Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 04:31 PM   #16  
Find a Way

Wow, been a while since I've visited. It was a busy weekend, though not productive. Just out partying way too much according to the scale. Up 2 lbs. this week and deserved both of them. I've got to learn that this is a 24/7 program and not a "when I feel like it" program. The good news is I did get my butt to WW class even though I knew there would be a gain. That is a BIG change, since in the past I wouldn't want a gain on my card. But you know what happens if you skip one meeting......

Canadian - WOW, so close to that magical figure of 100, you are my hero!!

thinthinker - shoot, either direction on the scale can be an excuse to me. Lose too much and I think I can get away with something, gain and I think "what's the point". Seems I can make up all kinds of reasons to eat

Angie - good luck on your weigh-in tonight. However, just remember, if it doesn't turn out like you want it's only one week of a long journey. You will get to your goal and you know what to do. Congrats on the volleyball tournament.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:09 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! I am singing and a dancing. WI this morning was OUTSTANDING! Sorry girls, but I need to celebrate! It's been sooooo long since I had a good one. Anyway, no more suspense. The scale showed down 5 big pounds! Yahoo! Hurray! I have been dinkin' around with the same few pounds for 3 months and it's about time they moved on!

Cynthia: You and me both, baby. One excuse after another! It is soooo frustrating!

Maggie: I'm with you girlfriend. But my goal is 75# by October so I'll look better for our anniversary trip! That's a big chunk of weight, but I can do it if I put my mind to it.

Angie: Hope your WI turned out well. You're so good to babysit for your nephew. Hannah will have a blast!

Well, I'm outta here. It's after 8:00 and good TV is on. You all be good.

"A classic vicious circle: you don't love yourself enough, so you treat yourself so badly that it's hard for you to love yourself. Be good to yourself. Maybe the idea will catch on." - Merry Moore
Old 03-19-2001, 09:37 PM   #18  
Dying to be thin

Well I am back and the scale was SOOO good to me tonight!!! Down 1.4 lbs!!! YIPPEE!! I am so proud and it just makes me want to crack the whip harder this week!!

THINTHINKER!! WOOO HOOO GIRL! You go get em!!

Maggie- You go get em too!! I am right behind all of you!!!

Angie
267.6/252.2/241.6 10%
Old 03-19-2001, 09:40 PM   #19  
Dying to be thin

WW Queen- I am sorry I did not mention you honey...I didn't mean not too. I am sorry you had a gain this week but jump back on the wagon...there's plenty of room for you!!! We are here for you if you need support!! Go get em girl!!!

Angie
Old 03-20-2001, 11:15 AM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, good morning, good morning! I'm here earlier than usual today. Hubby is out at a job interview. Hurray!

Food was a little off yesterday. We went out to dinner and I got what I wanted, not what I should have had. I am not angry with myself. I enjoyed it. I am not so bad off when I do it on Mondays because I have all week to fix it before the next WI. I think I will go back to a 'soup day'. That worked real well for me. Either that or maybe everyday will be soup or a salad for lunch and then just enjoy a lite dinner. We are going Mexican tonight, just got the job in.

Angie: 1.4# is GREAT! Keep it up! I forgot to mention, I really like your Avatar. You keep on being the cheerleader!

Well, girls. It's time to get off this 'time sucker' and get something accomplished. Michigan is getting another Springlike day for the first day of Spring. I have to enjoy it because by the end of the week it will be Winter again! Yes, that's right. Michigan has 4 seasons, it's just that Spring, Summer and Fall don't last very long! We have to enjoy the few warm days we get!

I'll try to get back here later today, but in case I don't, I'll leave you with the quote of the day now. I hope you enjoy it as it truly relates to this journey we are on. Love to all.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one..." - Mark Twain
Old 03-20-2001, 11:15 AM   #21  

hannahntigger, thinthinker, and WWQueen:

With your loses and gains, you are all an inspiration to me, as I sit my big butt on the seat at work. Your loses are fantastic and going to WI even though you anticipated a gain is courageous. I hope your enthusiasm is contagious.

2oM
Old 03-20-2001, 04:13 PM   #22  
Dying to be thin

I have something to add from my meeting last night. Maybe you have heard these recipes but I haven't so I was excited about it.

Take one 16oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) and one box of cake (any kind) put them together and bake..add nothing else
If you make them into muffins they are 3 points per muffin

Another recipe:
Take one box of angel food cake and a can of crushed pineapples...fold them together. Put them in a 9 X 13 pan and cut it into 16 pieces. Each piece of cake is 1 point!! Remember to fold it in..don't beat it.

The last recipe:
Take chocolate graham crackers (Honeymaid is better than Keebler) Take one slab and break it in half. Put 1 tbsp of Fat free cool whip in between and freeze it for at least 2-3 hours. It tastes like an ice cream sandwich and it's only 1 point!!

So there are so recipes for the sweet tooth!!! Hope it helps!

Angie
Old 03-20-2001, 06:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone,

Remember me? I fell off the face of the board for way too long.

Things got really frustrating in February and had to take a break. Our house deal turned bad and we ended up getting out of the deal and thus losing some money. But we're better off in many ways and have another place in the works. More, better land and a better, bigger manufactured home. We won't be moving for another month and a half at least but I've been sorting and packing anyway. Life handed us lemons and we made lemonade.

The diet front has been equally frustrating. It was your post Maggie, that encouraged me to start posting again. I was catching up on the thread and lunch and your comment about being fed up with yo-yo'ing that hit home.

