Old 08-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #1  

Cool Day before weigh in ideas?

No, I'm not looking to cheat the system, I am on this journey for life here. But, I would truly like to see results at my weigh in tomorrow.
I find my weight fluctuates and often on weigh in day, it reflects "up" when I know it just isn't so.
I try to wear the same thing each week, even the same underwear (clean, of course!) but I keep thinking that if I eat or drink something, that I might be able to really see what I see on my home scale for a change.
Or, is my home scale so off that it's pointless to worry about it all?
At any rate, I'm interested to hear what you all like to do the day before and if you find it helps?

I'm back here after a very long absence. I hope to be more faithful.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #2  
You're my fantasy.

Hi Linda,
Hope your weigh-in went well. My meeting is Saturday morning, so I don't eat or drink before I go, and I also try to eat light the night before.

But even so, our weight fluctuates so much for so many different reasons, it will eventually even out.

Good luck!
stillmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #3  

I don't worry about it and I weigh in at 4:00 pm on Monday. As long as I know I have stuck to the program and faithfull journaled every bite, lick and taste, I feel successful. The scale often lies and is not the best way to measure progress. We have to learn a new lifestyle and what we need to do to keep the weight off after we lose it.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:46 AM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Things I do during the couple of days before weigh in:

1. I don't eat out unless I can go somewhere where I can be very careful what I eat and it won't be too many points (Panera, for example, is fine).

2. I watch my sodium. I don't want to be retaining water right before weigh in. Last Saturday I weighed in and was retaining water and was up a couple of pounds and it really ticked me off.

3. I don't do weight lifting on Friday. I will do treadmill, just not weight lifting. That sometimes causes water retention.

4. I usually eat closer to my minimum of 26 points a day. I may go over it a couple of points, but not more than that.

I also wear the same clothes on Saturday to weigh in. I usually wear shorts and tank top and take my Fitbit off when I weigh. If I think I will get cold or am going out after the meeting I bring long pants to the meeting and change in the restroom after I weight in.

That said -- like Susan -- I once attended an afternoon meeting and just had to adjust to that. What I would do when I did that was try to wear similar weight clothing each week and tried to eat a fairly consistent lunch each week.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote