Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 AM   #1  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Default February Chat

Just a quick update... Even though I had a nasty cold last week that I'm still not completely over... I managed to make it to a meeting and weigh-in just right about my Goal weight and FINIALLY make LIFETIME!!!

I'm actually very excited about it and really looking forward to doing what I need to maintain it... I'm actually a bit surprised by how motivating the whole experience has been so far... I'm really loving it!!!

Last edited by Koshka; 02-05-2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Koshak note: Split off a new February Chat thread
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

Congratulations at getting to lifetime! It is a great feeling.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/177.6/140

hi weight watchers! I'm brand new here and looking forward to getting support on my weight loss adventure. So far, I'm liking weight watchers. I have a question... what does everyone do with their charm holder?
UberGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:38 AM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I personally took all of my charms and put them on a Pandora charm bracelet. The charm holders aren't very sturdy so can't really be used to do much (before I had the charms on it but kept in a drawer since the holder was so fragile).

Old 02-03-2016, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/177.6/140

Koshka, that's a great idea! I am going to do that - -when I actually earn a charm -- which I definitely WILL do!
UberGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

First week on SmartPoints and I am down 4.8 lbs (official weigh-in last night). Then I went out and had McDonalds, which I tracked, and I am somehow down another 2-3 pounds this morning (just on my home scale). It's so weird!

It's funny, I have been a WW member in the past, most recently for a four year run ending last fall. I had lost some weight after my 3rd baby but it was coming back on and I ended that run weighing more than when I started. I was having so much fun at the meetings because the group was just so funny, and I justified paying for WW even though I wasn't losing because of the entertainment value.

So I went on a hiatus for a few months to get my head on straight, and I'm so glad I did. I got a new starting weight so I don't have to feel bad to see a higher weight than the starting weight. And as much as I miss the fun group, I decided to attend a different meeting on a different day of the week. (It's amazing how much more committed to counting you are on the weekend when your weigh-in is on Tuesday instead of Saturday morning!)

When I was about to start I thought I could just do the Simply Filling because counting is so annoying, except maybe I won't do fat FREE everything, just reduced fat until I stopped myself and thought, what am I doing? Why even bother going back if I'm not going to try to give it my all at the beginning? So I changed my mind and decided to count and it's working!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

UberGinger - I didn't think to do mine until I got my charms but I wish I had built it as I went along. Even now, I wear it often when I go out to eat and just seeing it on my wrist serves to remind me to think about what I'm eating.

Amy - Sounds like things are going great for you. I like the idea of Simply Filling but even though I do mostly eat healthy foods it is is too restrictive for me. There just aren't enough weekly posts for me to eat thinks like reduced fat cheese and nuts.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I gotta admit...I'm super jealous of you right now BUT I'm also very happy for you for reaching goal!!! I cannot wait to get to mine...I rejoined WW last week after a ten year absence (of which I tired one other diet, IP, which worked...) BUT I could not keep it off... So far, I'm loving the new Smartpoints!

Congrats on making Lifetime!!! That's my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HO!! HAPPY HAPPY for you!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/173/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm new here. Doing WW at home and tracking with their online web site. Finally found something that works for me-even if it is ounces at a time.
jeanie402000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:18 AM   #10  
Less of a Better Me

Ounces count! I lost about 63 pounds and usually low ounces every week. But, do it enough times and it really adds up!
Old 02-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

A loss is a loss! I lost about 20-25lbs doing online only, and then came to a standstill for a couple of months. Switched to meetings back in November 2015 and I'm down 20.2lbs so far, and a lot of those weeks were pretty modest weight losses (less than a pound) and a few gains. I love my meeting group and the accountability. Lifetime is my ultimate goal! Can't wait until I don't have to pay anymore
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:32 AM   #12  
Less of a Better Me

It is a great feeling for sure. I really do find that meetings help me a lot with accountability. And, just reminding me of my motivation for losing weight. It is one time during the week when I am with people who have the same goal and who also value making changes for weight loss and maintenance. I know some people can do online only and that is fine for them. But, for me, I always did much better with meetings.