Old 06-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Picking goal weight

I am super excited to say I just reached 10%! But now for the hard part, deciding my goal weight. I have not spoke with my leader yet about what it should be. I'm kinda nervous to pick and set this goal. I don't want to go too low to where I can't reach my goal but I also want to challenge myself. I am 5'4". My original goal of all time has been 120 but that's low, really low. Not I am thinking 140. Any thoughts or advice would be great!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:23 AM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

This is actually pretty simple. Set your goal weight to 146. That is the maximum goal weight at Weight Watchers for someone who is 5'4" tall. I know this because I am 5'4" tall. At one time my goal weight was 125. I actually got to that weight. In fact I got below that weight.

Here's the thing. There are 2 good reasons to set your goal weight at 146.

First -- one you get to that goal weight, you have to be within 2 pounds of it (up or down) 6 weeks after you get to goal. After that, you can attend meetings free and can lose to a lower point if you want to. My husband has been at lifetime for a little over a year. He set his goal at 184 -- the max for his height. He now weighs about 177. He may get down another couple of pounds. The point is that he hasn't had to pay while he has lost that other 7 pounds. There is no reason to set a goal weight that is less than the max for your height unless you just enjoy paying extra money to Weight Watchers.

Second -- You may indeed want to set a personal goal that is less than 146. That is fine. But, it is premature to decide on what that is now. I did a blog post recently about what my final goal should be. I realized that once I got to a healthy weight range, what was really most important wasn't so much where I was in that weight range, but what my body composition was. I'm not sure where I will end up (I'm at 148.6 now). Maybe, I'll end up at 140 or 130 or even 125. I'll know when I get there. I know what kind of body fat I want to end up with. But, I also have to pick a weight than I can sustain. Part of why I regained was that my original goal of 125 was not sustainable by me. My husband has been able to slowly lose more weight over the last year. He sort of had in mind stopping at 175, but he hasn't lost much over the past few months. He seems to fairly easily sustain 177, but it may be that anything below that would make him miserable. I think it is way easier to figure that out once you are in a normal body weight range than it is now when you still have a lot to lose.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

You can set it higher and change it later if you want. That was the decision I can to with my leader last time. I was too far away from the recommended range for my height to even have an idea and it just felt like too much to even think about, so we set a half-way goal and said I could change it later.

Now I'm just doing the app because I don't like the meetings in my area. It also allows you to change your goal to whatever you want whenever you want. Mine is set at 299 right now and will definitely change in the future
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote