Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #1  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Default What is your motivating anchor?

This weeks weight watcher meeting was all about finding an anchor that helps keep you motivated. We talked about this at length in my meeting and I think it's a great idea and decided to join in.

My anchor is a charm bracelet that my mother gave me a few years ago. It's been sitting in my jewlery box collecting dust and, after last nights meeting, I thought "aha!" For every 10 pounds I lose I'm going to treat myself to a new charm and add it to my bracelet. This way I have something with me all the time to help me stay On Plan, even when at a party or restaurant (my biggest challenge areas). On my dominant wrist, I'll have to hear/see it every time I go to grab something I probobly shouldn't. I'm going to see if there is a way to add the keychain charms ww gives to the bracelet, but I'm not sure if that'll work.

How about you? What is your anchor? Why/how does it motivate you?
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/221.4/175

Height: 5'4"

My kids. Mainly my son as he's already over weight and he's only 11. He's been seeing me take control, and has started doing it as well. He's down 10 pounds! If he can do it, I sure as **** can! We walk everyday, which was his idea, and we've decided to only 'cheat' together. Tonight we got pizza as our cheat. He didn't even ask for more, bread, chicken or any of our normal pig out foods

I had a rough two weeks and he snapped me right back into reality. He literally sat me down at the table and said ' mom, lets get real. I know you cheated. Enoughs enough'
I didn't know whether to ground him or hug him lol

Yesterday he told me I looked like a million bucks, and I was the best looking mom of all his friends. I adore him, and I want to be here to see him make someone the happiest person in the world.

If an 11 year old can resist crap and junk, I defiantly can!
Booschhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #3  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

My husband Joe. He has been my lifeline and my rock through all my ups and downs with my weight. In the 8 years we have been together he has never once given up on me or stopped believing that I can (and will!) achieve any goal I put my mind to. I adore him and I am so grateful for his love and patience.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booschhay View Post
My kids. Mainly my son as he's already over weight and he's only 11. He's been seeing me take control, and has started doing it as well. He's down 10 pounds! If he can do it, I sure as **** can! We walk everyday, which was his idea, and we've decided to only 'cheat' together. Tonight we got pizza as our cheat. He didn't even ask for more, bread, chicken or any of our normal pig out foods

I had a rough two weeks and he snapped me right back into reality. He literally sat me down at the table and said ' mom, lets get real. I know you cheated. Enoughs enough'
I didn't know whether to ground him or hug him lol

Yesterday he told me I looked like a million bucks, and I was the best looking mom of all his friends. I adore him, and I want to be here to see him make someone the happiest person in the world.

If an 11 year old can resist crap and junk, I defiantly can!
I'm not on weight watchers but read all of the threads on the New Posts page. Your son is wise beyond his years, what a cutie pie. It speaks volumes of what a wonderful mother you are. Congrats to you both on your new lifestyle of being healthy and losing weight!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I do love my husband and my family, but my anchor is something different and it's going to sound really weird at first. I have to wear a compression stocking on my left leg because of past blood clots and something called May-Thurners Syndrome. I will have to wear it for at least 2 years (which started in Oct. 2012). My anchor is this compression stocking. If I can lose weight and get fit, I might be able to stop wearing it sooner or not have to wear it for life. I need to get my blood moving in my leg!

Last edited by MrsD2008; 05-03-2013 at 10:26 PM.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

3fc!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278.0 / See Ticker / 169

Height: 5'9"

So, the anchor topic really threw me for a loop, because I don't really have one--or at least I didn't recognize one. I decided to take a lead from the WW Weekly and do the paperclip chain, which I have chained in my pantry so it hangs right over the shelf where the snacks are! So far, it seems to be working!

-Melinda
OtterMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #8  
Lorna

S/C/G: 217/Ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

My daughters, 16 year old twins. Every evening after school they take turns to walk with me. Then they say to me yesterday "Mom, we are gonna make you dinner as a treat for mothers day - how many points are you allowed to have?...would you like this...or that?"....awwww *melt*

(btw, I love all of your stories. In a way they are also motivating. In addition to the fact that you are all on the same journey as I am, and know how darn hard this can be, so thank you for sharing )

Last edited by Lorna F; 05-06-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Lorna F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #9  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

3FC is definitely my anchor and safe place. Love it here and couldn't do this without everyone here. I don't post as often as I would like to, but I only have a tablet to access the internet and it's not as easy to type on (probably a good thing for all of you, since I can get quite verbose).

I also have a charm bracelet on which I add charms for every five pounds lost.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #10  

My Other half is my anchor. Hes amazing and helps me with portion size and advises me when im not sure about certain foods I also go to meetings with my best friend so we keep ourself going. We've lost exactly the same so far...

Oh wait also my pooch. When we got her she was soooo overweight. Her previous owners fed her scraps and hardly ever walked her... we put her on a diet and walk her all the time and a year later she looks brilliant! LOL

Last edited by Di1586; 05-10-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Di1586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #11  
WW Moderator

Just to clarify to the ones that don't go to meetings - the motivating anchors that the leaders were discussing were like the physical version of our "one smiley for every 5 pounds lost". Something that you add on to to see your weight loss in a physical form.

My leader kept a paperclip chain thumbtacked to a bulletin board, and added a paperclip for every half pound. That gave her instant motivation in the beginning - 10 paperclips are much more motivating than 5!

One lady in class has a pandora bracelet and adds on a new bead for every 5 pounds.

Another woman in class bought a necklace and a some silver beads, and is adding a bead for every pound lost.

Another woman is beading a chain - I can't remember what kinds of gems she is using, but but she does 13 small beads and then every 14th is a bigger gemstone for a Stone in weight loss. So she can count how many pounds as well as stones that she lost.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Well, then, I guess we're all wrong!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote