Old 05-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/see ticker/135 (HW210-220)

Height: 5'5'' (technically 5'5.4'' but whos counting lol)

Default First time on WW, kind of concerned, HELP

Ok so heres a little backstory(skip if u dont care). I was 210 lbs and went down to 135/130 at my lowest although I did it very unhealthy. Once evaluating that I decided to try to be regular but conscious as my plan couldn't last forever and ive been slowly creeping up to about 160. I have been trying on my own for a year, have yet to get a 10 lb loss once close the scale jumps and it seems 157 is just where my body wants to be but im unhappy. I also have PCOS.

Yesterday tired of watching j.hud scream believe on the tv I decided to join weight watchers. Now it may be early to ask but I was given 26 points. i ate i think 13 points and earned 5 activity points. I ate healthier than i usually do but thats expected if i was eating cookies it wouldnt really be a diet. I wasnt all that hungry either, mild headache but i think thats bc my lack of water (3glasses). Now when i was hungry I ate, even ate a snack after dinner to fill the gap. I know there will be days unlike this that I will eat all my points (eating out, wine and such).

My concern is I will not lose weight or maybe gain weight bc im not eating all my points but it also says listen to your body and i just wasnt hungry.

And no im not gorging myself on 0 points
breakfast i had egg beaters with cheese, coffee and a medium apple (im not much of a breakfast eater in general so this was alot), lunch-cabbage(about a cup) with fat free ranch dressing(1 tbsp), dinner-smart ones chicken thai noodle and veggie. snack-craisins
curlyfroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Try to eat all your points! It will be better for your body. If you are having trouble eating all your points, eat fuller fat items. And your lunch seems awfully light (add some protein!). Yes you should listen to your body but you also need to make sure that you are eating enough points to give your body energy.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #3  

It was saturday so I was really on the go but I think your right, I really did not give myself enough protein yesterday. Im at work for lunch so i dont have much in my house besides tuna but i should have cracked open a can. I just worry bc Im a sweets freak so i know I can get my points used but it would be in the wrong way. the weekends i usually eat less/better than weekdays. Weekdays are my problems. so I may not have the below points problem come monday. We will see, Thank you.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #4  
Lorna

S/C/G: 217/Ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Curlyfroyo, first, welcome!!! Congrats on taking the first step, yeaaaah!!!

Agree with Daimere ^ ya gotta eat "ALL" your DPs. The body is a wonderful thing, it compensates when it thinks you are trying to starve it. If you under eat the recommended number of calories (points) necessary for your height, current weight, age, gender and level of activity, your body will just refuse to budge.

Start eating all of your DPs, try plan ahead what you are going to eat each day on the night before. Try fill your day with healthy choices. Stick in some filling protein choices (a little LF cheese, chicken, some nuts, an egg perhaps). Do eat a couple of pieces of fruit. I'm willing to wager that you will see your scale start to move. It was one of the weirdest concepts that I had to get my head around .."what do you mean...so you are telling me I gotta eat to lose weight??"..."yup!". It's so true!

Keep earning those APs, good for you!!

Good luck, and remember slow and steady wins the race!!

Last edited by Lorna F; 05-05-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Lorna F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Reread your materials as well you are missing some of the good health guidelines. Dairy and healthy oil.Definitely more protein and whole grains.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #6  

Thank you Lorna,

I am really excited and very hopeful that WW works for me, I hear nothing but good from ppl that stick with the program. I was just asking for advice bc I dont want to find out at the end of the week on the scale that I was doing it wrong. I think planning my dinner will be essential to how I budget my day. I also find it fascinating that foods that I considered healthy when calorie counting is not so with pointsplus. those "100 calorie" serving sizes that I always looked for have alot of fat and carbs that I ignored going but its only 100 calories.

I found this recipe on pintrest for pesto flatbread pizza -8 points (site wont let me post link) im going to try tonight since I realized maybe I can have a little more fun than I expected on a diet.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #7  
Lorna

S/C/G: 217/Ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like fun Curlyfroyo, let us know how it turns out. You are right, you can have a lot of fun with this...

Another thing I've found super useful on my journey (and recommended by the good folks posting here) is:

- skinnytaste.com, fantastic recipes, all WW points counted for you. Really well planned website. Have made several things. Lots of fun!! Today, Cinco De Mayo, for example is "Turkey Tacos" (4pp), South Western Salad (2pp), Mexican 'unfried' Ice Cream (4pp)...can't wait, yummmm!!!
Lorna F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna F View Post

- skinnytaste.com, fantastic recipes, all WW points counted for you. Really well planned website. Have made several things. Lots of fun!! Today, Cinco De Mayo, for example is "Turkey Tacos" (4pp), South Western Salad (2pp), Mexican 'unfried' Ice Cream (4pp)...can't wait, yummmm!!!

yes, yes, yes! I LOVE Gina's recipes on Skinny Taste! Highly recommended! You can search by protein type, meatless, entree type, and PP value. It's definitely a great tool to get some ideas.
sosurreptitious is offline   Reply With Quote