Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 08:22 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - January 19, 2004

Good morning ladies. It's snowing here this morning. Nothing too treacherous, just enough to make things looks bright and clean, and for DH to finally put the new snowblower to the test tonight - provided it doesn't turn to rain.

How was your weekend? The highlight of mine was going to the doctor yesterday and getting antibiotics for this cold which was not getting any better. They're already making a difference; I feel almost human today.

I also weighed in on Saturday. Down .2 - not great, but at least in the right direction. I got the fast track material but haven't decided yet whether I want to try it. I have resolved to weigh-in every week til I reach my personal goal. That should help to keep me on track.

Last edited by Seasaw; 01-19-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's snowing here, too, Susan! I hope the antibiotics help and that you're back to your old self really soon! As far as giving the fast track a try--maybe get back into the groove of meetings, etc. and then try it. As I said before, it takes some planning. Congrats on the loss!

Yesterday was nice and the roads were clear so I ventured out to the mall. I want to head back again today sometime. There are some great sales and I saw a suitcase that I could really use. I also found a pair of slacks marked down from $36 to $15! Gotta love a deal!

Hi to Domina, Lala!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, I hope you are on the way to good health. Snow--yuck! Congrats on the .2 loss. As you said, you're headed in the right direction.

Melissa, I so love a deal.

I've asked before--what is Fast Track?? I went to a meeting and they were out of the CD's that some people got. What is it??

I did good exercise-wise this weekend. That helped because I ate like an oink.

I was also busy, so that always burns up calories. I walked 8 miles on Saturday. Then I went to a filming for a video I'm in. On Sunday, I sang in a concert. Sunday night was early to bed!

Hi to lala.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:03 PM   #4  

Domina: You can eat like an as long as you're doing things to use up the energy. Eight miles - I'm impressed.

As for Fast Track, Melissa will probably be able to explain it better than I can. From what I've seen, you basically eat your 20 points (if you're below 150 lbs), no flexpoints. There are two weeks of sample menus, one that leans toward more protein and the other toward higher carbs. I haven't tried it because I'm not sure that it represents enough food for me. Instead, I've resolved to sticking to the original plan (with no unaccounted for extras) and using the flexpoints when and if I need them.

Melissa: Congrats on your good deal. Your London trip is creeping up nicely, isn't it. Good time to be buying luggage; I got a nice piece before Christmas for $20!!

lala: Speaking of London, aren't you heading that way again this week? I swear, I don't know how you ever regulate your sleep with all of the travelling you do over such a large portion of the planet!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #5  

Domina: Basically you follow whichever plan works best for you high protein or carbs. If you can get a hold of one of the sheets that they have (action sheets I believe they're called) you could follow that as it's the same thing with the exception of not using your flex points. Tomorrow I'll add the link to the WW page that I have bookmarked and you can print out the sheets. It's pretty basic and you do get more than enough to eat. I struggled to finish my food because it was bulky and I wasn't used to eating 5 points for breakfast/5 for lunch/10 for dinner. It's worth the extra effort. The DVD is the exercise portion of the Fast Track. I don't have a DVD player so I didn't use it.

Susan: Yes, London is creeping up rather quickly...I think I'm below 40 days now. I'm getting excited. They're having a organizational meeting this coming Sunday and they're going to discuss side trips, etc. Only down side for me is that I'll just be getting back from Chicago and I don't know that I'll be able to get to the meeting.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:55 AM   #6  

Good morning.

I had an OP day yesterday. Now if i can just get another four in before my next weigh-in on Saturday. Would dearly love not to have to pay, but I think that's expecting a bit much.

The antibiotics seem to be working. I'm pretty excited about going to the run clinic tonite - it will be my first run in two weeks! I'm a bit concerned about keeping up with the group, but the instructor had some good suggestions which should get me back up to speed safely.

Melissa: Guess fast track works well for some and not others. I find 20 points a day a little low. I did make it through yesterday with that amount, but don't think I could do it consistently over two weeks.

Domina: Made any decisions regarding the Halifax marathon yet? I notice there's a bit more information on the website now. My reward when I get to my personal goal will be to buy new running gear for the race. I want to look good in case I die from exertion

I'm supposed to be heading out of town on a business trip tomorrow. We're watching the weather though and will not go if the roads aren't good. This time of year, it's just not worth the risk.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:19 AM   #7  

Thanks for the info, Melissa. I just didn't understand what Fast Track was. I guess it's a kickstart! Woo-hoo, London's beckoning.

Susan, I haven't checked the website. I'll take a look. We haven't made a decision yet. Regarding your running outfit, you sound like me at golf. I always say that I play poorly, but I sure look good on the course.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:30 AM   #8  

38 days and counting for London

Domina: Here's the link to the ww site that has the info: http://www.weightwatchers.com/downlo...atingGuide.pdf

Susan: I will admit that holding at 20 with no flex points takes work; for you it's probably hard especially with training for a marathon. Good for you for having an OP day yesterday! Keep up the good work and let's hope you won't have to pay on Saturday.

