Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default New to the board and already have questions!

Good Morning All,

My name is Yvette and I have joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago.

My first week, I have lost 6 pounds. I really Love the program, but HATE the meetings.

The only times I can go is on the weekends. (I work full time, am a student part-time, and a mother ALL of the time!)

I have to take my 2 year old to the meetings and he HATES it! I bearly have the time to weigh in.

My question is: Can you do WW without the meeting/weigh-in? So far, the only benefit I see about the meetings are the accountablity factor.

I will appreciate any comments!

Thanks,

Yvette
Old 11-05-2003, 02:23 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

I need the accountability of the meetings but I don't stay for the meetings. I just weigh in and go.

Why not look at W/W On-line instead of the meetings. It is $30 for 3 months and there is a registration free but it gives you access to all the online tools at W/W homepage.

Weight Watchers
Old 11-05-2003, 04:23 PM   #3  

Thank you for the suggestion! I didn't think of that. The tools look very interesting.

I will try it!

Yvette
Old 11-05-2003, 04:51 PM   #4  

I was successful when I was accountable. When stopped going to meetings, I would slip a little here and there and then stopped all together.

Maybe your not like me (I sure hope not), but when I wasnt accountale...I went off program.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:33 AM   #5  

My center and I'm sure others as well have a day where all you do is weigh in and get your new materials. There aren't any meetings that day so after you weigh in you leave.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

If it was me I would find a way to go to the meetings once a week by yourself & enjoy them. I find the meetings very helpful, motivating and supportive. Me & 2 friends go then have coffee afterward & catch-up on each others lives.

Whatever you decide, I think if you are accountable in some way and have support from whereever - you will succeeed.

Good luck in whatever you decided.
Closed Thread