Old 06-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Sick... what to eat?

Hello fellow WW'ers! I just joined a few days ago and I really like how it's working - I don't feel hungry nor deprived of any foods, and I feel in control, which is good.

However, I have gotten a wonderful summer cold. Normally I would just be eating soups and drinking tons of hot tea, but I just can't handle hot meals right now with the heat we are having here.

Any suggestions as to light meals that are good for colds? I've been eating lots of oranges but I know I need to watch the fruits and keep it to 2-3 a day. I don't have much of an appetite either, so I've been making lots of shakes, but I won't end up eating all my points if have a shake for each meal.

Any suggestions are welcomed
chahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Knock on wood, I haven't gotten sick since I've been dieting. That being said, even if it's hot out I'd probably still eat soup, but maybe at room temperature instead of hot? I'd make a chicken broth soup with veggies, then bake up some lightly seasoned chicken breast separately so I could weigh the meat before putting it in the soup. If I recall correctly, most clear broths are 0 pts, especially the low sodium/low fat versions. I would probably add salt back to taste, though, because I find saltier things make my sore throat feel better lol!

If that isn't an option, maybe cut up some chicken breast into chunks, slice some grapes in half, add a few chopped walnuts and mix in maybe 1 tablespoon of mayo/miracle/whip/creamy dressing of your choice. I love this easy chicken salad in a whole wheat wrap.
1 5 oz chicken breast, cooked and cut into small pieces-5pts
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts-2 pts
1/2 cup grapes, sliced-0pts
1 tablespoon miracle whip light dressing-0pts
1 whole wheat wrap-3pts

This is easily modified to whatever you like...I don't like a lot of miracle whip so 1 tablespoon is fine for me to get just the small amount of flavor (if I use 2 tablespoons I usually up the point to 1). This tastes just as yummy in a lettuce wrap, too, if you want something 0pts. I like to add more grapes sometimes to make it more filling without adding more points. Some people add celery, or green onions...there's lots you can do to spruce it up

That's the only really light one I can think of that's not soup I know it's not much, but I hope it helps!!!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

Sorry you're sick!!!!!

There are some nice soups that will stay in your point range!

Hope you feel better!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for your responses - I think today I may just have to go with some soup but eat it at room temp as suggested.

I've just been trying to eat "lighter" meals like I had toast + cottage cheese + avocado for dinner last night.

Since I've lost my sense of smell for the moment I'll maybe stick to toast/eggs and then shakes the rest of the day.
chahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/See Ticker/130

Height: 4"11

Thats tricky!! I would drink lots of liquids, and maybe some soup but maybe warm or cold! Also if your short for a couple of days .. dont worry about it..your body will bounce back .. just take care of yourself...if you cant handle solid foods right now dont push it!
Krissypants29 is offline   Reply With Quote