Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 03:48 PM   #1  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Angry Christmas Challenge?

Hello everyone!

I'm setting a Christmas Challenge for myself! Does anyone want to jump on the sleigh with me? Let's make a future weight load easier on the reindeer.

I'm currently at 201 pounds, and want to be 175 on Christmas Day. Yes, there is the bumps of Halloween candy and Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing, but I'm determined!

I'm planning on religious journaling, going to the YMCA 5x a week, and steering clear of the dreaded Pizza Hut!

Come on... who's with me?
Sarah
Old 10-18-2003, 09:55 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Wow, I thought we could do the Thanksgiving challenge first.

My goal is to be down to about another 8 lb by Xmas. That is really stretching it for me, but we can dream can't we? We're spending the holidays not at home, so other than trying to keep on the straight and narrow with walking, getting down before we start eating all that fine food will be a good thing.

Then again, what a way to keep my hands off the butter cookie dough and out of the hot toddy mix.

Journalling, bumping up the exercise and cutting down on the processed food products are my goals. No pizza hut for me, but say bye bye to the diet coke.

lala
8 days and no visits to the vending machine at work
Old 10-19-2003, 03:39 AM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Talking Me, I'm up for a challenge!

Hello Sarah and lala. I'd love to join a challenge for Xmas (and Halloween and Thanksgiving for that matter). My goal is to be down 16.5 lbs by Christmas, to 170. I am a newbie to the WW program and just started on 10/4/03. With my second full week ( and 3rd weigh in) I have lost a total of 5.2 lbs so far. I am loving this program and hope this is the life changer for me.

My plan is to just stay OP and keep my water intake at or above 120 oz per day. Oh yeah, and keep the desserts and sweets to a minimum during the week (even though they may be lowfat, they still have calories eh?)

Here's to wishing Santa'll bring us some new, smaller clothes
Old 10-19-2003, 12:44 PM   #4  
si, si signora

cute user name Mele....

started my not so hot morning off with a smile.

lala
Old 10-21-2003, 03:00 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

Hey everyone. I had a not too great weekend with family parties and all, but I weigh in on either Friday or Saturday mornings so I have a week to stay OP and exercise to get some of the bloat off. (I used almost half of my flex points on Sunday!) How's everyone else doing?

And about this Xmas challenge...do you gals check in weekly to report your losses or pop in whenever you do your weigh-in? Just curious. Well, hope to see more life here.

Aloha
Old 10-21-2003, 03:59 PM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Count me in! I want to be 8 pounds thinner by Christmas. Well really I want to be 70 pounds by Christmas, but let's not get silly.
I plan on journaling, drinking 6 glasses of H2O daily, and exercising on the treadmill at least 4 times a week for 30-35min.
at a time. Good luck to us all. I hear sleigh bells ringing for us sleigh belles.
Judy
234/219.2/thinner
Old 10-22-2003, 10:34 AM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I had a nice compliment from a colleague I hadn't seen since August. He asked if I had been running, he said I looked great.

whoo hooo.

lala
Old 10-22-2003, 02:36 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Whoo-Hoo indeed! Lala, I know people in Seattle are used to wet weather, but what's up with all that heavy rain? Hope you guys have fairer skies soon.

I used up almost all of my flex points over the weekend . I'm focusing on staying on target and avoid the nighttime munchies. And as always, water, water, water and walking, walking, walking.

Hi Judy! I'd love to lose all of my weight by Xmas too, but then I'd be too sexy . Welcome
Old 10-22-2003, 03:43 PM   #9  

Smile

HI ladies

Is it too late to jump into this challange? If not then I would love to be able to lose 10 pounds by then. Actually, like Mele and Judy, I would love to say that I had lost all 40 pounds that I need to lose by then, but how unrealistic is that? I think I will be lucky to reach the 10 pound mark by then.

Mele, what part of Hawaii are you in? I used to live on Oahu, in Mililani. I graduated from high school there. I intend to one day make it back there to show my hubby and kids the area. From what I have been told though it is huge compared to 15 years ago when I left. I am almost scared to see what it is like now.