Another cold day here and more snow on the way--the roads have been treacherous and I find it's better to stay put. I have a short week this week as I'll be heading to Chicago on Friday morning.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:36 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the Fast Track explanation. I didn't get a very thorough explanation today when I asked. In fact, I was told to eat all my activity points and nothing about restricting flex points.

Hmm.

Well, I'm pooped after last week and I really do have work to do. I suppose I should start cracking my own personal whip. Sometimes I wish I had a micromanager for a boss.

Susan -- A loss is a good thing. I'm glad you had a OP day and more to come.

Domina -- what kind of video are you in? This sounds interesting.

Melissa -- I will scout around your general area, but its lively and close to Kensington Palace, Hyde Park, on three tube lines (central (marble arch (shopping), tottenham court road (close to covent garden), district (kew gardens, westminster, chelsea, embankement), circle (central london stations) and some good bus service down oxford street to the shopping and sights.

Susan - its true I'm off on Thursday am. and other than seeing a friend from LA and getting a haircut, I'm not sure why I am dragging my carcass 12,500 miles away from home and back. Its certainly not for the airline food or my lounge amenites.

As for time zones, its really not so bad.

I weighed down 1# which is good considering this weekend's main food groups were:
baklava, pizza and old fashioned donuts.

more later,

lala
Old 01-20-2004, 04:48 PM   #10  

Melissa, thanks for the Fast Track information.

lala, the video is a safety video. A man at another company (not mine) wanted to produce interesting safety videos because most of the ones in existence are so boring. He sent out an appeal to local actors/actresses, so I signed up. The video consists of short segments that are satirical/comical. It's been fun and sometimes frustrating because we think something went well and we need to do it over again. That's show biz. : )
Congrats on the loss.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:35 AM   #11  

How interesting Domina. It's a great idea to use humour to make a point about something serious. Safety videos (the traditional ones anyway) are among the most boring things on the planet.

Good loss lala. I'm hoping to record one too this week provided I can stay on the straight and narrow.

Am a bit bummed out this morning regarding my running program. It was clinic night last night, the first time I've been out for a run in two weeks. To make a long story short, I tanked about halfway through. The route was uphill to begin with, not all that steep but completely exposed to the elements and my asthma kicked in big-time, despite the fact that I had used the inhaler before the run. After 4 puffs with little or no improvement, I headed back to the store to wait for the group.

I shouldn't be too disappointed given that I've been sick, but I am anyway.

Thanks for the link Melissa. It seems to have a bit more information that what was in the package I received.

Heading out of town today. See you on Friday.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Domina-- You are multitalented, you go girl!

Susan -- Asthma is a tough one and adding bitter cold, wind and maybe smog? doesn't help anyone. I'm relieved to hear that your attack was over quickly (maybe not quick enough for you) and you were able to just get back to the store. Hey, you made it halfway through and that is better than 92% of the population!

Nothing going on here, must deal with some unpleasant loose ends at work and then get ready to go. I am using a really small bag this time, right now its full of emergen-C fizzy powder for colds and zip lock bags. Doesn't leave much room for clothes.

I am going to the groucho club in London on Saturday night. I have nothing very bling to wear, so I hope they take me in jeans, sweater and kitten boots. As I was denied access to the Ritz on my last visit due to my jeans, maybe I'll take a pair of black pants instead.

Melissa -- ditto on the thanks for the link! I am going to try this program starting on Monday. I have been trying, but I have not gotten a good answer - can you eat your activity points on the fast track?

lala
Old 01-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #13  

Domina/Lala If you can give it a shot really try the Fast Track! I was down another pound today taking me to 135.6!!!! I've lost 7.8 using the High Protein plan. I'm finished with the 2 weeks so now I'm going to incorporate some "regular" meals i.e. recipes into the daily plan. I want to maintain here As far as AP's go--The memo I received from our territory said members should try to not eat their AP's. I would think if you're doing some heavy-duty exercise you might want to use a few of the AP's if you need to. The plan is designed to not use your Flex Points. As I said, it takes some planning but it's worth it.

The yellow package that was distributed is basically the sheets I gave you the link for; the sheets have Flex & AP's on them. Just disregard that and follow the 20 points.

The sun is peeking out here and it's a cool 18 F; I'll take sun & cold over the snow & ice.

Lala: Have a good trip!

Susan: I can't imagine trying to run in cold temps--my breath gets taken away just walking!
Old 01-21-2004, 04:38 PM   #14  

lala, thanks. Sorry, but what is bling?

Melissa, 18 degrees??? That makes me shiver. Congrats on your weight loss. You are really doing well-Fast Track poster child.

Susan, I don't know how you run in that weather at all.

It looks like all of you are just traveling fools. In a couple weeks, I'm headed to Salt Lake City for a conference.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:37 PM   #15  
si, si signora

Bling bling -- you know, expensive jewels, bags, the stuff that you really should be slinging away in your 401K, not on your body.

As for Melissa -- wow! Good for you. I actually think I could do this if I was allowed to eat my activity points too. However, I'll try anything for two weeks.

Okay, I'm off for a while. Domina darling, I have never been to Salt Lake City, so I would actually like to go!

lala
Closed Thread