Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Default Missed out on at least 12 points today :(

So my sleeping schedule was bad today, I fell asleep early and didnt get to eat supper like I usually do... I ended up waking up at 4 am but didnt think that it was logical to count whatever I eat from here on as yesterdays points. So technically I didnt get all my calories in for that day

Has anyone ever done this and gained a pound for a day? I dont want my body to store any fat thinking that I starved myself!

Thanks
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Krissy. I'm not doing Weight Watchers, but I'm pretty sure you won't gain from one day of eating less. There are many people on 3FC who have done more research than me who say that the starvation mode is a myth. Likewise, there are weight loss strategies such as intermittent fasting and calorie cycling where people deliberately eat fewer calories on certain days. I'm sorry that you missed out on food though! I know for me that when I'm trying to lose every bite matters.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
Hi Krissy. I'm not doing Weight Watchers, but I'm pretty sure you won't gain from one day of eating less. There are many people on 3FC who have done more research than me who say that the starvation mode is a myth. Likewise, there are weight loss strategies such as intermittent fasting and calorie cycling where people deliberately eat fewer calories on certain days. I'm sorry that you missed out on food though! I know for me that when I'm trying to lose every bite matters.

Thanks for the reply, and yes every bite does matter :P What is this intermittent fasting that Ive been hearing about? Does this make you lose more weight? And how often must you do this? Whats its purpose? LOL

Thanks
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm not an intermittent fasting expert, but the basic idea is that you refrain from eating (fast) for a certain amount of time, which allows you to eat more at another time. There are various methods to do this. I have a friend who does it 2-3 times per week. Basically, he eats dinner one night and then doesn't eat again (except water or tea) until dinner the next night. The next day he resumes normal eating. Assuming the dinner he eats is in moderation, he saves a lot of calories on the day he fasted.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
I'm not an intermittent fasting expert, but the basic idea is that you refrain from eating (fast) for a certain amount of time, which allows you to eat more at another time. There are various methods to do this. I have a friend who does it 2-3 times per week. Basically, he eats dinner one night and then doesn't eat again (except water or tea) until dinner the next night. The next day he resumes normal eating. Assuming the dinner he eats is in moderation, he saves a lot of calories on the day he fasted.
So has he lost more weight from doing this? And is this a long term thing?? :P