Well, I am going to get off here. I hope everyone is doing great on their personal challenge.

Starting weight (1998) 196
Lowest Weight (1999) 157
Current weight 185
Goal Weight 145
Old 10-22-2003, 04:12 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Hi lcastle. It's not too late for the Xmas challenge (it's barely Halloween ) I'm on Oahu too, your "neighbor" in Waipahu (89 grad). I wasn't born in Hawaii but pretty much raised here so I consider myself very local, la dat. I think you'll get that .

Yes the housing in Mililani has grown exponentially over the past years. It's a beautiful place though and tons of more people living there. You'll be very suprised to see the changes if you haven't been back for 15 years. Well, I look forward to talking more with you. Again, welcome to the challenge!
Old 10-22-2003, 06:34 PM   #11  

Hi Mele (Noelle)

First of all feel free to call me Lynette, sorry, thought I had a signature attached, guess I need to create one.

Anyway, I graduated from Mililani in 88. I dated a guy from Waipahu who also graduated in 88. I would see if you remembered him, but I can't for the life of me remeber his last name right now. I will have to wait until I get home from work tonight to look it up in my yearbook.....I wrote all about him....lol.

Well, I better get out of here. I look forward to talking to you more also.

Lynette
Old 10-22-2003, 08:20 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

I'm sure the guy you dated appreciates that you remember him so well Now you're making me curious! I may just be able to dig up my 88 yearbook...
Old 10-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #13  

I think his name was Michael Hall but I think that was his step father's last name. I do remember him vividly, and the time we spent together, but I dated another Michael during my senior year also....lol.

Lynette
Old 10-25-2003, 04:27 PM   #14  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone!

I had a very bad week with food, and not getting to the gym. Embarassed confession: I was over 189 points Monday-Friday, thanks to no meal planning and having just coffee for breakfast all week, and having no lunch on one day, leading me to PIG OUT for dinner on 4 out of 5 nights.

As a result, I put back on 2 pounds... but today, I'm back at it, OP. Tonight, I am going to make up a couple different soup recipes, and some low-fat banana bread so I have healthy food for next week's breakfast and lunches. I'm also going to go to the gym for a 30-minute workout each day. I think 60 minutes a day is not realistic for me to stick to right now.

Hope you all are having a better week than me! Oi!
Sarah

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 10-25-2003 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:12 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Angry Weigh-In Saturday

Hello ladies. I went to my WI today and am down 1.2 lbs . I'm glad I lost anything at all since last weekend was rough and involved chocolate cake. I'm focusing on moderation this weekend and hope to see a bigger loss next week. I'm off to Bangkok, Thailand on 11/8 and will be gone for 10 days. I'll weigh in once right before my trip, then immediately upon my return so I'll only miss one week's WI. I don't know if that's such a smart idea but at least if I know I'll be weighing in when I get back, I'll try and make smart choices even while traveling.

I took my son to the pumpkin farm and we picked our halloween pumpkin today. There are about 3 large fields from which you can roam and pick your pumpkin right off the vine. I'm sure you guys on the mainland have much larger farms, but here on this little rock called Oahu, pumpkin farming is pretty new. This is only the 2nd year which they opened the fields to the public. It's gotten so commercialized since last year and they had pony rides, hay rides and even jumping balloons and slides. I worked up a sweat just walking through the fields (of course it was about 85 degrees out).

Sara, I saw a quote from someone's signature line which read "Failure to plan is planning to fail". I know that having the right foods around you just makes it that much easier to choose to eat healthy. Good for you for setting a plan for this next week. Let's move forward shall we ?

Lynette, I don't recall a Michael Hall but once I locate my yearbook for that year, I'll be poring through the pages. How's your weekend turning out?

Has anyone tried the cinnamon swirl cake mix with the canned pumpkin recipe? I think it's one box of cake mix and 1 15 oz can of pumpkin, and maybe 1/4 cup water. I made it into a bundt cake and it was quite good. It was a tad bit heavy, but it was pretty nice and moist and 2 pts a serving. It's a good recipe for the holidays.

Well everyone, hope you're having a great week and if not, start today.
Closed Thread