I've gained a few back that I had lost and have been doing the yo-yo thing over the last several weeks. Last week I started journalling again but once again, I'd do good until mid-week and forget. So today I made myself do the best I could on recalling most of what was eaten and get it all down and totalled. I'm tired of "starting over" thinking I'll do better next week. Nope, I'll do better NOW. I've also been getting in some form of exercise for the last four days and that has to be something else I do better on now not later.

I really want to see 249 this summer. Nothing special about the number but its two sets of numbers lower than where I am now. I don't want to go back to the doctor's hovering at the same point as I was last time either. That makes me feel like a failure too.

Everyone has been doing so great. There's no way for me to catch up with individual posts. But I can say that I'm happy for all your successes and for the great attitudes.

The board has really changed so I hope this posts where I want it too.

Good luck to all and keep up all the great progress.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:34 AM   #24  
Find a Way

Yay - my Avs won tonight. However, things got hectic before going to the game so I ended up with only 17 points today. Oddly enough I do not feel hungry and I have no idea why. I usually have much more than that (30 - 33) and feel hungry on those days. It's very interesting.....

thinthinker - what great losses!! Way to hang in there and lose that fat.

Angie - thanks for those recipes, they all sound yummy, and I can use some low-point chocolate ideas.

Terri - I'm new hear but I certainly understand where you are coming from. I do so well at the beginning of the week then I allow excuses to seep in and get the better of me. I have to work on this EVERY day if I'm going to get this weight off and keep it off.

Well, it's rather late so I should turn in now. Still a bit pumped from the game, but I am finally starting to feel tired.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:54 PM   #25  

Hello all!

Terri - That's funny you mention going to the Dr. That's my main motivation right now (Besides just looking and feeling better)! I want to go to the Dr this fall and be quite a bit smaller then I was last fall!

Here's a story from my last WW class I thought I would share with you all!

Are you a Carrot, an Egg, or a Coffee Bean?

A man wanted to teach his daugher a lesson. He took 3 pots and filled them w/ water, then put them on the stove and let them start to boil. In one pot he put carrots, in another eggs, and in the third he put coffee beans. He let them boil for 20 minutes, then removed them from the heat and set them in front of her.

"What do you see?" He said to his Daugher.

"I see carrots, eggs, and coffee beans. But what does it mean?" Asked the daughter.

When faced with the same challenge (the boiling water), each object deals with it differently. The carrots turn soft and weak. The eggs outer shell protects it for awhile, but eventually, the insides turn hard and cold. The coffee beans turn the water into coffee.

So, are you the carrot, who turns soft and weak when faced w/ adversity and challenges? Or are you the egg, that puts up a little fight to protect yourself, but eventually turns hard and cold on the inside. Or, finally, are you the coffee bean, who fights back against the boiling water, and turns it into something different, and better. Remember, the hotter the water, the stronger the coffee!

I find that very inspirational! Hope you all did too!
Old 03-21-2001, 09:15 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! I was working all day and left DH home to paint the bedroom. Hey, do I know when to escape or what??? Food has been ok but I'm not being faithful to the journal and that distresses me. Must do better.

Annie: Glad you stopped in.

Angie: The pumpkin cake sounds good. The other 2 I have made and they're great!

Terri: Welcome Back! I've been struggling too. Last week is the first week that has gone well for me in a long while. Journalling made the difference.

Cynthia: Glad your team won and you're so Jazzed! Oops, that's another team isn't it???

Tracy: Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

Must run. Lots of paperwork to do. You all behave.

All of the flowers of tomorrows are the seeds of today.
Old 03-22-2001, 12:20 AM   #27  
Dying to be thin

Just wanted everyone to know that I made the pumpkin muffins today and they are AWESOME! My problem is I ate 3 of them....that's 9 points..lol..but that's okay..I had some saved up!

Angie
Old 03-22-2001, 11:20 AM   #28  
Find a Way

I just love pumpkin muffins, but haven't made them in a while. My oven is controlled by a computer chip and it's been freaking out lately. I can only bake for about 15 minutes before it starts dinging like a madman. Guess it's time to call the repairman.

Just had to get on today and report a "mid-week" weigh-in. I don't jump on my scale at home too often because I know what it can do to me psychologically, but I just had to this morning. It read 268.75!! I haven't been in the 260s on my scale in quite a long time so I was excited. I know the number will be rather different at Weight Watchers on Monday as I will be fully clothed and will have some food and water in my belly, but that's okay. I know I've been doing good and it will be kind. Now if only Monday will get here .
Old 03-22-2001, 12:08 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning everyone! Happy Thursday! Honey is painting the ceiling in our room for the second time. My carpet layer is coming around 2:00. The whole thing is shaping up pretty good.

Angie: I've got to try the muffins. Maybe I'll make it into a cake instead. Ummmm. What flavor cake mix did you use? Did you follow the temperature for baking from the cake mix box, or was it different?

Cynthia: Glad the scale is 'lookin' good'. I jumped on mine this morning and it's lookin' good too. Can't wait til Monday to see for sure.

Well girls, I'm off to make some cabbage soup. You all take care. Love to all.

You must begin to be today what you hope to be tomorrow.

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-22-2001 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2001, 12:41 PM   #30  
Makin_it

Hi everyone

Well I can't believe it's been a week since I started my new position. Now I don't know if I'm liking it, very stressful..... I had a real tough weekend and basically have no more nails left to chew off

I decided on sunday that I WON'T let this mess up my progress......

I lost another 1.5 on Tuesday and 5.5 the week before.

Only 11 more to get to that magic 100 pounds..... CAN'T WAIT!

I will try to post to indivudals later, but everyone looks like they are keeping busy and doing well. Keep up the good work and keep posting...... You are helping so many people.

Take care everyone

Brenda
Closed Thread