Old 05-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Thumbs up Back on the ball...

It's been a while since I've posted on here. I lost 50 lbs. on Ideal Protein in 2014, but slid back when I went on maintenance. I rejoined WW in April of 2015, did well the first few months on the program, and right as I was about to hit onederland, I gained... and gained.... and gained some more. Before I knew it, I had put on about 14 lbs. from where I started and found it incredibly difficult to get it back off again

I got engaged in September of 2015, set our wedding date the following year, and found my dress in October 2016. By that time, I had gotten off about 7 lbs., but still struggled to get where I wanted to be. My cousin, who is also my MOH, gave me a much needed pep-talk, and as stubborn as I am, I found it extremely helpful. She nailed down some of my biggest problems (for example, I was eating when I wasn't hungry, mostly because I was bored, which I know a lot of us have that problem). She made me realize that it's ok to tell yourself NO in order to get to your goal. Sometimes you got to make those sacrifices in order to get to where you want to be. Now, even though this helped, changing my mindset did not happen overnight. It took a few more months, and after experiencing the teeter-totter effect (lose one week, gain the next), I finally hit a breakthrough in early March, and for the first time EVER on WW, I got to onederland 4/29/17! I am now halfway to my 5%, but in total from my highest weight, I am down 47.4 lbs! It's been a long and winding road, but there's finally a clearing at the other end. I'm hoping to get to my 5% by my wedding day, which was 3 weeks from yesterday. But it was nice to see the scale go down even more 2 days after my college graduation! #ididit
scottysgirl7682 is offline   Reply With Quote