Old 08-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #1  

Default How long have you been doing WW?

If you're currently a WeightWatchers member and have been going to meetings, when did you join and how long have you been going for? How about the people that you've seen at your meetings recently (e.g., how long have they been around for?). I'm sure it's a struggle to keep at it and I imagine a lot of people that started this January have dropped out, but I wonder how many are still around.
neilsmithsr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

I started in March and I kind of see myself going forever. I am about 1/3 of my way to goal and this is definitely a marathon, not a sprint.

My meeting has a few people who started after me but mostly people who have been there a LOT longer. I know we have several lifetime members. Most weeks, the majority of faces are familiar.

IDK about people who start and drop out. I'm sure there are a few every week, but it's hard to keep track. They don't tend to speak up in their first or second meeting so it's hard to notice if they just stop coming (or switch to online).
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 470 / 430 / 150

Height: 5'2"

I'm only one week in! I had a few nasty days trying to adjust but I think I'm okay now. So far, this feels sustainable in a way that other diets/lifestyle changes/programs haven't.
RubySnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I first joined WW in 1988 and got to lifetime in 1990. I regained and quit and went back off and on during the 90s. I went for a year a half from late 2010 to early 2012 then moved and quit going. In October, 2013, I went back again and since then I've gone almost every week. Since getting bafk to lifetime 2 years ago I only have to weigh in once a month but most of the time I attend weekly meetings. I've definitely seen people come and go. I think I saw on the WW earnings call that the average time a member stays is about 8 to 9 months. Of course, many people are repeat members.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I've been doing meetings for about a month. There are a lot of people who have been doing the program a long time at my meetings and there have been several who hit major milestones since I've been there. At the last meeting an old friend came in who has lost an incredible amount of weight this year. I had no idea she was did it on Weight Watchers. It was so inspiring!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

I just started up again this week but have done WW in the past. The first time I did WW was in 2000 and I got to my goal weight and became a lifetime member. I have done WW several times since then and have always had good success. I think part of it is because it is so flexible and still allows me to have some of the foods that I want to have while promoting a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
SocialWorkMama is offline   Reply With Quote