and know there is ice cream in there screaming my name!!!!!!! Its time for me to go to bed, it is so hard when the fridge is calling me louder than the bed!!!!!! I know exactly how you feel, please post often, i usually try and check several times a day.

Marion
252/228.6/126 :-)
Old 03-30-2001, 12:08 AM   #4  

It helps me to not buy the stuff that calls my name. Yeah, takes some willpower, but I think I'm worth it. My kids have gotten to the point that they expect good snacks now, apples & bananas & the like, instead of cookies and ice cream. Sure, i take them out and buy them a cone once in a while, but I don't keep it in the house.

Hang in there. You just have to get thru one day at a time. You can do it!
Old 04-01-2001, 10:34 AM   #5  

Hey parrot lover!!

I have a Moluccan and a Yellow Nape!! I just love them. I will no doubt add a Grey one day as well. I too have over 100 to lose. Maybe 130 or so. I am thinking about rejoining WW this week. I get scared to fail though, I have before sooo many times. But I need to do something. Hang in there. Many people make it on WW and you can be one of them.
Old 04-01-2001, 11:34 AM   #6  

Default THANKS

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE, IF ANYONE WANTS TO EMAIL FEEL FREE, [email protected] HAVE A GREAT DAY LIZ
Old 04-03-2001, 09:43 AM   #7  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!
Welcome parrot lover! We are friendly critters here, so do join in when you need a friend.
I have a 19 yr young double yellow head. The honeymoon is over as she likes to bite my child, so I won't say I'm a parrot lover, too.
While I agree about not having some of those redlight foods in the house, we also have to learn how to be "bigger than the ice cream" or whatever food.

And by all means, get out of the house! I started walking last year and now have two walking buddies who just saw me out and wanted to join in. You CAN do this. You ARE worth it!

All the best!
Old 04-03-2001, 12:23 PM   #8  

Default Dora

Hi Dora,

About your birdie trouble.......Sorry. I hate to hear that, it does happen though. I could give you a couple suggestions if you dont mind. First, have you heard of "The Pet Bird Report" Its a mag that deals with behavior issues like this, great advice in there.
www.petbirdreport.com ...
www.birdsnways.com/wisdom/index.htm#toc

About your problem. I dont know the age of your child or the way she has responded to the bird that would play a big part in the relationship. If your child has been kind to the bird and the bird has responded in a negative way you could try the neutral room technique You would put your child with the bird on a perch lower than your child in a room that the bird has not established territory (bedroom?) The child would have treats. and spend time talking sweet. Then the step ups begin. Your child would ask the bird to step up, several times using the ladder technique. This is a good way to begin a relationship with a bird that does not like you
by asking the bird to step up you are showing the bird that you are in control, not the bird

Please read lots of Sally's stuff (PBR) You can make the relationship happier for all. Just get informed
If I can help further let me know. Parrots are a wonderful pet. Some folks just need to learn some ideas to help things along.
Old 04-03-2001, 02:37 PM   #9  

Default DOING GOOD

Hi all thanks again the support is great. i will tell you a little about me, i am 45, married for 29yrs, have 2 grown sons, 2 daughter in laws, 2 granddaughters- jordan is 6 and jenna is 2. my zoo consists of 2 cats 2 dogs and 3 parrots-a blue crowned conure, a blue fronted amazon and a 6 week old senegal that joined me on fri. she is so cute and sweet. doing better on ww have only lost 6 lbs will see if any more tomorrow night. have a good day and thanks again. liz
Old 04-03-2001, 06:06 PM   #10  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!
Liz, thanks for the parrot tips. I might be able to convince my daughter to try this. Only catch is I can't hover nearby. The bird is jealous of our relationship!! When my DD was born, Cookie would drag herself onto the couch, climb my shoulder, and bite the crap out of ME when I was nursing! Cass used to be able to kiss Cookie, until one day I was close by and Cookie decided to take a major hunk out of her lip!! Today, if I stay back, Cass can offer the bird a treat. But she has to hand it off, not put it into the cage. Wierd rules. Hubby can be near, just not me. Guess who the bird loves?

Hey, a word of weight loss advice. There is no such thing as "only" when discussing losses. All you gotta do is look at a pound of butter and realize that it really is alot, just spread out really thin.

You'll get there, the journey has just begun.
Old 04-06-2001, 07:02 PM   #11  

Default hello

hi all i am doing ok didn't lose a thing this week its going so slow, its depressing,any ideas. i am the happy mommy of ayla, she is a baby senegal 7 weeks old now and she is handfeeding now. she is so sweet and cuddly. she joins cody- 9yr old blue crowned conure and zoey- 9 month old blue front amazon. well hope all are good and doing well liz
Old 04-19-2001, 02:57 PM   #12  

Default HELLO

HI EVERYONE, HOW ARE YOU? I AM FINE, WEIGHED IN LAST NIGHT, -3 LBS. I WAS SHOCKED, THATS 9LBS IN 6 WEEKS, NOT COMING OFF FAST BUT AT LEAST A LITTLE IS LEAVING, IT IS THE HARDEST THING EXCEPT HAVING 2 BABIES THAT I HAD TO DO IN MY LIFE. WEATHER HERE IS STILL CHILLY BUT WILL TRY TO GET OUT AND WALK. HAVE A GREAT DAY LIZ
Old 04-19-2001, 04:46 PM   #13  

parrot lover: Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Now that you're in a routine, keep up the good work. Nine pounds off is way better than nine on.

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-20-2001, 10:38 PM   #14  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Great Job Liz.... Annie said it "9 off is better than 9 on"
The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend... great for walking! I am following the book called "The 90 day Fitness Walking Program" I found it on Amazon and it's great. I will try to attach the link here but not sure if it'll work. It was written by "Mark Fenton and Seth Bauer". It's a great plan to begin a walking program.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...305569-8908941
Kim
Closed Thread